have you ever worked in the food industry or known someone who has?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Dec 29, 2014.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have have had relatives and good friends that have worked in the food industry
    and here is a news flash for those who don't know...

if you are rude to the people handling your food.. you are going to eat someone spit, shit or piss...

I personally always say please and thank you at restaurants and at the drive-through no matter what...

my SO's mother is one of those people that always has to bitch about their order at restaurants..
    not only that she is super condescending about it and always makes them ' Fix " her order :facepalm:

... needless to say I do not eat out with her anymore because I know the guy making $8 an hour
    is going to salad fuck our food...

but anyway ... have you ever worked in the food industry ?

deadbeat, smichal and teehee like this.
  2. rolltide

rolltide Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Guilty as charged.

I had to work for a friend who owned a restaurant when there was a recession that affected my business, I didn't want to but I needed to pay my bills.

The answer is yes......I've spit in motherfuckers food when they treated people in the restaurant like shit.

To quote a very successful restauranteur...."don't fuck with the person that makes your food"

meanredhed, smichal, Birddog and 3 others like this.
  3. rabbigottfried

rabbigottfried Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Worked in restaurants as a part time when doing my Masters. Was always tempted to, didn't have the balls.

smichal and teehee like this.
  4. Swedish John

Swedish John I'm your huckleberry

Reputations:
    Knew a guy that sold items. The items were pretty appetizing. The items were really juicy. I always loved the items.

JessOnCrack likes this.
  5. Wonky Eye

Wonky Eye Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Worked at McDonalds back in high school. Saw many times people dropped food on the floor (meat patties, buns, nuggets, etc.) and just picked it up and used it like nothing happened. And this was in "normal" mode, not "getting even" mode. You'd have to be an idiot to complain before getting your food!

6. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Best friend in high school worked at Pizza Hut. He said they always picked up and served food dropped on the floor unless it had visible dirt, hair, etc.

7. Tranquil

Tranquil Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yea I worked at papa johns for a while, there were a lot of a-hole customers, but I never messed around with there food ever. I dunno something so wrong about doing that, even if they are assholes.

Pooh bear, smichal, reno and 4 others like this.
  8. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I worked for Dominos once and it sucked because you couldn't buy anything with them.

9. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Yep. I worked at dominoes. Same thing.

10. boomer1976

boomer1976 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    My wife is a cook. Non practicing now since we had the kids but she worked at some fancy restaurants. Bottom line, don't fuck with wait staff or cooks. They will make you pay. And it doesn't happen for minor offenses either due to the risks to the restaurants license, etc, but if you push enough, you will get a nasty surprise, that you may never know you got.

11. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    I waited tables during college and for a bit after. Always be nice to your waitstaff. I have seen some disgusting things. I have seen spitting on food, dropping something on purpose then putting it back on plate. I heard , can't confirm, one of the cooks handled his manmeat before he handled some womans food..Don't feel safe because in restrooms there is the obligatory Employees Must Wash Hands sign. I have seen nose picking, butt scratching chefs make meatballs without breaking a scratch..One of the girls that worked with me could fart on command, SBD's:giggle: and would give a walk away from table bomb to rude customers. She offered her service to any of us that got creeps..whatta gal.. i took her up on it once.

I am always nice to servers. Not just so my food does not get spit on, but because it is not an easy job. Most people were decent, but I got some major assholes, and a least one a shift..

12. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I've been with people who complain and send their food back back. I always look at their food to see if I see anything. Not that I could tell. I never send anything back. Too any stories about what could happen.

LaserT likes this.
  13. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    So if we complain about a problem with our meal (which I have maybe done, nicely, twice ever) I am risking my food being messed with? How about being a professional and like the rest of the employed world deal with problem clients/customers like an adult?

14. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    i was a busboy and a waiter. never once did i think of spitting on someone's food no matter how big a douche they were. i worked at expensive restaurants though so the customers and employees mostly acted like civilized people.

the gross subhumans who do such things should be beaten to death. :hat:

and no, i never send anything back, because low life scum are out there. :nooo:

15. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    It's not right, obviously, but I expect my food to have a little spittle flavoring if I complain.

Dorb and smichal like this.
  16. Jayla

Reputations:
    I worked in a fast food place when I was a teenager and never spit in anyone's food. I did, however, wish bad things on some ppl.

17. HorsetoothBeth

HorsetoothBeth Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I worked at McDonalds right out of high school. I never messed with people's food. If they were assholes, I'd just want them gone. I didn't want to take the chance they'd find my spit wad in their burger and come back.

smichal likes this.
  18. queerface

queerface Un-engaged Dyke Gold

Reputations:
    I worked at BK in college and always dealt with assholes, but never bothered their grub.

I live with someone now who treats wait staff like shit...to the point that I insist on ordering for her since she seems incapable of being decent to people. I always make it a point to tip big whenever I'm out with this slut.

19. Jayla

Reputations:
    :omg::giggle:

20. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations: