WTF History

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by bennymuso, Aug 28, 2016.

1. bennymuso

bennymuso Italian by name, British by nature

Reputations:
    What's your favourite subject in History?

I can't get enough of WW2.

2. Daveindiego

Daveindiego Confirmed Internet Legend Gold

Reputations:
    I spend a lot of time reading about that period as well.

Biff DiBiase and bennymuso like this.
  3. Hal E. Burton

Hal E. Burton Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    History is written by the victors.
    Case in point:

[​IMG]

cwok likes this.
  4. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    Here's some history on anal sex

Ancient and non-Western cultures
    See also: Homosexuality in ancient Greece, Homosexuality in ancient Rome, and Sexuality in ancient Rome ยง Anal sex
    The term Greek love has long been used to refer to anal intercourse, and in modern times, "doing it the Greek way" is sometimes used as slang for anal sex.[116] Ancient Greeksaccepted romantic or sexual relationships between males as a balanced sex life (having males and women as lovers), and they considered this "normal (as long as one partner was an adult and the other was aged between twelve and fifteen)".[117]

Male-male anal sex was not a universally accepted practice in Ancient Greece; it was the target of jokes in some Athenian comedies.[118] Aristophanes, for instance, mockingly alludes to the practice, claiming, "Most citizens are europroktoi (wide-arsed) now."[119] The terms kinaidos, europroktoi, and katapygon were used by Greek residents to categorize men who chronically[120] practiced passive anal intercourse.[121] While pedagogic pederasty was an essential element in the education of male youths, these relationships, at least in Athensand Sparta, were expected to steer clear of penetrative sex of any kind. There are few works of pottery or other art that display anal sex between men and adolescent boys, let alone between adult men.[citation needed] Greek artwork of sexual interaction between men and boys usually depicted fondling or intercrural sex, which was not condemned for violating or feminizing boys,[122] while male-male anal intercourse was usually depicted between males of the same age-group.[123] Intercrural sex was not considered penetrative and two males engaging in it was considered a "clean" act.[118] Some sources explicitly state that anal sex between men and boys was criticized as shameful and seen as a form of hubris.[122][124]Nonetheless, evidence suggests that the younger partner in pederastic relationships (i.e., the eromenos) did engage in receptive anal intercourse so long as no one accused him of being 'feminine'.[125]

[​IMG]
    Two Roman males on the Warren Cup, British Museum
    In later Roman-era Greek poetry, anal sex became a common literary convention, represented as taking place with "eligible" youths: those who had attained the proper age but had not yet become adults. Seducing those not of proper age (for example, non-adolescent children) into the practice was considered very shameful for the adult, and having such relations with a male who was no longer adolescent was considered more shameful for the young male than for the one mounting him; Greek courtesans, or hetaerae, are said to have frequently practiced male-female anal intercourse as a means of preventing pregnancy.[126]

A male citizen taking the passive (or receptive) role in anal intercourse (paedicatio in Latin) was condemned in Rome as an act of impudicitia (immodesty or unchastity); free men, however, frequently took the active role with a young male slave, known as a catamite or puer delicatus. The latter was allowed because anal intercourse was considered equivalent to vaginal intercourse in this way; men were said to "take it like a woman" (muliebria pati, "to undergo womanly things") when they were anally penetrated, but when a man performed anal sex on a woman, she was thought of as playing the boy's role.[127] Likewise, women were believed to only be capable of anal sex or other sex acts with women if they possessed an exceptionally large clitoris or a dildo.[127] The passive partner in any of these cases was always considered a woman or a boy because being the one who penetrates was characterized as the only appropriate way for an adult male citizen to engage in sexual activity, and he was therefore considered unmanly if he was the one who was penetrated; slaves could be considered "non-citizen".[127] Although Roman men often availed themselves of their own slaves or others for anal intercourse, Roman comedies and plays presented Greek settings and characters for explicit acts of anal intercourse, and this may be indicative that the Romans thought of anal sex as something specifically "Greek".[128]

[​IMG]
    Man and woman having anal sex. Ceramic, Moche Culture. 300 C.E. Larco Museum Collection
    In Japan, records (including detailed shunga) show that some males engaged in penetrative anal intercourse with males,[129] and evidence suggestive of widespread male-female anal intercourse in a pre-modern culture can be found in the erotic vases, or stirrup-spout pots, made by the Moche people of Peru; in a survey, of a collection of these pots, it was found that 31 percent of them depicted male-female anal intercourse significantly more than any other sex act.[130] Moche pottery of this type belonged to the world of the dead, which was believed to be a reversal of life. Therefore, the reverse of common practices was often portrayed. The Larco Museum houses an erotic gallery in which this pottery is showcased.[131]

19th century anthropologist Richard Francis Burton theorized that there is a geographical Sotadic zone wherein penetrative intercourse between males is particularly prevalent and accepted; moreover he was one of the first writers to advance the premise that such an orientation is biologically determined.[132]

5. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I was hoping to talk about MJ :angry:
    [​IMG]

ilovebacon and GoshGeeGolly like this.
  6. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Dead Italian dictators that start daily shitty threads

cwok likes this.
  7. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    Hollywood (the evolution of cinema).

bennymuso and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  8. Ingens

Ingens VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Revolutionary and Civil wars.

9. Bro

Bro Oligarchical Corporatocracy VIP Gold

Reputations:
    WWI is interesting too. Trench warfare, the introduction of the tank, the first use of air planes in war.

10. RaeRae

RaeRae VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Nazi Germany
    Czarist Russia
    Silent Era Hollywood
    Civil War/Antebellum South
    Victorian Era
    British Monarchy

bennymuso likes this.
  11. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    If your interest spreads to WWII, read this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodlands

Hankjones likes this.
  12. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The Vietnam War

I was a little kid(toddler really) when it ended--it was still an open wound when I was old enough to understand it all
    when I was a kid into my early teens I would read anything I could find about it

I sometimes think I've forgotten most of it-until I see some story of the war and realize a huge amount of it is still stored away in there somewhere

13. McLennison

McLennison VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The Holocaust. This wasn't the 1200's. It was only 75 years ago. Just incredible.

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  14. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    Ancient Egypt, cause we know dick about it.

On the other hand, I have a tough time getting into central and south American ancient history, cause all the friggin names are outrageously long and unpronounceable.

bennymuso, ljc and Hankjones like this.
  15. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    I am a HUGE Charlie Chaplin fan. The 3 part Film on Film series BBC did on his movie making was one of my favorite things to watch as a kid.

16. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I have a WW2 book of some sort on my nightstand almost constantly. Nothing in modern history has affected the world as much.

bennymuso and Hankjones like this.
  17. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    For his comic acting or his poon hunting skills?

18. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Stew Nod likes this.
  19. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    So, is the casting couch a real thing?

DiamondGoddess likes this.
  20. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations: