Politics Hillary May Have Problem With Weiner

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Miss America, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Miss America

Miss America Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Weiner may stick it to Hillary should she get the nomination.

On a side note, Weiner's wife is pretty hot, and he married way over his head. WTF is his problem?

‘Weiner’ could become another unwelcome distraction for Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton said she is too busy campaigning to see “13 Hours,” Michael Bay’s new movie about the deadly Sept. 11, 2012, attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya — an assault that once threatened to dog the former secretary of state’s 2016 presidential bid. Now another film — a documentary about the sexting scandal that derailed Anthony Weiner’s 2013 mayoral run — is poised to give the Clinton campaign headaches once more.

The reason: Huma Abedin, Weiner’s wife and Clinton’s longtime aide, is featured prominently in “Weiner,” which premieres Sunday at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. From its description on the Sundance website:

Many politicians have seen their careers careen off the tracks, but few instances have been captured so completely on film as the incisive and painfully funny Weiner. With unprecedented access to Anthony Weiner, his family, and his campaign team as they mount his New York City mayoral campaign, the film documents the impending political meltdown of epic proportions. What begins as an unexpected comeback from a disgraced ex-congressman takes a sharp turn once Weiner is forced to admit to new sexting allegations. As the media descends and rips apart his every move, Weiner tries desperately to forge ahead, but the increasing pressure and crippling 24-hour news coverage halts his political aspirations dead in their tracks.

The New York Times, which was given an exclusive screening ahead of the documentary’s Sundance debut, describes how Abedin tries to maintain calm as her husband’s political career is imploding for a second time:

Just after the news broke that Mr. Weiner had exchanged lewd messages with women online using the pseudonym Carlos Danger, Ms. Abedin maintained a steely calm.

When a young campaign staff member, on the verge of tears over the revelations, prepared to leave the couple’s Park Avenue apartment, Ms. Abedin offered some advice. “Just a quick optics thing.” she said to the woman. “I assume those photographers are still outside. So, you will look happy?”

While Clinton herself doesn’t appear in the 90-minute film, the subtext of watching Abedin deal with a sex scandal involving her husband — not unlike the one Clinton had to navigate as first lady — puts the Democratic frontrunner front and center in viewers’ minds.

[​IMG]
    Abedin speaks to the media after testifying at a closed-door hearing of the House Benghazi committee in October 2015. (Photo: Alex Brandon/AP)

And with “Weiner” scheduled to be released in theaters on May 20 and on Showtime in October, it could be an unwelcome distraction for Clinton in a general election, should she become the Democratic nominee.

Directors Josh Kriegman, a former political consultant and campaign adviser for Weiner, and Elyse Steinberg began shooting the film simply to document the former congressman’s mayoral bid. When the sexting scandal broke, it became something much more intriguing.

“We’ve seen countless celebrity meltdowns and scandals play out on cable news and in the headlines, but here we get a front-row seat as it happens,” Steinberg said in an interview with the Sundance website. “The film pulls back the curtain and shows what it’s really like to be at the center of a media firestorm.”

“You really get to see just how much our politics is driven by this impulse toward entertainment and appetite for spectacle,” Kriegman said. “And I think it is relevant to what we’re seeing today from the current presidential campaign to politics in general. Just how much the news coverage today is driven by salacious statements and gaffes and tweets.”

Meanwhile, the 39-year-old Abedin — who has worked for Clinton since she was 19 and has been alternately referred to as her “second daughter” and “a mini Hillary” — has been at the center of several recent attacks by Republican lawmakers looking into her outside consultant work while she was an employee of Clinton’s at the State Department.

Is Huma Abedin Hillary Clinton’s Secret Weapon or Her Next Big Problem?” Vanity Fair asked in a piece published earlier this month:

Whether it’s palatable for the vice-chairman of Hillary’s presidential campaign to be embroiled in allegations of conflicts of interest, obtaining patronage jobs, or misrepresenting time worked remains to be seen. Asked if at some point Huma becomes a liability to Hillary, the long-term Clinton insider replies, “It’s like anything else. I don’t think so, but you know I don’t have any idea. Hillary is very loyal, but she’s obviously pragmatic.”

[​IMG]

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  2. Getthepoisonout

Getthepoisonout I regret my username

Reputations:
    I see what you did there with the title btw....tl;dr

3. Gigashadow

Gigashadow Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    You need your eyes checked. Huma is hideous.

4. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    WIENER sent DICK pics... Reps.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  5. captbill

captbill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Standing next to Hillary, (see the photo above of them standing together) I agree that Huma looks hot. But then who wouldn't.

Sorry she is not my type. But you have different standards, I guess. Which is OK, everybody needs someone to love them.

cwok and anon998 like this.
  6. YinzerMasshole

YinzerMasshole VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Poor Hillary. She's always getting fucked over by Weiners in the wrong place.

7. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    Billary don't know how to handle a weiner :sarcastic:
    [​IMG]

CrucifiedAGT and FishySausage like this.
  8. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
  9. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
  10. cg256

cg256 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Some believe that she is actually Hillary's girlfriend. Not that there is anything wrong with that. If you are a 70 year old lesbian, Huma is a fox. Hillary robbed the cradle when Huma was just 19.

That's why Anthony was so nuts sexually. He's a beard for Huma and he got paid back with Clinton support for his political career. Allegedly. It's probably not true.

11. captbill

captbill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You never know. I've heard that from more than one source.

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  12. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    it's all bullshit.....huma and hillary are lovers and have been since huma became hillary's aide.
    weiner is just a beard and is allowed to have his "flirtations". he just wasn't discrete and that was the big problem.

13. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She has a problem with all wieners.