Has Howard ever addressed?...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by mediauwant, Mar 16, 2013.

1. mediauwant

mediauwant New Member

Reputations:
    I was a daily listener before Howard moved to Satellite. I only recently started listening again, and have noticed the changes in the show that are so often discussed on this board. Two changes in particular are the use of the term, "the N word" (instead of the full word) and calling the Homo Room the Homosexual Room. I was wondering if Howard has ever actually talked about these changes on the air.

It seems that Howard has lost a lot of fans due to changes like the 2 ones mentioned above. To be honest, I agree that today's version of the show is a bit watered down, in comparison to the 1990's, but I still enjoy it. I find it sad that so many of Howard's fans have turned against him so strongly. In his defense, I will say this... One problem that I see with the new version of the show is there are not enough people on the air with Howard. Robin is OK, but has never been all that funny. Howard has always been at his funniest when he had funny people on the air with him (Billy West, Artie, Jackie, etc). Howard's collaborations with these people has created some true radio gold over the years. Regarding the obvious attempts at being more politically correct these days, I admit that I don't like it, but I think I get it. For one, Howard's getting older, and age does mellow most of us, even Howard Stern. Second, Howard fought the good fight for years, and it cost him a lot (fines, job terminations, his wife, etc). I'm sure that Sirius and America's Got Talent were part of his decision to make some of the changes that he's made to the show. As I said, I don't like the changes, but after 20+ years of fighting to give his audience a good show, I feel that Howard has earned the right to take it a little easier and make some money in the twilight years of his career. The show still has funny moments, and considering all of the laughs it's provided me over the years, I can settle for that... Just my 2 cents here.

My father (2005, RIP) had severe Depression. It was very difficult for him to find any happiness. He wasn't really a fan of Howard's, but he listened to the show despite that, because there were times when the it made him laugh so hard that he was able to get away from himself for a little while. I suppose I will always have an affinity for Howard because of this.

Not trying to change anyone's mind with thread. Just wanted to state my thoughts.

2. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    he lost most of his fans because he is a cock sucking, money hoarding, gold digger loving, wig wearing douche' bag who hasn't been funny in over 10 years

3. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    As someone who couldn't get the show till Sirius, listening to some older shows with Jackie, KC, Stuttering John, and others around in the studio (and having seen some of them on the E! shows on TV) I do agree that there are not enough people contributing to the show in-studio. Looking at old reruns on YouTube, you see John and Gary actually on the sofa contributing like on-air talent. Their "replacements" are strictly behind-the-scenes except for rare occasions when they're called in for brief appearances.

The old dynamic was that Howard was "one of the guys" even though he was the boss. His outlook was based on gaining their acceptance and approval to a certain degree. That dynamic is totally gone. The Artie years kept that up to a degree, but even he would lather up Howard's ass with fawning flattery that you just didn't see that much from John, KC, and that gang. Artie was a mixed bag, but he did serve as a representative of "real guys" in his outlook on life. Howard did seem to want his approval, so he kept the PC attitudes to a minimum for most of his tenure. When he was gone, the PC/star chasing gloves came off and there was no one left to mock him for it. Or rather, no one willing to.

Also the lectures/pontifications of recent years are tiresome and at times shockingly ignorant. In the past any rants were done more to be humorous and over-the-top, but now it's mostly embarrassing venting and vitriol and an old man lecturing others as if his opinion matters more because he's rich. He pontificates on topics he has below-average knowledge about just as easily as he would on the radio business.

I really do think going from a wife who knew him when he was just a young broke schulb to a trophy "girlfriend" he felt he had to put on a different persona for changed the show permanently. With his wife it was basically "take it or leave it" when it came to his attitudes, behaviors on-air, and political incorrectness. Now it's quite the opposite. He craves her approval and it shows. He openly speaks of wanting more celebritiy friends, and frets like a schoolgirl over whether or not someone in showbiz really likes him. That right there kills the show. Once you care what people think it inhibits the creativity and closes up the "honesty" factor that made his show different.

4. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    That's a big one. He's always lectured his staff, but it usually felt like a joke. For the last several years he lectures his fans and he's completely serious.

5. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    "make some money in his twilight years"
    What the fuck? He made over 50 million a year at K-Roc. He have raked in almost 2 billion!

The Sirius move showed what a scumbag Howard is. 5 days a week. No commercials. Revolution. Best programming ever.

The same day Howard cashed in his last bonus (the Merger bonus) he mentally quit his job. He have nothing to work for because money is the only thing that motivates him. Sirius was retards that didn't put in a ratings clause.

(And the merger. Just listen to Howard's bullshit. He started that he was not sure about the merger. Maybe its bad for him. But he knew all the time that he would get 28 millions! Same with commercials. He lied about no/minimal commercials. Its stated in Howard's contract that he gets a huge cut of the advertising money)

Then the lying. The censoring. Having 4 full time employees to censor old shows. A single episode of Master Tape theatre have over 50 edits on average! "revolution".

Artie. Howard never came clean about him. For month he lied that Artie was welcome back.

Robin. She have been home for a year soon. Nothing. Just lies.

