Hey Girls, NYPD Will No Longer Arrest You For Showing Titties in Public

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Diogenes1, May 19, 2013.

1. Diogenes1

Diogenes1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    so whip 'em out without impunity . . . :c

Now, if only the same rule applied here in the Lounge. :facepalm:

Topless Women in Public Not Breaking the Law, Says NYPD

Ladies of New York, you are free to walk bare-breasted through the city! New York City's 34,000 police officers have been instructedthat, should they encounter a woman in public who is shirtless but obeying the law, they should not arrest her. This is a good step towards gender parity in public spaces.

This decision means that breast exposure is not considered public lewdness, indecent exposure, or disorderly conduct. It also notes that, should a crowd form around a topless woman, the officer should instruct the crowd to disperse and then respond appropriately if it does not. Relative coverage is no longer a factor.

This policy shift comes after several years of litigation and protest. In the 1992 case People v.Ramona Santorelli and Mary Lou Schloss, the New York Court of Appeals ruled in favor of two women who were arrested with five others for exposing their breasts in a Rochester park, holding the law void as discriminatory. The ruling was put to the test in 2005, when Jill Coccaro bared her breasts on Delancey Street in New York, citing the 1992 decision, and was detained for twelve hours. She subsequently successfully sued the city for $29,000.

In 2007, Go Topless, a national organization supporting gender equality in shirtlessness laws, established Go Topless Day. Dozens of women protest – often topless – in thirty cities around the United States, promoting equal rights to be shirtless. Protests usually include chants of “Free your breasts. Free your minds” and a song “Let ‘em Breathe” to the tune of the Beatles’ “Let it Be.”

While some who have witnessed these events have suggested that "[t]his is extreme liberalism and why America’s in decline” or “t’s degrading to women,” others have been supportive. One man even said he would encourage his wife to join them.

Though bare-breasted women might shock the sensibilities of some in the public, it is encouraging to see the police responding positively to gender bias, even on such a seemingly small scale. After all, no one thinks twice about a man shirtless on a summer day. However, the female nipple or chest is still considered “lewd.” By reminding its officers of this, the NYPD is publicly declaring that it will no longer perpetuate unconstitutional gender discrimination, a standard to which all law enforcement should be held and a decision for which it should be applauded.

Footage of the protesters can be found here (NSFW)

[video=youtube_share;4JZ7s2LwJZo]http://youtu.be/4JZ7s2LwJZo[/video]

2. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    of course, as evidenced by the video, all the guys got to act like pervs with their cameras and cause the public disturbance that the cops ticketed the innocent woman for . . .

3. Lucky Pierre

Lucky Pierre Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wonder why us Americans can't handle topless women without acting like perverted, creepy sex offender adolescents.

Europe most of the beaches are topless and people act.... normal.

Here it's WW III

4. GHP

GHP New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    True equality will come when males can hang their balls out

5. Lucky Pierre

Reputations:
    BTW, these protestors are wasting their time, Republicans will never allow the laws to be changed

6. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    that is an old protest, they can now do it without being hassled by cops.

i think the problem now are the pervy guys with their iPhone cameras and lurkers with Google Glass.

7. Lucky Pierre

Reputations:

it's the classic forbidden fruit example

if you're a repressed, conservative religious type, you raise your kids to strictly avoid alcohol, nudity, cigarettes, etc. Once the child becomes a teenager, they rebel and want what they can't have.

If your child asks you for a sip of your wine and you say, "NO! NEVER! Wine is for adults only" you just guaranteed they will sneak alcohol repeatedly solely because of your order. Instead, if you said, "Sure have a sip...." the child would hate it and wouldn't want another drop. If you followed it up with, "do you want another one? are you sure?" (pushing the glass towards him) you just guaranteed they will act normal around alcohol when they become grow up.

Same shit with nudity, toplessness, etc.

8. Popeye Saavedra

Popeye Saavedra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Today, I'm proud to be an American. :salute:

9. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    the reason why women dont want this to become a natural way of living is it is a form of currency for them.

They can't lord their hidden breasts over desperate men. If they are out for all to see, they have no lure.

Cam whores wouldn't even have their $10.00 a night gig, nor strippers.

10. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Or shove them into burkhas like the Taliban.

The truth is, there is no sensible reason why women shouldn't be able to walk around with a shirt off, the same way men do.

The reason they can't is because of men: men who can't control themselves and men who wish to control women.

11. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    so basically, what you're saying is they're really nothing but whores who use their breasts as a way to get things from men, huh?

Very interesting insight there. :rolleye:

12. Gas Face

Gas Face Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    this is the bar. not the lounge.

13. Mack

Mack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    everybody loves tits

14. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    i support any woman who wants to walk topless on 5th ave in February here, if only for the entertainment value.

actually i really just don't care if anyone walks topless as long as they don't intrude on my physical space: if i have to sit on the subway (never gonna happen) in a totally packed car without air conditioning and my nose is 2 inches away from some 80 yr old woman's boob, i will object. i may puke too.

15. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Well, men aren't allowed to go wherever they want topless. You've seen "no shoes, no shirt, no service," right? How would this be different?

I'm telling you, the reason it's not already legal everywhere is because of men: men who can't control themselves and men who want to control women.

16. jonpow

jonpow Tennessee Jed VIP

Reputations:
    Dawg's discriminates.

Sexist DAWG doesn't allow female breasts in open forums

Booooo

17. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    those signs are usually in restaurants and other private spaces where they are allowed to set their own rules. men go topless all summer long, and usually the hairiest, sweatiest ones too. once it gets hot uptown i see topless latin guys everywhere except for a fedora. i pray for topless girls so i don't notice the guys.

if you want to go shoeless in Manhattan that should be your own business, although you should be legally required to clean up the blood.

18. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    that sucks. gonna take the fun away from staring at titties

19. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    not whores

not at all

it's a whole form of social culture.

pretty women also have their looks for currency, as opposed to women that have no looks.

get it?

20. Lucky Pierre

Reputations:
    that sounds like a certain religion ....

[​IMG]