Have you ever called 911? And what for?

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by La Flama Blanca, Apr 11, 2012.

1. La Flama Blanca

La Flama Blanca Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I only had to call one time for a house that was on fire near our job.

A buddy of mine lives next to a family where the husband beats the shit out of his
    wife once a month.

Anyone got that kind of drama?

2. doughhead63

doughhead63 OD'd on life itself Staff Member

Reputations:
    Keen thread idea...

3. DrivenByDemons

DrivenByDemons Spinoff Jesus Staff Member

Reputations:
    911 is a joke

4. Ridic Too2

Ridic Too2 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I called one time when I locked my keys in the car.

5. FtM

FtM Starless & Bible Black Gold

Reputations:
    Last time I had to call it was because I was driving and a woman was with her man (who was an immigrant) and she was having a seizure on the side of the road.

(I probably have around 5 times where I've had to contact some sort of emergency services or law enforcement.)

6. Slippy

Slippy Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Twice. Once when my neighbor's fire alarm was going off and nobody was home, and once for domestic abuse.

The response time was excellent in both scenarios.

7. Ridic Too2

Ridic Too2 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    How many times has someone had to call 911 because of you?

8. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Saw an oil truck rear end another truck and they both exploded right in front of me as I was driving in the other direction. God, the heat that gave off...

I totally lost my cool and was in a panic when I called 911.

4 people died.

9. DrivenByDemons

DrivenByDemons Spinoff Jesus Staff Member

Reputations:
    I put the O/U at 4

10. Slippy

Reputations:
    Never.

11. beatlejaws

beatlejaws nowhere poster

Reputations:
    one time at mcdonald's they didn't put pickles on my cheeseburger

12. Slippy

Reputations:
    I hope they brought the jaws of life.

13. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes.
    But it's a long ass story, children.

When we lived in Memphis the guy who owned the house next door couldn't sell it so he rented it out to a zebra couple.
    The black guy seemed pretty nice. Young dude. The white woman was older, fatter, and nastier than Jeff the Drunk's funky asshole.

One night we heard them fighting from our upstair's office windows.
    It was loud.
    I went over and looked out the window which looked down into their bedroom and den windows and I could see them both running back & forth hitting each other.
    She'd hit him and then he'd slap at her.
    It was nuts.
    It was Memphis- what can I say?

So... about 1 in the morning, we're still up doing our thing.
    We'd just turned off the music for the night and were preparing to go to bed when I hear the door-bell ring. I go downstairs and it's the cops. There's 2 cop cars and they've got their blue lights flashing.
    I figure they're there inquiring about the neighbors next door fighting.
    But no... they say they got a 911 call and it sounded like a domestic disturbance but the person who had the dispatcher on the line had hung up.
    They'd tracked the phone to our address.

I told 'em ain't nothing happening here.
    My wife came halfway down the stairs to see what was going on. Cop wanted her to come all the way downstairs to see if she was ok. Flashing a light in her face to see if she's got any marks... see if I'd been slapping her around or something, I guess.
    Both of us were shocked. Told 'em -hey, we aren't fighting and no one here called 911.
    My wife said "are you sure it came from this house? Because the folks next door were carrying on and were really loud... we have a shared driveway... maybe it was them..."
    The cop said, "I don't know. Doesn't look like anyone's home over there..."
    And I look out across the way and all the lights are turned off over there.
    The cops apologize for disturbing us and then they leave.
    We were both kind of weirded out.
    I was just glad I hadn't been burning any bud.

About a half hour after the cops left, we started hearing all this fucking noise from next door again. We look out the office window and all the lights are back on over there and the zebra duo are back at it... fighting. Running from room to room and hitting each other & that kind of crazy shit.

So we called 911. Told 'em, hey the police were just over here checking on a domestic disturbance call about a half hour ago. Yeah, well we think we've found the source of the call.
    It's the people next door.
    When you guys show back up, don't turn on your blue lights, keep it quiet and walk up the drive between our houses and you can see through their windows. They're beating the hell out of each other.

Sure enough the cops show back up, dispatcher keeps my wife on the phone and has her describe which windows to check out and ...so the cops wound up busting the poor black dude and taking him downtown.

And that's the only time I've ever called 911.

Except for the time I was in my truck at a red light at 9:30 in the morning and a drunk black guy rear-ended me and then took off.
    That was in Memphis, too.

Memphis- the action town.

14. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    a few times, the most traumatic was when was a teenager I was hanging out in my parent's room. We lived on the beach and I heard someone screaming for help, I saw a kid going under the water over and over. I called the police (it was so long ago it wasn't 911)

By the time help arrived an off duty lifeguard had already dragged the kid to shore, but he died.

15. walleye

walleye Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I have. Two girls rolled there car into my woods. I answered the door with a laser sight pointed at them. It was 2am. Wife brought them in, helped them and ordered me to the garage. She let me come back in at 6

16. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well then that was an unncessary call, wasn't it?

17. Chigs

Chigs The finest in the Nation VIP

Reputations:
    Saw a motorcycle accident one time, and had to call

18. deidler

deidler New Member

Reputations:
    twice.
    Once as a child when I heard someone in my house. Came through with a dog but didn't find anyone but the sliding glass door to the balcony was open. And once for my boy when he was little.

He was choking on some cheerios. I couldn't get them out and he started to turn blue. I got them out before the paramedics got there. They looked in his throat and said he was fine. He was still a mess and kept grabbing at his throat. They assured me it was probably just sore. I couldn't take it and took him to our pediatrician. I just drove there and they were like you really need an appointment. But, they saw him anyway. Our pediatrician wasn't there but one of the Doctors saw him. Said the same thing. After a couple of days he got worse and had a fever and refused to eat. Called my pediatrician and she said take him to the ER and she would call an ENT doctor to scope him. Got there and then the hot shot Peds Dr. said no need. He's fine and it was a waste of time. He just had some virus and the pain was from the trauma to his throat. I said I wasn't leaving till I saw the ENT. He told me it wasn't necessary again and that I should be leaving. I asked for the supervisor and the ENT had made his way down. He scoped him and found one of those long stickers that say the size on a brand new shirt or shorts. It was folded up in thirds and was standing up. At any point it could have went flat and that may have been all she wrote. Especially if it had happened when he was sleeping. I was ready to hurt a lot of people. Then the guilt set in that I somehow missed this sticker on the floor somewhere and could have killed my child. They took him to surgery and removed the sticker. It was quite the rollercoaster.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  19. deidler

deidler New Member

Reputations:
    I know. Don't know why it changed. :dontknow:

20. Slippy

Reputations:
    After the time that I called for my neighbor's house...........and a shitload of firefighters showed up.......I can't lie. I've wanted to again just to watch them in uniform being all manly and shit.

I won't........but damnit, I've thought about it.