Hindsight is 20/20... Howard's ORIGINAL Sirius contract.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TehLivingDeath, Jan 30, 2012.

1. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    How should it have been handled, had Sirius not been grasping at straws to keep their company afloat?

IMO, they should have given Howard a base salary and a fucking BUDGET. And by "BUDGET", I mean a monetary sum to be spent on the show exclusively. Not 500 million marbles all to himself, that he could hoard and then dole-out as he saw fit. That is what killed the formerly-awesome Howard Stern Show.

What say you in this matter?

2. Guts83

Guts83 Active Member

Reputations:
    The budget definitely would have helped to some degree.

What the show needed was some concrete data of ratings. That would have kept the fire on Howard's ass. Make his bonuses performance based and not on the stock market.

3. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    It really is too bad our receivers don't send data back to the company. I'm sure those reports would be very telling, indeed.

4. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    agreed... the way the FCC was fucking with Howard Sirius could have cut a better deal

5. Big Bird

Big Bird New Member

Reputations:
    Howard should have gotten a lot less than 500 million or the 400 million on the second contract.. And they should have forced him to hire real talent oh his channels, not the jokes he has on 101.:facepalm:

6. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I bet they wish they had done a better job of defining "Sirius subscriber" for Howchie's performance bonus and put more of his overall comp in performance incentives. When Howard saw a chance for $, like with the merger closing, he was on fire promoting it; if he's getting paid and has no ratings concerns, he puts it into cruise control.

7. Shvoogie Button

Shvoogie Button Member

Reputations:
    if howard was owed $$$$

and he's rich enough and he doesn't really need $$$$

why would he sign up for 5 more years????

something doesn't make sense....

would he really just go through the motions to punish siriusxm.... and not care about his legacy and his fans?

something doesn't make sense....

8. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

why? for as much as he talks about ppl pissing away their money he has gone on a spending orgy since the original contract..

he has expanded his Manhattan apartment more then once, his house out in the Hampton much cost a fortune to maintain...

there is no way the could maintain the same life and not get another fat contract...

9. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard's brilliance is his ability to charm the pants off ya and thru proper modulation....convinceand will you into his buying his spiderweb of deceipt.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  10. sauce on side

sauce on side Member

Reputations:
    Guaranteed yearly payouts without any ties to ratings? Yea that was a mistake.

11. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It should have been a base salary same as Krock, plus bonuses bases on listenership to his show, that way he would give a shit and put in some effort.

and there should have been a budget for the show too, don't give the greedy Jew all the marbles and have him dole some out.

12. Guts83

Guts83 Active Member

Reputations:
    This. There should have been a clause that stated that Howard had to pay real salaries for real talent.

Didn't Jay Thomas say (and quickly took back) that there was more money in being unemployed than working on Howard's channels?

13. Just Peachy

Just Peachy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I think he's an egoist who had no where else to go. Both Sirius and Howard desperately need each other. Sirius needs Howard for any fumes his name draws and Howard needs a platform to talk (as much as he says he hates work). He doesn't put much effort into the show anymore but when he thinks he's slipping in relevancy, that gives him major anxiety. Howard must stay on the air to feed that ego.

When it came to the second contract, I really think it came down to the wire because both parties really didn't have the upper hand. As such, no really good changes to the show could come out of it.

14. HorseFanNetwork

HorseFanNetwork Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think in their state of mind which was at that point,borderline bankrupt, i would assume they might have been a bit desperate.But a contract such as this one,seems to be a very stupid and almost blind thing to sign to.

15. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    That coupled with the tapes and HowardTV were the demise of the show.

16. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    howard's houses are very lavish but where else does he spend his money??? there are no exotic trips or private jets, or an expensive yacht, and he isn't an art collector. while he might take private jets they're usually company paid and written into his contract. i guess the staffs for both places could probably employ a village but other than that (and all the associated beth expenses)he seems pretty frugal.
    he could live off the interest of his savings and investments w/o touching the principle. i'm pretty sure his income stream is structured so that he doesn't declare it as "income".....i'd like to think that allison took him to the cleaners but that's a one time thing because she re-married soon after the divorce.
    i don't believe he had to re-sign with sirius or get a second job at AGT to maintain his lifestyle. i'm mystified. :dontknow:

17. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    But do they REALLY need him anymore?? I really don't think they do. I listen to a fuck-ton of other channels, and there is never a shortage of callers. Ron & Fez is a perfect example of how little Howie Marbles is needed.

18. Big Bird

Big Bird New Member

Reputations:
    Indeed. And welcome

19. Big Bird

Big Bird New Member

Reputations:
    I remember that gem Jay said :jj:

20. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    I think the money goes to buying shit for Beth. I imagine that she buys a lot of fancy jewelry and stuff he doesn't photograph for fear of getting robbed.