High School Reunion?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Miss America, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Miss America

Miss America Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My 30 year one is this weekend. Have not gone to any of the other ones. I stay in touch with 2 friends from high school, and everyone else . . . . if I cared how they were doing, wouldn't we have been in touch?

So my 2 friends I stay in touch with are not going. Plus it will be $150 bucks for me and my wife to go to some shitty buffet.

So, does anyone have any good stories of high school reunions? Unsettled fights that got finished? Rekindled fire with old flames? Action in the bathroom? Did the jocks get fat? Did a geek wind up with a total hot chick wife? I'm looking for motivation to maybe go and see something interesting.

2. babybear

babybear r.i.p 8/3/15, Wherewolf of AZ VIP

Reputations:
    class of 71' here.
    only went to my 5th
    my buddy got drank after it was over and at 1 am missed a turn and knocked over a gas pump.we took off
    but someone got his tag #.as the cops pulled up in ran in the woods,the said tell you friend to turn himself in later.
    he did the next day and only got a leaving the scene of a accident ticket.

3. Trucker

Trucker Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I did'nt want to see them when I was in school, I sure as hell don't want to see them now. Never went to a reunion.

4. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Went to my 10 yr, and had a blast. It was so weird to see how much people changed in such a short time. And, yes, lots of the jocks were fat (and bald!!), as were a few of the prom queens. :giggle: But, it was great to see the people I was friends with back in high school.

I missed my 20 yr., and I'm still pissed off about it. (It's a long, boring story, but it has to do with the fact that I was in grad school then)

No one planned a 25 yr. Next year will be my 30th, and I'm hoping there's a committee working on it already. [​IMG]

5. Weed

Weed Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I remember running into about a half dozen classmates at a Police concert the night of our 5th. Every time we would pass each other in the lobby, we'd joke to the other that they were supposed to be at the reunion.

I went to my 25th and really enjoyed myself. I still run with a few classmates and only a couple of them ended up going. I sat around a table for 10 during dinner and had some nice conversations with a couple women who I don't think I ever spoke to when we went to school. We actually joked about that. We had a mean priest who used to beat the shit out of kids for our principal and he showed up, only now as a frail 80 year old who would be dead soon. When he walked over to say hello to our table, I jokingly ducked my head and braced myself, thinking that only my one buddy would notice but the whole table started cracking up...some things you don't forget!

It was fun to see who had held up. My experience was that some of the sleeper chicks from back in the day looked better than most of the first team. There were quite a few people who had changed so much I didn't know who they were until I looked at their name tags. One guy who had been a friend in some classes fell into that category and I felt like shit for not knowing him when he came up to me with a big smile.

6. Bristol Chicken

Bristol Chicken Free Range and Loving It Gold

Reputations:
    Barely made it out of Ridgemont High. I do not remember much from that period in my life.
    I'm told I had a lot of fun. Have not attended any of the reunions.
    There are definitely some girls I would love to see and reconnect with, but then again perhaps not.
    I'm quite happy with the limited memories and there is always Facebook if the urge to look anyone up overtakes me.

smichal and Miss America like this.
  7. Tranquil

Tranquil Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've never been invited to one, I wasn't all that social when I was in high school people probably don't even remember me.

8. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Didn't go to my 10th. May go to my 20th. God that's weird to write... I slayed 10% of the gash while attending. I'd love to add a few I missed over a long weekend if I decided to go

smichal likes this.
  9. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    fuck them. you didn't like em in HS you're not gonna like em now.

10. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If I could give you one of those gay hug things, I would

Miss America and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  11. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  12. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    You might as well have reunions for subdivisons you used to live in.

AmishGirl likes this.
  13. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Buddy of mine went to his and it turned out that one dude became a big time set designer and used to be Kanye wests creative director...

Nothing happened at mine, but I was happy to go and see what everyone was doing

14. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Havent gone to a single one in 33 yrs and have no interest.

15. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    You sound like a barrel of laughs :coffee:

16. El Guapo

El Guapo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    20th a few years back

LOTS of male patterned baldness and lots of 1991 pretty girls turned wrong end of the BMI chart women

Was also surprised at the amount of 'ink'

Glad I went, but depressing in a way, and also full of gratitude, in the sense as much as I hate I have aged, I am definitely in the good side of the hill......

17. gotnolife

gotnolife Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Ha ha you old fart. My 30 year reunion is this summer too!
    There's two chicks I'm friends with on Facebook that got really hot but they're both married and two really hot chicks in school that got really fat. I have no desire to go.

Miss America likes this.
  18. tedsfrozenhead

tedsfrozenhead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree with this 100% My 30th was two years ago. I saw the pictures on Facebook. The same cliques from High School were the same cliques at the reunion. I didn't like those turds 30 years ago and I don't want to see them now.

zutroy, blindbella, smichal and 2 others like this.
  19. Ganggreen87

Ganggreen87 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I went to my 20 and it was a real bummer. I didn't recognize anyone felt totally out of place. I wish I hadn't of gone and remembered high school as it was in my memories
    Plus I keep in touch with 2-3 guys I really like

20. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    I haven't been. Facebook and Google pretty much lets me peek in on who I want to. The friends I want- I just reach out to them. Don't need help.
    But hey, different strokes for different folks. God bless those who like it.