Has the podcast turned

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by jonmac20, Sep 21, 2015.

1. jonmac20

jonmac20 Active Member

Reputations:
    Last week has been great . Constantly over 2 hours Artie is mostly honest and not being a pussy .

2. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He's still not getting my money.

3. jonmac20

jonmac20 Active Member

Reputations:
    I have a soft spot for the heroin addict . Nick and Artie show was the last show I truly had to listen too

Horrorillogium likes this.
  4. bababooey2uall

bababooey2uall New Member

Reputations:
    I subscribed to Artie's podcast on Day 1 and listened for the first month or two, but then his crappy website booted me off because of a billing error and after multiple emails to fix it, I finally gave up. I even tried to sign up from scratch and it didn't work.

But I just signed up again after seeing this thread and looking forward to hearing some new shows.

5. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    lol

6. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good for Artie. I moved on.

7. Fart Nose

Fart Nose Member

Reputations:
    I won't subscribe until he stops describing middling talents as "legendary" just because they've had paying gigs for 15 years.

Okay that's not the real reason, but it was always mega annoying when he would do that since it'd come off as completely phony with that voice he uses while saying it. I love Greg Fitzsimmons, but calling him legendary is watering down the word and is part of what made Artie and his amazing stories hard to believe after a while. I listened to yesterday's show and he called Richard Roeper "iconic". Uh.

That said, still Team Artie in this whole dust up.

killallposers likes this.
  8. Howard Stork

Howard Stork "Big Nosed and Jewish"

Reputations:
    1337.gif

9. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Active Member

Reputations:
    For those that enjoy having access to some audio when they are going about their days, I highly recommend you subscribe to this podcast. The characters and the dynamics between the characters really grow on you. Artie never seems to just mail it in, and when he's depressed it's even more entertaining because it gets more real.

inlimbo76 likes this.
  10. JRoyle411

JRoyle411 I want to live in a hamburger bun.

Reputations:
    Have you been a subscriber since the beginning??? Because honestly, he mails it in a lot. I mean shit, there are shows where he just gets up and disappears for a half hour....leaving the likes of Edgar Winter......er I mean Sue Costello rambling about how hawd it is out there for huh and how many compliments she gets on her one woman show.

The show has been better the last few weeks....yes i will give you that.....but to say that he doesn't mail it in is just asinine.

Night Ape, kev and Horrorillogium like this.
  11. Nowhere Man

Reputations:
    His banter with Sue seems intentionally slow because she's that type of observational comic. She's not capable of throwing in a quick punchline over and over. It does seem to have some boring moments from time to time, but I wouldn't say he mails it in on any continuous basis.

Artie does seem to have found his groove over the last few months. So much that Joe Matarese, an original on-air contributor to the podcast, asked to return. The clip where they played the black dude with fireworks and originally told Artie that it was JPP was classic. Then Artie was sharp enough to play it alongside the Hindenburg audio and set it up as if this was the first assignment of a black reporter.

And he is doing what Adam Carolla has done in that he'll utilize the podcast for live events such as when he was up in Montreal. We get a more realistic glimpse into the Baby Gorilla's life than any time he was on the Stern Show.

12. JRoyle411

Reputations:
    I just.....I don't......you must work with Art? Or are you Art? seems way to literate for that. Are you Dan?

The only way I can explain what you are saying is that you have to be somehow involved with the show. The "JPP" fireworks tape was funny the first time........but then he was so "sharp" as to play the fucking thing 400 times after that. And don't speak of Matarese as if he is the second coming of Rodney Dangerfield.....he has as much personality as a wet mop.....honestly a large number of us would have been happier if he had just stayed home......and taken Cotton and Sue with him.

There have been moments.....great shows here and there.....and I have laughed......but Art does mail it in....a lot. I get it.....the podcast has always felt more like a cash grab to me.....and that's fine. Even in small doses....I enjoy those rare moments when he is on......the rest of the time it's the same old jokes and the incoherent ramblings of the majority of other "comics" and I use that term lightly.....who were able to make their way out to Hoboken that day.

Nowhere Man and kev like this.
  13. Nowhere Man

Reputations:
    The times where he seems completely disillusioned and semi-depressed might seem like he doesn't want to be there but these are the most realistic moments in Artie's life. He readily admits that he's practically out of show-biz and even doesn't have long to live in his life. This introspective but also realistic view of his life, such as the time he said that as boring as his podcast might be, it's more interesting than his actual life, is more real than anything on the Stern show (other than Hanzi).

The slow moments where it's just him and his roommate/producer Dan on a Sunday trying to fill enough time to post a podcast are more entertaining than anything else. The random people that knock on the door to fix something in the apartment (Dan seems to know who they are whereas Artie has no clue) and when someone calls Artie mid-sentence are the best moments.

I agree that Cotton is awful. When he was on stage in Montreal with Howie Mandell was great- all Cotton could muster was a plug for his Circle City (sp?) comedy, and that was it. Then during the next podcast, Artie got real and wondered out loud why he took the time to bring Cotton to the comedy festival in Canada and screamed that he was thinking at the time- "Please say something funny!"

Napoleon V and bababooey2uall like this.
  14. bababooey2uall

bababooey2uall New Member

Reputations:
    I am listening to the show from yesterday when he was talking a lot about Howard and I'm just struck by how intelligent Artie is. And I mean that from a purely IQ perspective. He has the intellect to think through the entire situation and also see things from others' perspectives and you need a working brain to do that so well.

Shady_Jake and Nowhere Man like this.
  15. jonmac20

jonmac20 Active Member

Reputations:
    3 hour pod today . When did Artie get work ethic . Well I hope it works for him

16. Horrorillogium

Horrorillogium Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What's up Flippin

JRoyle411 and Nowhere Man like this.
  17. Nowhere Man

Reputations:
    For those of you that are on the fence, I highly recommend you subscribing to the podcast. It's only $6.95/mo.

Awhile back, one fella tweeted to Artie that he subscribed but was going to cancel because the price was a bit "too steep". This prompted Artie to go into a rage. These are the real moments that you'll get on the show. No filters. You'll enjoy the dynamics between the comedians that are regulars on the show. This Geno Bisconte seems to get under everyone's nerves. Mike Bocchetti got a crush on another regular, Stacey Prussman, but he's getting nowhere. They all clowned on Mike the other day because it was revealed that his mom dyes his hair on a regular basis. I really enjoy when Artie tries to corner Geno into admitting that he's not successful and that he's unhappy. Geno lives with 6 roommates in Harlem but insists that he's a happy person. Artie readily admits that he's not at a good point in his career and that he's not in a good place mentally.

18. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Having Bocchetti and Bisconte as regulars are not reasons to subscribe. I heard enough of them on the DirecTV show which I didn't have to pay for.

JRoyle411 likes this.
  19. Ninjafish

Ninjafish Member

Reputations:
    What does he talk about when he's not talking about Howard? I just feel like most of the time he would be talking about sports. That's why I didn't listen much of the time to Artie & Nick. I also can't stand the people he has on the show. If he had John and Gilbert on as regulars, I would pay $100 a month.

I love Artie and if he wasn't a millionaire, I'd sign up just to support him even if I didn't listen. But I don't think my $6 a month would really make a difference in a millionaire's life. I could probably make more use that $6 than he could.

20. JRoyle411

Reputations:
    Seriously.....you must be a part of the podcast. Who are you??? My bet is Dan.