Has Anyone Seen HBO Documentary "Thought Crimes: The Case Of The Cannibal Cop"…...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by teehee, May 19, 2015.

1. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    I saw it last night. It was good. What cracked me up was 80% of the time when they interviewed wannabe cannibal cop, they showed him cooking.:giggle: When he was in jail his job was cooking for the staff..

gotnolife, Petal, Zach and 10 others like this.
  2. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    no but I have to sat it was fucked up this guy was convicted . I followed the case a bit and
    it really crossed the fine line between criminal conspiracy and free speech I think the prosecution was very lucky the nature of his discussion was so gruesome and frank everyone just got hung up on that and didnt consider that there really was not physical evidence he was planning a crime beyond some stuff he wrote on the Internet

3. teehee

Reputations:
    It's very good and thought provoking. The guy is an extreme bizarro freak, but he there was no evidence he was planning to commit any of the crimes he talked about. He was quitting that site the day his wife got spyware..I really don't get the judge sentencing the guy to life. Glad it was overturned. The DA office is appealing..

stanggirl likes this.
  4. NiggalissCage

NiggalissCage Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Minority Report. Precrimes division.

5. teehee

Reputations:
    Match.com Deletes Cannibal Cop's Dating Profile [Updated]
    By Jessica Roy
    362Shares
    Share312Tweet50Share0Share0Emailreleased from jail after his kidnapping-conspiracy conviction was overturned, Gilberto Valle — the former NYPD officer dubbed "Cannibal Cop" for allegedly planning to kidnap, kill, and eat women — is hungry for love on Match.com. Unfortunately for him, the online dating service told us that they've deleted Valle's alleged profile, even though frankly he can't be any worse than the other dudes you might find on there.

Going by the handle "AmicableOne34," Valle was searching for a "non-judgmental" woman ages 24 to 32 who is "a little kinky ;)." Some quotes from the profile, according to the Post:

“You appreciate the simple things and can make the best out of a situation that is less than ideal."

“You’re non-judgmental. You can generally see the good in people and you are kind and generous . . . You appreciate and laugh at bad jokes."

“Occasionally I just need a day indoors by myself and that usually entails enjoying a glass of bourbon on the rocks."

“I have a few bucket list items: a cross-country drive along with other traveling, seeing Jerry Seinfeld do stand-up, going to a live Hell’s Kitchen dinner service."

Also, he listed cooking as a favorite hobby!:eek:

The Post believed the profile was legitimate, and its evidence is pretty convincing. If it was a fake, someone had to be extremely familiar with the details of Valle's life, have access to personal photos, and pay to set up the Match account. Plus, Valle didn't exactly play it cool when confronted with a screenshot of his profile.

When shown a screenshot of the profile, he blurted, “I don’t want to see it, thanks,” and hurried inside his home.

Match.com, for its part, thought the profile was offensive enough to ban. "We received a number of complaints about this profile, alerting us to its existence, and have removed it from our site," a spokesperson told us.

Petal, Scarlett Ohara and OV like this.
  6. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    His use of the police computer to get info on potential victims is where, IMO, a case can be made that it was a bit more than fantasy.

7. teehee

Reputations:
    There is no doubt the guy is a freak. I believe he certainly deserved jail time for that. Its a sticky deal. I certainly would not want to hang around the dude. He would be looking a little too closely at my rump roast for comfort..Thats why the documentary is so good. You see both sides of the argument.

Alisonsbankacct, SorryBoff and OV like this.
  8. Lemmy

Reputations:
    I'm betting that his mom :quote:accidentally:quote: falls into a drum of boiling olive oil after being rolled in flour. She is delusional.

Petal, Alisonsbankacct, Stag and 2 others like this.
  9. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    I need to see this yesterday. How they convicted this guy is distressing to me.

HBO is killing it right now with documentaries.

10. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    "Wanted: A Self-Contained Woman who brings me food"

Alisonsbankacct, teehee and Beffquus like this.
  11. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    I followed this case when it was going on, and then lost track, I'll check it out ----

12. ScottBaiosPenis

Reputations:
    do police often do unauthorized searches

13. Lemmy

Reputations:
    On the database computer?

TallTyrion likes this.
  14. Lemmy

Reputations:
    I was surprised about the conviction too until I saw the documentary. The stuff with the police computer and a visit to a female college friend coupled with some of his creepy chat room postings changed my opinion as far as his intent.

I'm sure the documentary has a slant to it's coverage and editing as well.

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  15. Lemmy

Reputations:
    What you search for is easily tracked so anyone using it for non-official reasons is a dolt. That being said a few are busted for it every year or so where I work. Dummies.

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  16. Beffquus

Beffquus Scripta sunt in stellis Gold

Reputations:
    Seriously, I am looking questionably at the bacon on my plate right now...
    :nocheer:

teehee and Senator Rick like this.
  17. flonsta

flonsta Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, you really start to doubt whether it was all fantasy while watching the doc. He seemed to be thinking hard about taking the next step with that one female friend of his.

Petal and Alisonsbankacct like this.
  18. ScottBaiosPenis

Reputations:
    what info could he have gathered that he could not otherwise have which suggests he was going from fantasy to conspiracy to kidnap

Alisonsbankacct and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  19. Lemmy

Reputations:
    He wasn't just talking about doing things to his college friend....kidnap, rape, eating. He, in the real world, used his NYPD access to the federal database (IIRC) to get info on the lady. Address, vehicle, birthday, ss#, whatever. He could have likely obtained this info in other ways but he went the easy and, luckily, traceable route.

I view it as the same as having an unused torture room or a "rape kit". It goes towards possible intent.

I'm not arguing that it is a slam dunk case just that I think the real world database search and recon visit to the "friend", which was relayed on the chat board as such, brings it from strictly "words on a screen" to something more and possibly to the level of a crime.

Petal, blueguitar and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  20. SorryBoff

SorryBoff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The dude is creepy no question but i don't think he ever intended to do anything about it. The fact that he would say all kinds of stuff that was completely untrue on these message boards leads me to believe that.

He told that guy on there that he had a dungeon in his basement with an industrial sliding door to keep her in, yet he lived in an apartment and the only thing in the basement was a common area laundry room.

He said he had a very large industrial oven, large enough for a human, he did not.

He said he had purchased the necessary supplies like rope, the ingredients for chloroform etc when he didn't.

Don't get me wrong I do think the guys got a screw loose, but he was just living a fantasy online. Is it possible one day he could go that route? Perhaps, but you can't lock him up for thinking of committing a crime. If I decide to kill someone, I drive over there with a gun, but when I pull up to their house I change my mind and go home, should I go to jail for that?

ScottBaiosPenis likes this.