News Hillary releases tax return. Pays 24% federal rate

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Vincenzo69, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So when will the Donald do the same?

2. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits VIP

Reputations:
    I'll pay 24% too when I get millions from a fake charitable foundation in my name.

3. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...dana bash reported the dollar amount of taxes paid over i forgot how many years, the amount of tax paid was 43 million dollars. how the fuck do the clintons have that much money to begin with. maybe hillary could explain it in a press conference where she releases the transcripts from the speeches she gave.

4. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits VIP

Reputations:
    pay for play :loco:

5. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Trumps down for 75,000 a year salary

6. the G-man

the G-man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've never understood the idea that if somebody is smart enough to use the legal means at their disposal to not pay more taxes than they should that there something wrong with them.

Hell, when Bill was governor of Arkansas Hillary used to declare his used underwear on their taxes as a charitable contribution.

Seriously. Look it up.

7. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...the tax returns show hillary gave 96% of her charitable contributions to the clinton foundation. :backlol:

8. oski

oski Jump For Cock

Reputations:
  9. Captain

Captain Alto, Blanco y Guapo Gold

Reputations:
    Trump will never pull his financial drawers down to reveal his tiny distended member.

The reason he essentially left NY for Key Largo, Scotland (Russia???) is because he had burned vendors, banks and creditors to the point where they wouldn't finance his party any more. He's rich; but he ain't even close to what he claims. Not with that limited revenue stream.

Like his buildings, it's important to remember that applying a coat of Vaspar Gold spray paint to everything does not gold it make.

10. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...i think its valspar

11. YodaQuiversStern

YodaQuiversStern Turn and face the strange

Reputations:
    I wonder when we will have a candidate for POTUS that actually pays the same % that the rest of us do...considering they are often worth and make hundreds of thousands (if not millions) and pay a lower % than someone making, say, $100k

12. the G-man

the G-man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When a flat tax gets passed.

13. Wangold

Wangold Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She pays less of a percentage than me?!

14. oski

oski Jump For Cock

Reputations:
    riiigghhhttt

banks hate to loan to people with vast real estate holdings. and btw why can he get financing overseas then? you do realize that those same banks would loan him money to buy stuff in the US right?

15. Slow

Slow All The Pieces Matter DawgShed News

Reputations:
    People are supposed to care more about tax returns and rude comments than policies and years of corruption.

Low information voters.

Wigward, 1Vegasgirl, jake206 and 5 others like this.
  16. ChimneySweep

ChimneySweep Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes and probably 100x more $$$$$

Wangold likes this.
  17. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Anyone who does taxes for a business will tell you, the percentage paid can vary massively based on how the income is earned. Tax free municipal bonds, dividends on stocks, capital gains, and salaries are all taxed differently. My guess is she actually pays more in total taxes, state, local, etc.

Employees pay about 7.5% in payroll taxes, but most of that cuts off after roughly $100K for high income earners, so they pay maybe 1.5% of that on most of their income.
    Money earned via a small business, such as giving speeches(cough) would be subject to a 15.3% "self employment tax", but doing it as a "foundation" would mean they probably could avoid it.

But on the other hand if she gets free room and board, clothing, meals, travel, etc while traveling around getting cheered by crowds of adoring supporters, , her effective income could be several times what the nominal amount is. Not having to buy your own $200 meals every night means you saved about $400 you would have had to earn to, after taxes, pay for it.

If your home is where you do business, you can write off your multiple $3M mansions partially. If you host parties to raise funds there, even more of it can be written off. Potentially all but your personal bedroom and bathroom could be counted as a business expense. Use your Mercedes to drive to the airport to go fund-raise? Boom, business expense. The foreign firm paying your husband $700,000 for a 20 min speech so their regulatory problems go away sets you up in a $2500/night suite at the Waldorf Astoria? Not income. The $15,000 first class tickets are also comped. Because it's for a "foundation", not you.

I seriously doubt Hillary or Bill Clinton, or any former Presidents, walk down to the lobby and whip out a credit card when staying at resorts, or hand the waiter a wad of cash at a restaurant. Everything is paid for by someone else. And what's the tax on the high paying jobs your position gets your kid? Zero. How much does a regular person have to spend to get the education and experience needed to be qualified for those jobs?

These people all live well and pay less taxes than the guy who runs a small chain of tire stores.

As far as the Clinton Foundation goes, the Clintons don't care that much about personal wealth. Because beyond a few nice homes, and some baubles, what could they spend it on?

Because they don't need most of what they're receiving for what they really crave. Adoration and influence over other people. They sell their influence, and the profit for them is being able to use hundreds of millions of dollars "donated" to their foundation as a personal slush fund to control politics even when they are not in office. Need a hospital to get you in front of the line? Donate $125,000 of other people's money. You think Bill was waiting out in the lobby with the Mexican immigrants when he had chest pains? "Speaking fees " are just a way of laundering the bribes. They're not the only ones to do it. They just do it more openly and successfully than anyone else in history.

18. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Where does 24% come from? I read 31. Not like I give a shit.

19. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My bad 34%

Hillary - 34%

Romney - 13%

Trump - ????????%

10weeks, HypocriteHowie and Humongous like this.
  20. oski

oski Jump For Cock

Reputations:
    either her accountant horrifically blows or she intentionally paid more in taxes for political reasons