Hawaii tries to ban eating cats and dogs

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Mar 14, 2014.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    [h=1]Hawaii tries to ban eating cats and dogs[/h] By Associated Press
    March 14, 2014 | 11:30am

[​IMG][​IMG]

HONOLULU — Animal lovers in Hawaii packed a legislative hearing room Thursday with poodles and pugs, asking lawmakers to ban the practice of eating cats and dogs in the state.
    The House Committee on Agriculture later advanced SB 2026, a bill to ban the practice.
    The Humane Society of the United States says dog slaughter for human consumption is happening across Hawaii. The group receives at least two reports a year of dogs or cats being slaughtered for food, but it says it’s hard for law enforcement to catch animal slaughterers.
    “When we do get these reports of cases of dog or cat slaughter, unless they’re caught in the act, law enforcement is not able to really prosecute,†said Inga Gibson, Hawaii senior state director for the Humane Society, which pushed for the bill.
    Eating meat from cats and dogs is considered acceptable in other countries, including parts of Asia. And while many Americans eat pigs or cows, consuming meat from those animals is vilified elsewhere.
    The Oahu Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals said dogs and cats are considered members of many families.
    One woman, Sara Knaus, cradled a Pomeranian as she read a note that her son wrote to lawmakers.
    “I love my dog too much and all dogs should be loved, not eaten,†Knaus read. Dogs can help people with disabilities, she said, noting the letter was the first thing that her son, who has autism, had ever written.
    Dogs also sacrificed their lives for the country while working with the military, said Jane Shiraki, a Honolulu resident.
    “Dogs are people too, because they have the ability to experience emotions,†Shiraki said. “Please protect these animals.â€
    Rep. Romy Cachola emphasized that his family members have pets, but he questioned the need for a new law when one is already in place.
    “I cannot understand why we’re doing this,†Cachola said.
    Rep. Jessica Wooley, chairwoman of the House Agriculture Committee, said the bill tightens existing law.
    “There are cases every year, and they’re not able to prosecute fully because of the way the law is currently written,†Wooley said.
    The committee amended the bill to include all pets, not just cats and dogs. Cachola and Rep. Clift Tsuji voted against the measure, and several other lawmakers expressed reservations.

2. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Good Luck!

[​IMG]

3. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I guess anything roasted on a spit and served with Pineapple glaze tastes delicious.

4. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    [h=1]Sbarro Closing 155 "Fresh New York Pizza" Corporate Locations[/h]
    [​IMG]
    Things aren't looking so good for Sbarro's once ubiquitous mall pies: the corporation says they've closed 155 company-owned units across the continent. Guess that "Brooklyn" pizza was too hip for the Midwest, after all.

Sbarro's been struggling financially for the past few years and dangled dangerously close to going bankrupt after filing for such in 2011. Jonathan Dedmon, a spokesman for the company, tells us that slicing off a chunk of its over 800 eateries is part of its financial restructuring. Franchises will not be affected. "The action represents an important step towards improving the financial performance of the company and is designed to facilitate continued growth and investment in the brand," he said.
    So, really, closing all these Sbarros just means even more Sbarros may one day be birthed from the ashes of America's most glorious suburban shopping centers, giving you the opportunity to eat your "NY cheese slice" while shoplifting compact discs from Sam Goody and letting your babysitting earnings wreak havoc in the Polly Pocket aisle at K.B. Toys.

5. hillbilly

hillbilly Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The nerve of those assholes, I wonder if Obama ate cats and dogs during his time in Hawaii?

6. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Iced out Hawaiians gotta eat too, this legislation is bullshit.

7. NiggalissCage

NiggalissCage Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Frickin' ridiculous.

Where does anyone get off telling others what animal they can or cant eat?

8. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  9. danno

danno Member

Reputations:
    They can come and eat my wife's cat

10. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    2 reports a year?!?!

Well then, we should certainly waste time with legislation. It's the American way!

11. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If we really want foreigners to assimilate into the American culture, let's start with making English the official language first then pick apart the other bullshit that doesn't fit into our reality.:mad:

12. FishySausage

Reputations:
    The "official" language? What the hell does that even mean? If you live in America, everyone you deal with is going to be speaking English. Hell, if you live in A DIFFERENT country most of your dealings will be in English.
    You racist crybabies really are a piece of work. :nocheer:

13. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :facepalm:

14. TeeDonkey

TeeDonkey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Never worked construction have ya?

I do sense a bit of sarcasm though.

Foreigners assimilate lol! This country is doing everything it can to make things easier for the illegal ...oops sorry....the undocumented foreigners

15. FishySausage

Reputations:
    This is 100% correct. It's criminal that our govt isn't doing more to stem illegal immigration. Making English "the official" language would do nothing to stop this. All I'm saying

16. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    is she hot, or at least somewhat? if so, i'll eat her kitty.

17. Slippy

Slippy Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I'd cut all of you up and toss you on the grill, if I was hungry enough.

I'd feed part of you to my dog.

18. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    You've obviously never tried to get 150 bales of pine straw spread.

19. FishySausage

Reputations:
    So I guess you're not bothered enough by illegal immigration to not hire illegal immigrants?