Hate The Donut, Don't Hate The Fatty! Plus Size Woman Slams Ariana Grande For Fat Shaming Rant…..

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by teehee, Jul 22, 2015.

1. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    'Hate the donut, don't hate the fatty!' Plus-size woman slams Ariana Grande for turning her donut-licking apology into a hypocritical, fat-shaming rant
    • Meghan Tonjes, 29, says that Ariana's initial apology - in which she spoke about obesity in America - made her angry
    • She notes that it's unfair to criticize fat people for eating donuts when she herself was buying them
    • Meghan points out that you can't know a person's diet solely based on their appearance, noting people are often surprised at how little she eats
    e popular plus-size YouTube star is speaking out about popstar Ariana Grande’s donut-licking incident, to point out the hypocracy of the star's 'I hate America' rant.

Meghan Tonjes, 29, thinks it's pretty sanctimonious of the 22-year-old Love Me Harder singer to rail against obesity in America, when she herself was at a donut shop, as it implies that it's only OK for thin people to eat fattening food.:grad:

'I promise that if we could look at every person and see exactly what their diet was all of the time and judge them based on that, people would just act a lot differently,' she says in one of her latest YouTube videos.:grad:

[​IMG]

Not fair: Meghan said that if she eats pizza at 300lbs, she is considered disgusting, but if a 120lb-girl eats pizza, she's cute:grad:

[​IMG]

Two weeks ago, Ariana visited a now-infamous California bakery, and began licking donuts with no intention of buying them. When a store employee brought out another tray of baked goods, the singer proclaimed: 'I hate Americans. I hate America.':no:

After receiving backlash for both the unhygienic display and her harsh words, Ariana took to YouTube to apologize. But many people believed that her first apology - in which she discussed her frustration with the country's childhood obesity rates - shifted focus and blame, instead of demonstrating that she was taking responsibility for her actions.:grad:

'If I were 120lbs eating a pizza in my underwear on Tumblr, I would be quirky and cute and real,' Meghan says. 'But if I'm 300lbs and I'm eating pizza in my underwear, people are like: "You're killing yourself", "You're disgusting", "You're everything that's wrong with America".':grad:
    Meghan insists that she doesn't hate Ariana - in fact, she accepted her second apology,:thumbup2: which also expressed regret for getting on a soap box during her first apology.

But she does think that the way the star redirected the conversation to talk about obesity in America didn't just serve to distract people from the fact that 'she licked some donuts, and that's f***ing gross', her words were also hurtful because of how they play into the greater misconception that only fat people eat unhealthily - especially because Ariana herself was buying donuts that day.

The YouTuber said that many of her friends and family members have even remarked in surprise that she doesn't actually eat that much, saying things like: 'You look like that, but you don't eat like that.':dontknow:

'People are shocked that someone who looks like me doesn't sit all day on the couch and eat pizza,' she says. 'And you know what? Sometimes I do, because sometimes everybody does! We live in a culture that glorifies food, but that we hate the people that we believe are representative of that sinful desire for food.'

Meghan goes on to say that she even agrees that Ariana made a good point about the food industry, and there should be a conversation about food and health in this country - but it shouldn't focus solely on overweight people.

[​IMG]

'If we want to sit here and believe that it's just the fat people in America who are doing this, it's not,' she says. 'And I'm living it, and I have direct experience with how people look at me and how people treat me based on what they think I eat. And defining my worth by that. And then using me as an example of everything that's wrong with the world.':grad:

She explains that you can't possibly know how much or how healthily a person eats just by looking at them. Plenty of thin people eat poorly, but the difference, she says, is that if you're thin, 'people don't know that you went and got a quarter pounder. But people look at me and assume I ate four this morning for breakfast.

'At the end of the day, I'm the only one who knows what I eat,' she continues. 'I wish people remembered that fat people are people.':grad:

And on that note, she drives home the point that while the prevalence of fattening food might be a problem, fat people aren't the only ones eating it: 'You can hate the donut, but you don't have to hate the fatty .':happyno:

ARM and smichal like this.
  2. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

But I LOVE THE DONUTS…….:boohoo:

ARM, AmishGirl, BrulesRules and 10 others like this.
  3. DTF296

DTF296 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  4. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Fatso's making excuses.

5. sz1122

sz1122 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The Real breakfast of champions

ARM, Shortwave98 and Notfunorfunny like this.
  6. johnfreeman1

johnfreeman1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    waaaah tell it walking. Ariana looks nice in that dress btw

AmishGirl likes this.
  7. bznick

bznick Hustling, Flowing, and Hating! Gold

Reputations:
    Fat shaming..... WHAT. THE. FUCK!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:
    Just stop being fat.

Problem solved.

Ganggreen87 likes this.
  9. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    Here they only ever sell cold KK donuts. they're disgusting.

BethSucks and Shortwave98 like this.
  10. Lester

Lester Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What the fuck is fat shaming ? You are morbidly obese, unhealthy and are costing all,of our insurance rates to rise. Why is ok to pick on smokers but not big fatsos?

HooHoo, AmishGirl and reno like this.
  11. Outoftune

Outoftune Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Despite her being a obese whining maggot (even though i'd probably still do her) she actually turns out to be pretty talented on guitar and vocals..

RobotsVsMonsters likes this.
  12. vaporizer

vaporizer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Look, the fact of the matter is this:

1) the fat girl needs to shut her yap which apparently she has a very hard time doing. it's the worst kind of 2 lane highway ever - won't shut up AND eats too much
    2) i want to fuck Arianna Grande in the ass VERY hard because she is most definitely a cunt and deserves it TWICE
    3) i would NEVER fuck the other girl in the ass because i'd be afraid of the crude oil mess i'd pull out on my dip stick. fuck that (but not literally).

Everyone is always looking for 15 minutes. Social media is the worst and can someone get her up on a treadmill please?

AmishGirl likes this.
  13. Bs100

Bs100 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It is always so odd when the obese tell you how little they eat. I promise you if you chained Grande and this biggun together- the biggun WOULD BE SHOCKED at how little grande eats. A friend from high school I lived with for a time blamed being overweight on genetics and said he didnt eat much more than I did- but when we lived together- I pointed out how much different we ate- It is like some Obese don't understand what is a normal amount to eat during a day

AmishGirl likes this.
  14. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    some people can eat what they want and gain no weight
    this broad ain't one of them

life ain't fair--never was--never will be

15. Wangold

Wangold Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If obesity is "glandular,'" why do so many patients and Doctors elect to do gastric bypass surgery?

I guess these 600 lb people NEVER over eat! :coffee:

16. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits VIP

Reputations:
    It's the donut's fault that she doesn't exercise or show any self constraint or will power :hhh:

BethSucks likes this.
  17. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    :giggle:

Shortwave98 likes this.
  18. Barton Fink

Barton Fink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Not fair: Meghan said that if she eats pizza at 300lbs, she is considered disgusting, but if a 120lb-girl eats pizza, she's cute"

that's the way it works, fatty!

HooHoo and AmishGirl like this.
  19. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits VIP

Reputations:
    The difference is the 120lb girl eats one slice and the 300lb girl eats a whole pizza.

AmishGirl and BethSucks like this.
  20. RobotsVsMonsters

RobotsVsMonsters Semi-lurker since 2008

Reputations:
    "You fat pile of whale shit"

- yucko