Sports Have you ever attended the Super Bowl or the deciding game of the Stanley Cup Finals ?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Whipping Post, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Whipping Post

Whipping Post VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The best I've got is
    The Kings vs Oilers
    The Kings vs Blues
    Both in the first round, both losses.

SalsMasterShake likes this.
  2. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    I've been to 5 Grey Cups (Canadian Football League's championship games), a bunch of college football bowl games (Fiesta Bowls, primarily) & 1 World Series game (Game 6, Diamondbacks vs Yankees in '01)

GLguygardner and Whipping Post like this.
  3. Whipping Post

Reputations:
    Which was the most exciting Grey Cup game ? Who played and who won ?

4. ljc

ljc fish sucks on the stick Gold

Reputations:
    Larry inc. gets invited to every huge event because if Larry inc. is not there it's just another event.
    @LawyerLarry will be singing the national anthem at the Larry bowl if he see's fit to.
    @ClintDagger sits in the clubhouse at Augusta every year for the masters and has 4 green jackets.
    @tradioguy69 was in the corner for every fight of money mayweathers career and spares with every great heavyweight .
    @MrPPV managed the past two world series champs but the news wont tell you that.
    @ShutUpSitDown has won the volvo ocean race numerous times.
    @EDDIEVRULZ has been to every major college campus in the us and has never lost at beer pong.
    Larry inc. has been there and already done that.

5. Whipping Post

Reputations:
    Fucking awesome !

ShutUpSitDown and ljc like this.
  6. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes I was in New Orleans a couple years ago to see the Ravens win the Super Bowl and in Tampa in 2000 to see the first championship.

Also went to the Orange Bowl to my Maryland Terps get destroyed by the Florida Gators

7. SalsMasterShake

Reputations:
    '09 Grey Cup, Montreal Alouettes vs Saskatchewan Roughriders in Calgary, Alberta.

Hardly any Alouettes fans seemed to be there, and the team was getting handled pretty much the whole game, yet the Als kept hanging around, and the Riders couldn't put them away.

Montreal wound up winning on a 2nd attempt FG (1st one missed) after Saskatchewan was penalized for too many men on the field, as I recall.

My son and a buddy of mine made the trip. We froze our asses off, literally, on the cold, metal, temporary stands they put up, but it was a good time!

8. Whipping Post

Reputations:
    Cool ! We're you rooting for the Ravens ?

9. playitagainfred

playitagainfred Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    best I can do is a bunch of college bowl games, ncaa tournament and nba playoff games and a final four

Whipping Post likes this.
  10. Whipping Post

Reputations:
    What was the final game ?

11. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yup, Baltimore born and sadly still here

12. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    I went to Super Bowl XXX in Tempe. Can't believe it was 20 years ago. I'm a Steeler fan. It was the first time they lost a Super Bowl. 6-2 now. It was a good time, other than the score and the fact that it was at Sun Devil stadium where they had nothing but bleacher (bench style) seating. We were on the 40 yd line, squeezed into bleachers.

13. SalsMasterShake

Reputations:
    I was in the Oakland-Alameda Coliseum for the '00 AFC Championship game. Man, that game SUCKED.

After Siragusa crushed Gannon and knocked him out of the game, my Raiders were done. I remember that little flick pass over the middle that Shannon Sharpe ran in for a TD (on 3rd down, DEEP into Raven's territory) - you literally could have heard a pin drop.

14. bossofbam

bossofbam Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Unless you're seeing your team win, going to the Super Bowl always seemed like something that was much better in theory than practice.

Mulletude and Whipping Post like this.
  15. playitagainfred

playitagainfred Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    the Memphis-Kansas final and North Carolina-Kansas & Memphis-UCLA semi-final

16. Whipping Post

Reputations:
    Agreed. It might be more enjoyable just to watch the game. Take in the atmosphere and whatnot.

17. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    I know a guy who went to a Superbowl :dontknow:

18. josephJ

josephJ Active Member

Reputations:
    Went super bowl 43. Steelers vd cardinals. Didn't have to pay for tickets or hotel, this was the recession bowl. Great time but would never pay the money most do to see the game. Also game seven 1994 Rangers win the Cup!

19. Hamster

Hamster Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was an invited guest to SuperBowl 27 in Pasadena Cowboys vs. Bills 1993. I am a Cowboy fan so it was a huge deal for me. I worked for a large retail chain at the time and one of the vendors was a sponsor and took great care of us - plane ride, hotel, game tickets, official parties, you name it.

There was an NFL party the night before with more food and dop shelv ligga than I had ever seen in my life. I was so worried about missing the official bus the next morning that I held back.

Then there was a big tailgate party pre game with more food and booze and celebs. Jay Leno was just walking around talking with people. I chatted with Roger Staubach in the food line. I was a huge fan of Meet The Press and chatted with Tim Russert in the beer line. He was a huge Bills fan but we had a nice chat and clinked glasses and wished each other good luck. Classy guy. RIP.

Michael Jackson was the halftime show. Cowboys won big. Had to take the red eye home that night from LAX so again couldn't really celebrate.

One month later my wife found out she was pregnant with our first.... kid is 22 now and we tease her and call her the SuperBowl baby.

20. Whipping Post

Reputations:

Did you get emotional ? I cried when the Kings won their first Cup. When Brownie passed the Cup to Willie Mitchell, man that was the best feeling ever. Only on TV, but still

Anthony223 likes this.