Has Howard Completely Lost The Ability to Recognize What's Funny or Entertaining?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tv910, Feb 28, 2013.

1. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Back when the show was actually good, Howard would cut off a bit or interview when it was going nowhere. Now every interview goes at least an hour no matter how boring and repetitive it is and it's been years since they did a bit that was remotely funny. If he thinks people actually want to hear Joan Rivers for the 100th time or give a shit about AGT he's so completely out of touch with his audience there's no hope that things will ever get better. Even that critic who always lathers Howard's ass (Bob Lefsetz) says AGT is a horrible show and Howard made a big mistake by doing it. In fact things have been WORSE since they supposedly started having those staff meetings, not a single original idea has come out of them and they just continue to recycle lame old stuff. Which brilliant creative mind came up with the idea for a fake controversy about pissing on the bathroom floor a few months after one about shitting?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  2. dalecooper

dalecooper Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think it's unlikely that Howard suddenly lost his comedic talent after Artie left the show.

Closer to the truth is probably that the guy never had much talent in the first place; that Jackie, Billy West, John and Artie were just making him look good all these years.

3. The Cocksman

The Cocksman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If the show sucks so much why are you still listening?

4. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    he keeps every interview at least an hour because he has absolutely NOTHING to say, and no ideas for the show, so orgies, hash oil, penis size and bank accounts make for "good" time filler

5. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    uh hello, 1998 called, it wants its newsflash back...fookin morons all of you.

2013 many many many free podcasts with a wide variety of personalities & topics & you stoopud cunts are still whining, paying & listening to grandma stern...fuck yoos guys.:facepalm:

6. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard mixed it up a little with Alex Jones- he inquired about hash, not hash oil. This is progress.

7. Bye You!

Reputations:

i thought that was hilarious.

"you ever do drugs?"

"sure"

"HASH?"

he was so fucking excited! :rofl:

jesus christ, Wiggy, get over it.

8. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If you can't think of anything more original to say, why do you bother posting?

9. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    i think he still knows whats funny/interesting, he just doesnt care. he isnt paid extra money to be funny

10. shabadoo25

shabadoo25 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This is Howie's best effort at bonus-free radio. Which is to say, no effort at all.

11. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Howard is napping with his eyes open on Sirius. Unless money comes up.

12. Chuck Kongo

Chuck Kongo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think he's lost the ability to some degree just because he's getting old as dirt and most people who were funny at one point or could recognize funny almost always start to lose it as the world passes them by.

But the biggest problem is that he just DOESN'T CARE anymore in part because he thinks since he worked so hard for so many years building the show and maintaining it when he did care that he "deserves" to be able to just mail it in and coast on his legacy and everyone should just stfu and be grateful that he's even still working....

13. Martina

Martina New Member

Reputations:
    I liked the E Channel show, where they just filmed his radio show. He had many stars coming into the studio in those days, I guess about 1995 til 2002. He needs real celebrities in the studio to be interesting, those days are long gone as we are stuck in the vortex of Joan Rivers, Trump, Real Housewives, plugging their shows. And frankly, all Howard could get was to jump on the bandwagon of crappy game shows. All his attempts at shows in the past have failed. Only his E Channel show lasted but it was heavily edited to half hour shows because Stern has tons of unfunny filler stuff because he is on the air too long in the morning. And, no, I do not listen to Stern anymore, I long ago canceled my Sirius subscription.

14. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    Think about it, there has been no one on Howard's current staff that is :quote: funny :quote: since Artie left (and don't say Shuli). Artie is a professional comedian, is witty, and has pretty comic good timing. He was also paid beau coup bucks to be there.

Now, with that retarded contract Sirius stupidly gave the Wigged Wonder, Howard's in charge of the marbles, and he ain't paying shit to anyone except Howard.

Nothing will change until the Artie chair is filled by a real, professional comedian who is unrestricted by Howard's newfound gayness.

I'm not holding my breath...

15. Trophy Knife

Trophy Knife Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Absolutely. Howard always surrounded himself with talent, and also had Alison and his parents to goof on/with, so it wasn't obvious how unfunny he was on his own. Jackie, Billy, SJ, and sometimes Fred, were always there to help mask the douche-chills following Howard's creepier, dumber tantrums/comments, and really carried the show.

Howard was a decent ringmaster, but the funny came from others. His biggest conceit was believing he could carry the show on his own.

16. Bye You!

Reputations:

i don't think ANYONE foresaw just how greedy Wiggy was going to be with 500 million + marbles.

Shame on Sirius, tho. That's their business.

17. shabadoo25

shabadoo25 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard also is like a bad guy wrestler who is about to retire and turns good so he can leave on good terms.

Howard wants to be more PC before he quits to appease the Hamptons crowd.

18. SalsMasterShake

Reputations:
    This!

[​IMG]

"Anything else, Robin?"

19. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    you lost me at artie was funny, but ya i get your point, regarding the shit show.

artie had some good stories his first two years, after that, gawd awful wore out his welcome.

20. SalsMasterShake

Reputations:
    I hear you, and it's a valid criticism. Artie was awesome those 1st couple of years, the Limbaugh, Golddust, and Riley impressions; the fights with ETM, EEO, and Crazy Alice; Lord of the Anal Ring Toss. For me, it went over the cliff when Artie joined the "BethO is an angel" cult and started back on the H with a vengeance. After that, it was all downhill.

I wonder when those confidentiality clauses expire?