Has the Tapes Team been fired?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Rob0729, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I listened to the beginning of Mammory Lane today and it is clearly a repeat of a show circa 2007-2008. Grover does the intro and he hasn't been with the Stern Show for probably 5-6 years or more. When Gary and Jon talk about JD losing his virginity in 2006, Gary said that he didn't realize it was that recent although it was eight and a half years ago.

I know Howard is going to have about 5 weeks off in the next two months, but they can't get the Tapes Team pull together enough for five weeks of "Best of" especially since Fridays are bound to be "Best of the Week".

I know we are never going to see "The History of Howard Stern" for the Beth years. But I figured they could at least put together new "best Of"s . Scott used to do it at K-Rock. It can't be that hard.

2. guruhugz

guruhugz Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard Stern is a liar and a thief. Nothing new.

Wiggy will have fired them to get their money and then lie by pretending they are still there.

3. Captain

Captain Alto, Blanco y Guapo Gold

Reputations:
    Why would they need a tapes team? Recycling the same ten bits from yesteryear could be done by a chimp. ('Cause, you know, Howard is saving the other pre-eh-eh-eh episodes for some big pay day release once his contract with eh-eh-eh expires.)

4. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If they're gone Wiggy will never admit it. Just like he claimed last year that HowardTV would be back soon with a "new approach" that was "not ready to be announced".

5. ItsAWholeThing

ItsAWholeThing Well-Known Member

Reputations:

they're around

6. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    i liked Grover's songs. :(

reno likes this.
  7. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why would you fire people that work for free?

NotMyBro likes this.
  8. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    negged

Tr000otgr and TheWonk like this.
  9. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Some of the theme weeks in the early Sirius years we excellent, the spotlights on Jackie, Billy and Stuttering John in particular, but like everything else it's all been downhill since. As the show declined and got more PC, we got "Sports Week", the awful "Music Of Stern" specials and other drivel. At this point any special would be sanitized shit, "Howard Stern - Gay Rights Advocate" or "Best of Kittens" so maybe losing the tapes team is a good thing.

10. EvolvedMarbles

EvolvedMarbles Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Did the Grover intro hit on the specific bits aired? That'd make me think obvious repeat of an earlier Mammary Lane.

Or was it just a general Grover intro?

If it's the latter, it fits well with the way the show operates anymore. Be it new Mammary Lane bits strung together or not, why put ANY EFFORT into an intro when an intro is on the shelf already?

Crazy Marcus likes this.
  11. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If the Tapes Team hasn't been fired it means they haven't gotten enough requests from listeners to put together a new Mammary Lane. How can that be possible with the MILLIONS of fans he claims to have?

12. Bethstampon

Bethstampon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Tim and Brian are working on it as well as other key "Programs and Initiatives" this Summer to make sure we have quality entertainment for our subscription dollars:

[​IMG]

XaltedSmoke and WillyBest like this.
  13. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    I remember listening to a clip of that. Wiggy never mentioned that the crew some who had been with him for decades were let go. He went on to say that HowardTV was being repackaged for a relaunch in the next couple of months and the new service will be accesible to a much wider audience.

14. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    LOL at anyone who still pays for this shit. Hell, still LISTENS to this shit.

15. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think he got a real wake-up call these last 6 months. I think Howard actually believe(d) his own BS. That he was listened to by 20 mil, etc. I bet he was sure Netflix, etc would be dying for HowardTV. He assumed SOMEONE would take him up on his offer so he made those statements. But just like the birthday show, not a single company was interested.

Tr000otgr likes this.
  16. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Here's the quote from the newspaper article in December about the demise of HowardTV:
    Stern has said little about the move, noting on the air last fall that iN Demand would be replaced by a “new approach.” But he said that change was “not ready to be announced.”

Here's Howard's response:
    Howard said he read Don Kaplan's column in the NY Daily News yesterday. Howard said he was saying he loves Howard TV and he wants a new home for it. Howard told him not to worry about it. Howard said they finish up on On Demand in January. Howard said he promises that there are a lot of people who want to put it on.

17. Bethstampon

Bethstampon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

18. zerokarma

zerokarma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was always surprised how large of a staff that the Howard Stern show had considering how little the show is actually on the air, seeing those yearly staff photos it just looked like it was a hugely bloated operation, what could all these people be possibly doing all the time to keep them occupied? Tapes team and the News Department should have been fired long ago.

Alisonsbankacct likes this.
  19. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    oh they're around...:rolleyes:

Bye You! likes this.
  20. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Know More Bullshit

reno and RonHeinzkaboot like this.