help me with a professional response

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by cetiya, Jul 16, 2015.

1. cetiya

cetiya Lunatic VIP

Reputations:
    I stopped smoking weed for two months a while back to try to find another job. This week I got two calls and an email from a place I applied for a couple months back but I gave up and started smoking again. I'd like to contact them somehow to let them know I got their message but need an excuse to say why I'm not looking right now. Just in case they get another job in a few months. I can try again. I don't want to ignore them, then ill have no chance at all!

smichal likes this.
  2. ElRexican

ElRexican Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I am very interested in the position but I am currently dealing with a family matter and won't be available until_____. May I contact you in ____ to see if any similar opportunities exist at that time....

:mexican:

3. cetiya

cetiya Lunatic VIP

Reputations:
    Hmm. That sounds pretty good, do you think it would work if I say I'm unavailable for a few months? It would take me around three months to get clean, found that out the last time I tried.

4. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The last three jobs I've gotten where I needed to be tested, I had a friend piss in a bottle of Poland spring and stuck it between my legs. Easy as can be. Never stopped smoking for a day.

HypocriteHowie and cetiya like this.
  5. cetiya

cetiya Lunatic VIP

Reputations:

I don't have anyone I can ask for clean pee and don't feel sneaky enough to get away with it! It's aggravating, I didn't expect to hear from anyone months after I applied.

babybear and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  6. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Really!!!! :spit:That's funny. I don't know anyone who would not have clean pee.

maroon, DuckDong, AmishGirl and 12 others like this.
  7. cetiya

cetiya Lunatic VIP

Reputations:

I know lots of people with clean pee but they are coworkers! Can't ask them!

PSU Shower Room and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  8. RONNIE THE CLAW

RONNIE THE CLAW Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    There is no good excuse. Go for the interview, stop smoking and chances are good it may take a few months when all the interviews are over and when you can actually start. If drug testing is part of the interview prior to being accepted and you are certain you will be found out, then just tell them you are staying put for the time being because you feel compelled to help your division/company that is going through a crisis.

9. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What is so painful about life that people have to be medicated all the time?...Sounds like a major pain in the ass

10. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
    Next time you do this, can you save the pee?

11. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
    This sounds good. Hard to believe that no one has invented a way for the signs to be gone quickly.

12. RONNIE THE CLAW

RONNIE THE CLAW Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Perhaps 1VegasGirl may be trying to help you read between the lines about the drug use and how it is impacting your life at least in this situation?

13. cetiya

cetiya Lunatic VIP

Reputations:

That might be a good idea but after 60 days with 5 hits, I was still positive! Next time ill make sure I'm clean before I apply for anything. I sent them an email with @eirexican suggestions. Told them I would have loved the job and when "things die down," the family matter, I would contact them again. Hope they don't hate me now.

Trophy Knife and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  14. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Come on... All you have to do is eat a salad before your test day, eat nothing in the morning and drink water. Lots of water.... Depending on your body weight, 3/4-1 gallon of water a few hours before the test=clean

cetiya likes this.
  15. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Lol@stoners

16. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Dear Sirs,

I am currently too busy getting high. When I sober up, I might be able to work for you 3 or 4 hours per day, but not if it's too sunny. And don't talk too loud in the morning because I get a lot of headaches before 2PM.

When do you process raises for new hires?

17. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    I just took a test for a job in a hospital. I was talking with the nurse about all the detection systems they have in place. They check your hands for something. I had to wash them in front of her before I peed, and not throw the paper towel out. They test the temperature of the pee right after you give it.

She said they also test for the OTC things you can get which claim they'll give you clean urine. It seems they're getting pretty smart.

OP, you don't like your job and want to leave. Just quit rather than go through this every time there's a posting.

18. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    They reject dilute urine

19. Tranquil

Tranquil Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A few months? If you stop smoking weed now in 30 days you can take a piss test and pass every time, likely you could take a piss test after 2 weeks and pass, but that depends on your body and how much you smoked.

20. cetiya

cetiya Lunatic VIP

Reputations:
    I have read a lot about the dilution method. It would only work if I knew exactly when they would test me. I'm kinda paranoid, gossip flies in this industry and I'd hate to blow it, test positive, and have my bosses here find out.