News Highest Ranking Officer Found Not Guilty Of All Charges In Freddie Gray Case

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HowieHasBeen, Jul 18, 2016.

1. HowieHasBeen

HowieHasBeen VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Baltimore Circuit Court Judge Barry Williams has ruled that Lt. Brian Rice, the highest-ranking Baltimore City Police officer to be charged in relation to the death of 25-year-old Freddie Gray, is not guilty of all the charges he faced — involuntary manslaughter, reckless endangerment and misconduct in office.

Gray died on April 19, 2015, a week after he suffered a severe spinal cord injury while being transported in the back of a city police van. His death prompted riots last year in Baltimore.

RELATED: Who’s Baltimore Lieutenant Brian Rice?

Rice is the third officer charged in the Gray case to get a full acquittal from Judge Williams.

“The judge decided that there was no proof of any of the charges yet again,” according to WJZ’s Mike Hellgren, who was inside the courtroom as the verdict was read.

“He had the same reasoning in the prior cases. For involuntary manslaughter they would have had to prove that this was grossly negligent conduct. He said he thought the environment was tense out there and Lt. Rice made a judgment call that it was appropriate not to seatbelt him and that the new general order that mandates seatbelt use had not reached Lt. Rice. There was no proof presented that Lt. Rice had read that general order. He also said reckless endangerment failed as a matter of law, that because Lt. Rice did not drive the vehicle simply putting him inside without seatbelting was not reckless endangerment. And misconduct in office he felt that the state did not prove their burden that Lt. Rice was corrupt in his duties and failed in his duties. So the state had a significantly high burden of proof here, they failed on all counts yet again.”

WJZ’s Alex Demetrick was also inside the courtroom as the verdict was read, and said Lt. Rice had very little reaction.

“He sat very still, was very calm. Officer Goodson and Officer Nero were there and they also showed no reaction at all. The judge cleared the bench and he shook hands with his attorneys. Nero, Goodson came up shook hands, he thanked them. A lot of other well-wishers came up and he thanked them. It was very low key, very sedate, it almost seemed like they knew it was gonna be this way. And I thought the most telling thing was the way Janet Bledsoe, the prosecutor, responded. I mean as soon as the judge finished she jumped out of that seat and bolted out of the courtroom. And during the judge’s long descriptions of why he came to this verdict, she sat there stretching, yawning, sort of smiling at the co-prosecutor and I don’t know, it just seemed like they knew it was gonna come and they couldn’t wait for it to be over.”

LEGAL EXPERTS WEIGH IN

“It became clear throughout the trial that this was an unusual injury and there were competing theories about when during the ride [Gray] sustained this fatal injury and what was interesting at some point the judge said he did not find beyond a reasonable doubt that Lt. Rice had caused the injury,” Prof. David Jaros of the University of Baltimore Law School tells WJZ.

“I think what you are seeing is the result of a rushed investigation,” Attorney Warren Brown says. “You’re witnessing the results of a rush to prosecution.”

“If the state had done a thorough investigation in this case and made an intellectually honest decision I think they would have concluded that we don’t know what happened in the back of that van,” he went on to say.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/07/18/baltimore-officer-learns-fate-in-gray-case/

Scarlett Ohara and Gusbuss like this.
  2. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    What do you think the next Jurassic Park movie will be about

HowieHasBeen likes this.
  3. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    I think the dinosaurs should break out and somehow commandeer a cruise ship

4. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    They need to get that money back from that dead criminal's family and split the money up between all the cops that were wrongly accused

Rescued Owl, Dick Nose, NY123 and 6 others like this.
  5. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    Riots? Anyone? Riots?

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  6. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
  7. BaldPussy

BaldPussy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Riots? I would wish for riots compared to the events of the last 10 days. It is so apparent that there was a rush to judgment to appease the maddening crowds. The lessons learned should be wait for the investigation to complete, then base your judgement on the facts of the case NOT what you want the end result to be. I fear too many radicalized people are gonna copy cat the events in Dallas and Baton Rouge.

8. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
  9. HowieHasBeen

Reputations:
    I hope it's in outer space.

10. HowieHasBeen

Reputations:
    I wonder what the White House will say about this? :rolleyes:

stanggirl and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  11. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    A dinosaurs will kill a black man. BLM will protest and burn Jurassic Park to the ground.

12. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:

[​IMG]

13. AlDavis

AlDavis Shit Mult Banned User

Reputations:
    Dinosaurs are racist so BLM starts making omelette with Dino eggs. They go into the cave to look for eggs, but this thing with tentacles grabs this guy's face and puts babies in his bodies which eats from inside out. White cops watching do nothing and laugh. However this thing that eats itself out looks like Obama. However another predator alien race with orange face kills the Obama alien.

14. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    My guess is how heart disease and obesity at a young age killed them off.

stanggirl likes this.
  15. HowieHasBeen

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

16. Scarlett Ohara

Scarlett Ohara VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The great Dave Chapelle.

Whipping Post and Pitzarea like this.
  17. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Black Lives Matter!!

No justice for Freddie Gray because of the racist justice system in this country!!

[​IMG]

Damnit...

HowieHasBeen likes this.
  18. Father O'Blivion

Father O'Blivion Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Reminds me of a song...

19. walterHwhite

walterHwhite Heisenberg

Reputations:
    For sure.

20. SorryBoff

SorryBoff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Didn't they give the family like 10x the maximum that they needed to?

Gusbuss likes this.