Howard have full time employes working censoring Google and suspending Twitter accounts. I tweeted Howard 5 times in 3 days and got suspended on Twitter. "reputation.com"

Firing Jackie because Howard didn't want that Jackie would make 5% bonus on each new affiliate. Howard got 250K for each new affiliate and Jackie wanted 5%. Fired. ALL MARBLES TO HOWARD.
    And then Howard lectures JD and Sal. "Put away money". Fuck you Howard. You make in a minute more then they make in a year. Why not give them a bonus? No.. Instead a fucking party.

And last:
    "I piss on my fans"
    A direct quote from Howard. That is what he thinks about you. You are a Goyish for him. You are just a tool for Howard to make more money.

(PC Howard started in 2007. Moving to Hampton's. Star fucker. Wanting to be accepted. No N word. No Midget. No retard. No homo room. Champion of the homos. )

Howard made great radio. But it was never him. It was the people around him.
    Howard also turned me from an Israel lover to wanting put the jews into the oven (something that didn't happen during WW2. Just look at the Red Cross reports. Or the Jewish population counting by the jew themselves. There were MORE jews after the war in Europe then before)

6. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard to many of his older fans is a sell out. And nothing more than a closeted gay man

7. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    We're all just jealous of their love :giggle:

8. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

9. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Spot on analysis for the new guy on the forum. I'd recommend he reads through the last 20 pages of posts but I know he won't.

10. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:

:up:

:backlol:

11. Gluecifer

Gluecifer New Member

Reputations:
    To blame Howard's change on one particular event or happening would be a bit sophmoric. Here are the largest contributors to the Stern Show's downfall

- The Divorcing of Allison: Allison kept Howard's feet on the ground and his ego in check.

- Therapy: Too much nurturing & ego feeding going on. Howard used to have a sense of humor about himself. 90's Howard would always hang up on callers who would only call to kiss his ass. 00's Howard, the ass kissers are the only one's he'll talk to.

- Not resigning Jackie: besides writing outrageous and biting jokes and questions for Howard to say, he also kept Howard's ego in check. Howard resented it in a way, but ultimately it made the show funny. If you have ever heard the Stern show pre-jackie, it was sort of embarrassing.

- Hiring sycophants: Artie was too big of a fanboy of Howard's to really be effective in that role. He would just feed into Howard's ego, which made Howard just sort of sit back and revel in what he had done, rather than still try and do a good show. Also, the show had to adopt a sort of "We all love one another attitude" since Artie was too thin skinned for the job. When Artie first started, Howard or stuttering John would make a comment about Artie, and it would just shut him up for the entire show. To prevent that, they would keep their comments down to a minimum, and set a really bad precedent for the future.

- Howard's self-promotion: Howard is a bigger self-promoter and shill than Gene Simmons. The only difference is, Gene's a lot more upfront with it, while Howard is more subversive with it. Besides obvious things like his books, and movie. The first incident I could recall was when he was lobbying for a job as a late night talk show host back in the 90's. The shows became pretty much just him bad mouthing any late night host he could think of bashing. Conan, Tom Snyder, Larry King, even Leno and letterman recieved bad mouthings on a daily basis. It never materialized, and it wasn't really unfunny so no one really paid it any mind. But then came the 00's, and reality talent shows became all the rage. And Howard wanted in. So every fucking show became a recap of American Idol, dancing with teh stars, etc...

12. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    This really sums up alot of it. I also find that Howard has become very politically different. He used to be friends with Al DeMato and others that he would bring up occasionally. He was very pro-police and anti-criminal. Now, he seems to be just totally Anti-American and Anti-Christian with snarky little comments every day, and he still has his cackling hyenia to seemingly back up his bullshit. I think alot of this has to do with his NBC gig. No more saying anything against Ellen, Rosie, etc. At this time in his life and at Sirius he has more freedom than he ever had in his radio career, yet he won't do anything to piss off his liberal hollywood and hampton crowd.

13. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    Welcome!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and opinions.

I believe you're romanticizing things a bit. Howard isn't "mellowing"; he's "pussy-ing". It's not the same thing. He should be mending fences, not building a 50-foot wall to keep everything funny and/or interesting out.

He should be "grooming" talent, not underpaying and censoring, and if that fails, firing them.

Why no Jackie visits? Why no Artie visits? Why no Billy visits?

Why no anybody funny visits?

Where are Richard and Sal?

Where's the fun?

There's absolutely no "hang out" vibe to the show. It's turned into the "dreary cock and money questions while Howard tries to make the guest miserable" show.

Howard is the opposite of mellowing; he's getting more and more uptight, censoring the show like never before, and demanding more and more of the money and credit-pie, as well as the attention, while the skills required to get and keep peoples' attention shrinks exponentially.

It's over, Johnny. Somebody just needs to tell him.

14. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You can't be that stoopid?
    Can you?

I guess the People that I have spoken with that WATCHED their Family and Friends get taken away while in the "camps"... are just "making things up". :facepalm:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  15. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    He's a rabid, racist, anti-semite. :coffee:

16. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard was going to retire and said the money was not the motive to move his show to Sirius as he was already loaded. The primary reason Howard says he came to Sirius for was to be a part of something groundbreaking that will change radio forever. No more censorship No more bullshit. Rebel Rebel.

17. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
    [​IMG]