Hindsight... Mel Gibson Vs Howard Stern

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Mar 1, 2012.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The say hindsight is 20/20

Well I caught Braveheart the other night and fuck that is still an amazing movie.
    Time has kind of diluted the fact that Mel is a crazy ass Australian and I found that at no point did the knowledge that Mel eventually lost his fucking mind affect my enjoyment of his movie.

On the other hand I am listening to the Tapes on H100 and Howard is commenting on a WWE press conference with Hall Of Fame great Lawrence Taylor.
    Howard is going on and on about "why is he doing this? Why is he lowering himself? Doesn't he have enough money?"

I fucking hate that I can't even listen to Howard's glory days without being reminded at what a complete double standard prick he has now become.
    Which realy sucks... he might as well never gotten his tapes back, because they seem to be funnier in my memory then in real life.

Howard spent so much energy archiving his show only to have those tapes become painful reminders of what he has now become.

Maybe it is because Mel was a brilliant director and he played rolls in his movies Vs Howard was selling who he was as a real person?

Anyway just an observation

2. Howards Teeth

Howards Teeth New Member

Reputations:
    [h=2]Mel Gibson is a cum-dumpster racist/sexist tiny-cocked piece of cat shit and i hope he gets AIDS and dies slowly and alone. Howard is just boring and old.[/h]

3. chapped

Reputations:

just?

4. Howards Teeth

Howards Teeth New Member

Reputations:
    ...and lazy and insincere and sold-out and a shill and litigious and coasting, boasting bored and too rich to relate.

You meant Howard, right?

5. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    this is probably why Howard isn't working hard on getting those Channel 9 tapes...

6. chapped

Reputations:
    sure did

7. Howards Teeth

Howards Teeth New Member

Reputations:
    You want the Channel 9 tapes? I've got em.... got the show free for 4 years too. Want a scan of Private Parts....avi of the Pay per View? Or I could just send you the book.... not like it has any relation to the HSS now anyway. ....crash and burn on all fronts....
    Also, Mel Gibson should die in a fire.

8. chapped

Reputations:
    No thanks... Back to Mel Gibson... So what did he say that pissed you off so much if you don't mind me asking? Also so I am going to guess that your feelings for entertainers

supersede their work... example you won't watch Seinfeld because Michael Richard is a racist pig, Woody Allen because he is a pedo,

How do you feel about Spielberg routinely portraits Third World cultures
    as inferior or savages to be always out smarted by whites?

Just curious

9. chapped

Reputations:
    Fantastic movie...Mel going off the deep end sucked because that crazy mother fucker has talent coming out his ass.. he learned not to piss of the Jews thats for sure

10. chapped

Reputations:

yea .. So i never actually knew what he said that fucked his career up .. from what Wiki says Mel said the following

"Fucking Jews... the Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world" .... fucking booze will do it to you , clearly no Jew has ever gotten shit faced drunk and dropped the N bomb or a spic reference or two..

Fuck I can't wait for the day Howard get shit drunk and says Reggie live on air, or makes fun of retarded people... fuck can you imagine how the Jewish community would unite and against one of their own

if that ever happens ... um ,.... yea... umm

11. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    One of the funniest things I have ever heard was Mel Gibson on some talk show right after Braveheart came out and he was telling a story of how they hired real rough and tumble Scotsmen to be extras in the fighting scenes and Mel walked up to one of them and asked him what he wore under his kilt. Mel said the guy looked him dead in the eye and said, "Your wife's lipstick" then stared him down. Mel said he then walked away fast.

HowardsTeeth must be a real Hebe in order to feel the way he does about Mel.

12. jaybrook07

jaybrook07 Active Member

Reputations:
  13. Francis Begbie

Francis Begbie New Member

Reputations:
    xavier, Mel's an American. I think his family moved to Australia when he was a kid, or something like that. He still rules, though. The only people who have a problem with him are Jews and gays, of which Howard is both

[​IMG]

14. Howards Teeth

Howards Teeth New Member

Reputations:
    "How do you feel about Spielberg routinely portraits Third World cultures
    as inferior or savages to be always out smarted by whites?"

Well that's reality. Mel is a zealot and a phoney and a loudmouth racist/sexist... see above. Yeah. I'd boycott Roman Polanski... Woody Allen, just because he isn't funny anymore... Chris Brown for many reasons.... Of course you take into account the person when you view their work. I LOVE watercolor paintings of clowns, but I'm totally NOT buying a John Wayne Gacy.
    Gibson seems like he is a total self-important religious prick and I wish him failure. George Lucas raped nothing but our memories, and I'm done with him too.

Also... I won't comment on your diction... but I assume you fancy yourself among the master race?

15. TheHighHat

TheHighHat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  16. gridlockd

gridlockd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Apocolypto is great too. Passion of the Christ, however, is god awful.

17. chapped

Reputations:
    Wow I agree with almost everything you said... but you lost me on that one dude.... but I am glad you feel comfortable with the notion that the culture with the biggest stick is
    Superior or in this case the culture with the biggest bank roll... and god forbid someone not in that culture exhibits the same narrow minded thinking because then its okay to bitch and moan about it.

18. chapped

Reputations:
    never saw passion .... i was traveling when it came out back in the day. it seems to be one of those love it or hate it movies

19. gridlockd

gridlockd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When you think about it, you're doing the same thing. You're letting Howard's personal life supercede his work.
    You don't find the old stuff funny anymore based on his current lifestyle. Right?

I wouldn't hang out with Micheal Richards, Mel Gibson or Woody Allen but I can still enjoy their work.
    Appropriately I think it was Woody Allen who said "You have to seperate the art from the artist."
    You'll enjoy the show more that way. You're only annoyed because you have way too much information about Howard.

20. chapped

Reputations:

yea my OP was about the fact that I no longer can separate the old Howard from the new..
    I try mind you ... I have a ton of the old KROC stuff I use to record to hard drive.. I use to love the mother fucker but now I can't

watching Braveheart on TV made me realize that I am over the hate Mel for the sake of hating him.. I went years and years avoiding anything he made
    because I he became a dick after growing up thinking his movies were fucking great from Mad Max - Apocalypto