News High School Sexting Could Bring Felony Charges In Colorado

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Nov 6, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Colo. students in sexting scandal could face felony charges
    Colorado parents are outraged and concerned as school district officials reveal new details on the "large scale" sexting scandal at Canon City High School.

The school district says the scandal involves an equal number of boys and girls -- including some who are only in eighth grade - who could face felony charges. This is forcing parents and administrators to re-evaluate how they monitor teen activity in a high-tech world, reports CBS News correspondent Carter Evans.

At an emergency meeting Thursday night, concerned parents learned that possibly hundreds of students at Canon City High may have been collecting and trading nude pictures of themselves and friends on their cell phones, like trading baseball cards.

"It was flooring to find so many and there are more we don't know about," said Principal Brett Meuli.

Administrators started investigating after they got an anonymous tip. They started inspecting phones that were turned over voluntarily, uncovering hundreds of explicit photos of students.

"The decision was made based on what we saw to call the police and at that point, you just need to hand over everything you got and let the criminal investigation proceed," said Superintendent George Welsh.

At least half of the football team has been implicated in the sexting scandal. As a result, administrators decided the team will forfeit its final game of the season.

"If we're going to preach character and integrity and doing the right thing when nobody's looking, we just can't step on the field and compete -- represent our school and our community with that," said Athletic Director Scott Manchester.

Police are still gathering evidence and warrants to search the devices. Investigators say the teens hid the pictures from parents using special "photo vault" apps, including one that looks like a calculator.

"The city of Canon city is any town, USA, it's going on everywhere," Welsh said.

"I think it's important that parents and students understand that the mere possession of these materials does constitute an ongoing crime," said District Attorney Thom LeDeux.

"They are scary. They are scary," said Misty Vernetti, whose son plays football but says he wasn't involved. "They could affect some of these boys for the rest of their lives."

The district attorney says he'll work on a case by case basis, but students could face felony charges.

"I hope not," he said. "I feel that we come up with the right outcome in these cases."

2. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    8th grade??

boys and girls???

[​IMG]

3. matt1357

matt1357 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sluts

DiamondGoddess and chapped like this.
  4. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It's happening all over. But Cannon City is home to the Colorado State Penitentiary. If it's anything like Jackson, Michigan, then I can only imagine what kind of kids these are.

5. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There's a lot of horney kids out there. Promise you wount show any 1 snap snap snap.

6. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    A prophet

JonGnagyBeard and DiamondGoddess like this.
  7. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Colorado students swapping nude photos ‘like trading cards’ in school scandal
    BY Laurie Hanna
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Saturday, November 7, 2015, 6:32 AM
    • A
    • A
    • A
    Share this URL
    [​IMG] CBS News
    The Canon City High School football team, the Tigers, will forfeit their last game of the season due to the sexting scandal.
    Colorado students have been swapping hundreds of nude photos ‘like trading cards’ in a school scandal.

Pupils at Canon City High School have been suspended after police discovered the teenagers were sharing hundreds of snaps.

The school’s Tigers football team were forced to forfeit a game because so many of the players were excluded from class.

The school explained that it would not have been possible to field an entire team of players who definitely did not participate.

Teachers gave police one phone with several hundred images that investigators will work to identify, police chief Paul Schultz said Friday.

“It got to the point of maybe a little bit of a contest, see who could collect the most,” Cañon City School District Superintendent George Welsh said.

[​IMG] CBS News
    Teachers at the school were shocked when they uncovered the scale of the scandal.
    The students allegedly kept the photos on their phones using 'photo vault' apps that keep the photos hidden.

“We know there's hundreds of photos,” Bret Meuli, principal of the school, told the Canon City Daily Record.

“It was flooring to us on how many photos that we were finding on the phones that have been confiscated."

The district has said that both girls and boys are involved in the sexting.

Police have advised parents to check their kids’ phones and warned them of the dangers of sending selfies.

[​IMG] Tracy Harmon/The Pueblo Chieftain via AP
    Canon City Police Chief Paul Schultz, left, and Crime Prevention Coordinator Jen O'Connor listens as Superintendent George Welsh discusses the issue.
    Police Chief Paul Schultz said there were “several hundred victims” and they were involved in “a major investigation.”

He added: "We are hoping that 30 days from now, we will have made significant headway in this investigation.”

It is unknown how many students had been expelled or suspended, or what disciplinary actions was being taken.

Investigators are also looking into whether the photos were on any parents' phones.

The school is offering a counseling hotline to students worried about getting in trouble for sexting.

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  8. Winst

Winst Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    A near perfect story for the November sweeps.

[​IMG]

oldpaddy likes this.
  9. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    "Crime Prevention Coordinator Jen O'Connor"

[​IMG]

Stew Nod, Onion and Winst like this.
  10. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
  11. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:

They were victims of sexual assault with all of the masturbation they were doing.

12. oldpaddy

oldpaddy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't get it. What's the problem?

Ba Ba Boolio likes this.
  13. vaporizer

vaporizer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You give kids this type of technology, what the fuck do you expect? My parents let me buy a VCR for my bedroom TV when I was 8. I had saved up enough money and I thought it would be cool so I could rent cool music movies and watch them without bugging everyone. By the time I was 15 I'm sure they would have been mortified by that decision had they known the sheer amount of DNA that was being shot out of my mini-cannon thanks to Christy Canyon videos.
    [​IMG]

14. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Weed sexting does it get any better.

15. Imus O Sternsky

Imus O Sternsky VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Teachers gave police one phone with several hundred images that investigators will work to identify, police chief Paul Schultz said Friday.

“It got to the point of maybe a little bit of a contest, see who could collect the most,” Cañon City School District Superintendent George Welsh said.

And it seems the contest is a tie between the teachers and the police

JustLurking and PI Nate like this.
  16. Hank Douglas

Hank Douglas Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jesus, when are they going to realize that this is just what people do?
    Now they're going to potentially fuck with some of their futures in a very real way over sharing tit pics? I really don't get it.

JustLurking and Lagersolut like this.
  17. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Bored, horny cops.

18. Bristol Chicken

Bristol Chicken Free Range and Loving It Gold

Reputations:
    I'm not sure what the real crime is here.
    Kids being kids or having this crew 'investigating' nude pictures of schoolchildren.

[​IMG]

19. hugh jasol

hugh jasol white trash on dope Gold

Reputations:
    What a great era to be a kid. I had to watch Hardbodies and Spring Break on HBO with no DVR or pause button to catch a glimpse of boobs and snatch.

Bristol Chicken likes this.
  20. Lagersolut

Lagersolut Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

Sad part about it they act like this kind of " thing " never happened before .....LOL

The only thing that really changed is technology - but today it's a crime .....( I seen a few of my female classmates nude back in the day :jj: )

Some of them were as young as 8th grade .......about the same age I got my first finger full of pussy juice in the hall :jj:

Law enforcement in this country is pathetic anymore .

[​IMG]

babybear likes this.