Hawaii's Senate passes Steven Tyler Act celebrity privacy bill

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by FlaFlaFlunkie, Mar 7, 2013.

1. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    From news.yahoo.com

Question: is this constitutional?

I'm thinking about the use of drones to spy on people's backyards and arrest them for growing pot.

How is that legal and this isn't? Paparazzi are taking pictures of people on their property. The paparazzi can't do it but the government can?

2. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Here's the picture that got him amped up:

[​IMG]

3. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    its not like he's fucking a lobster. he's in a bathing suit. jeez. get ya man tits lazered off if you don't wanna be photographed poorly.

4. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    You can tell just by looking at him that he's got low testosterone.

5. Weed

Weed Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He should be more embarrassed about the pussified power ballad factory that his once great band has become than anything that a paparazzi could snap.

I wonder if he ever thought about asking Stern to photoshop away those man boobs for him...?

6. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The Senate bill seems too broad but at least they're devoting time and energy to a very important issue.

It looks like Tyler uses the same personal trainer as Howard.

7. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If your a man you have to be a real pussy to use Botox.

8. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I'm thinking once your behind privately owned doors/Gates especially on your own property you should expect some degree of privacy.....

9. Teeney

Teeney My friends call me Lissette Gold

Reputations:
    Stephen Sand Angel Now!

10. Gena

Gena Member

Reputations:
    HO-LEE-SHEEPSHIT!! Saggy droopy man titties, they kinda look like they are a floppin in the breeze.:gross::rofl::haha::puke:

11. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    But the cops can fly a drone over your home and bust you for growing pot plants? :cmon:

12. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Moved back to Stern forum

13. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    Cops can also put camera on your property without a warrant. http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...-cameras-on-private-property-without-warrant/

Using cops as a comparison is flawed, I think. Unfortunately many courts seem to believe that cops have unconstitutional powers that we don't.

This law seems exceptionally vague. The fact that it seems to protect only a certain group of people and appears to classify speech doesn't seem like it fits within the intent of the 1st Amendment. Should be interesting.

14. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Moobies

15. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    The more restrictions on people taking photographs and video of private citizens the better. You have no business invading someone's privacy because they are famous. If someone walks on a red carpet then snap away with your camera. If they are taking their family to the grocery store or the beach then prepare to get sued for all of your worth. Paparazzi are parasites and leeches who invade people's privacy and expose their personal affairs to get website clicks and sell tabloid magazines.

These same tabloid fucks whine and cry about bullying and cyberbullying and have this hypocritical garbage PSA campaigns about "stopping bullying" yet they have on problem getting three feet away from some kindergartener whose mom is famous and snapping away at her with a camera. It's sick. Mind your own fucking business.

I see no difference in invading celebrities personal lives and bullying them than I do with kids bullying someone in high school or adults doing it at the workplace. The tabloids take pleasure in outing people for being gay or having an affair. For spilling personal secrets just for sick pleasure. It's pathetic.

Tracy Morgan nearly loses his career over making a joke about 'fags' but the same tabloids who crucified him take tons of pleasure in outing celebrities for being gay and shame them for being closeted. It's sad. But hey...fuck these people because they are rich, right? Steven Tyler deserves no privacy at all because he's a celebrity, right?

If they want to walk on a red carpet or go on a talk show they are fair game. But their private lives off camera are no one's business.

16. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Exactly. So Steven Tyler's privacy is protected but mine isn't? That Hawaiian statute is unconstitutional. It's being done to promote commerce. Commerce, at the expense of the 1st Amendment. There goes another fucking Amendment.

17. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    I neither agree nor disagree with your argument. My problem, right now, before I even figure out how I feel about it, is the disparity between rich people, getting to get laws passed for them while the govt can do the same fucking thing for criminal prosecutions, and the additional problem of impeding the press.

Both the Hawaiian statute, as well as the drone/helicopter spying are wrong...but...

Hmmm. I need to noodle on it.

18. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Behind closed doors or behind a high fence is one thing but when you're on the beach or in open space you are now in public and subject to "viewing" by the public. There is no expectation of privacy when you're in plain sight.

19. BrerJimmy

BrerJimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Nice tits, grandma. You look like a pregnant orangutan.

20. BrerJimmy

BrerJimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The Hawaiian senate should pass a bill changing the name of "Big Ten Inch Record" to "4-and-a-Half Inches Hard".

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013