Hey Long Island Psychic...Want A Million Bucks...Contact The Amazing Randi..

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by teehee, Mar 17, 2015.

1. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    Want A Million Bucks? Just Contact This Honest Liar ... Telepathically
    [​IMG]
    Stop lying!

That's what James Randi has been telling psychics, faith healers and other paranormal money grubbers for more than half a century.

There is no point in calling some of them out as fakes. They're all fakes as far as Randi is concerned. It's been his lifelong quest to save the gullible public from wasting money on flimflam artists who prey on the stupidity of the masses.

The 86-year-old's amazing journey from stage magician to paranormal investigator is celebrated in "An Honest Liar," a documentary opening this month in theaters across the country, after an initial run in Los Angeles and New York. He sat down with the HuffPost Weird News team and the great Todd Robbins to talk about his amazing career.
    [​IMG]

"Magicians are the perfect people to do this sort of work because we know how to trick an audience," says Randi. "We're honest liars. We tell people we're going to fool you and we do.

"The difference between us and them is we don't claim to be supernatural."

The most offensive people to Randi are people like psychic Sylvia Brown, who held herself out to the loved ones of crime victims, to help them make contact one last time with a person they lost.

In 2004, Brown told the family of Amanda Berry that she was dead. "She's not alive, honey," the TV psychic told the girl's mother, on "The Montel Williams Show."

A year earlier, the 16-year-old Ohio girl had disappeared. Perhaps it was a logical guess after all that time that Berry was dead. But in 2013 -- after 10 years in captivity in a Cleveland man's basement -- she was found alive, trying to escape.

Brown publicly apologized to Berry and her family, and then kept on doing what she had always done -- claiming that she really has a psychic gift.

Brown once accepted a challenge from Randi on national TV to prove her abilities. However, she died two years ago without following through.

[​IMG]

"You want a million dollars, I'll give you a million dollars," says Randi. As the head of the James Randi Educational Foundation, he offers a giant cash prize to any person who can demonstrate paranormal ability.

"There should be a line out the door of gifted people wanting to collect.

"Sometimes they say they'll accept the challenge, but they never do. Want to guess why?"

Spoon-bending psychic Uri Geller and faith healer Peter Popoff are among the many Randi has exposed, showing how their stunts can be replicated with simple parlor magic.

Penn and Teller are among a generation of performers that appear in the film and they speak of Randi as a mentor. He was calling out bullshit long before they had a TV show by that name. They, too, carry on a tradition of being honest liars.

[​IMG]

2. aerostern

aerostern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Would love to see sals pal get shaken down by this dude

John Mahlin and Beth Onostrosky like this.
  3. baci

baci Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    She will never do it. She has to much to lose and nothing to gain.

4. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i respect what he does but the prize is sort of a sham , in the sense that there is no proof the JREF will ever accept, that is a given, some have tried to claim the prize just to have the JREF refuse to participate, also
    the rules of the contest are such that JREF is not obliged to make the test conform to the norms of scientific rigor but they rig the rules in their favor.

Lola and alittlebitcunty like this.
  5. RobsDad

RobsDad Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    If that doc comes to either K.U. or the K.C area, I'll go see it.

Nice pull.

6. TheMercenary

TheMercenary Collecting Light Gold

Reputations:
    If interested in how the "psychics" do this, this guy Derren Brown has a ton of shows in the UK and some aired on Science Channel here where he breaks down and shows you what they are doing, play-by-play. All out in youtubes

7. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    more info on the dubious nature of the JREF challenge

http://www.dailygrail.com/features/the-myth-of-james-randis-million-dollar-challenge

i am not saying that psychic phenomenon exists, or the LI medium is legit (she isnt) but that randi/JREF is not a scientist, or interested in science, because his interest is not in finding truth but simply supporting the baseless beliefs he already holds. what he is doing is insulting to science and those who seek truth

Lola and KDK12 like this.
  8. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    no one has ever spoken through a medium and said "you all were shitty people, fuck off". It's always some sappy heart warming bullshit. If the shit were real, no one would pay to hear the truth.

They pray on the grieving and cheat and lie, scum

Stew Nod and John Mahlin like this.
  9. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    Isn't that site one for people who believe in that drivel? not objective, no?

FishySausage likes this.
  10. Evil Clown

Evil Clown 34 VIP

Reputations:
    Are you really fucking serious? Even if the norms of "scientific rigor" are not followed, shouldnt a psychic be able to pass that shit anyways?

11. Just Me

Just Me VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Nobody has ever taken his challenge, I believe, and he's been offering that for many years.
    Nobody, including that acne scarred faced cunt, will ever take his test because they'll be proven a fraud. And somewhere he once said that it was an easy few question test, not some big dramatic deal.
    Anybody who was a true psychic, which doesn't exist, would take the dumb test, pass it and donate the money to charity.
    But they don't because they're all a bunch of evil lying manipulators. Honestly I think they all should die, starting with that Theresa skank.

John Mahlin likes this.
  12. Evil Clown

Evil Clown 34 VIP

Reputations:
    There actually is a YouTube video where many people have taken the test with their claims. Essentially, if you say you're psychic, you have to provide readings for a handful of people, etc. None have ever gotten close to winning.

13. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The Amazing Randi sucks a mean dick, or so I've heard. OOGAH.

14. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    It always amazes me that some of the same people who believe this bullshit don't believe in other things that don't exist. For instance, magic powers, aliens, bigfoot, loch ness. Its all bullshit. Straight from Penn and Teller and the amazing Randi

15. Shedding Skin

Shedding Skin Damp Banned User

Reputations:
    Why would they donate the money?

16. Just Me

Just Me VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Only because they've already stolen so much money from their victims already so they don't deserve the million, and it would be the decent thing for them to do. Of course they wouldn't, but in a good world...

Shedding Skin likes this.
  17. Shedding Skin

Shedding Skin Damp Banned User

Reputations:
    Yeah, I suppose. They could always just win the lottery a shit load of times of the want money

18. sfsn kali

sfsn kali Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    bullshit.

Either those asswipe fakes can DO what they claim or they are full of shit.

Randi's point is that BECAUSE he is in the business of "fooling" people (with their consent, of course. What he does is entertainment), he knows these fakers are fooling people WITHOUT their consent. He just wants them to admit the truth
    : that they are scamming

Buffalo Balls likes this.
  19. Bosch76

Bosch76 2016 Politics POTY Gold

Reputations:
    Idiot. Yes there proof he would accept, a double blind test with produces results not based on standard averages of chance.

The fact that no one will ever provide such proof because every single phycic is a fraud does not mean the test is not real.

sfsn kali likes this.