News HIV-infected man accused of exposing two women to the virus

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Mar 30, 2015.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    HIVarrest011413236830.jpg

Daniel Cleaves, an HIV-infected man accused of exposing two women to the virus, was sentenced to 18 months in jail Monday by a judge who tacked on the condition that he no longer have unprotected sex.

Montgomery County Circuit Judge Joseph Quirk pointedly told Cleaves that of all people, he should know the emotions caused by getting HIV, telling Cleaves he “had the personal, in-your-body knowledge of what pain that might inflict.”

Cleaves, 28, was originally charged with multiple counts of violating a Maryland law that makes it illegal to “knowingly transfer or attempt to transfer the human immunodeficiency virus to another individual.” Those charges were dropped and he pleaded guilty this month to two counts of reckless endangerment. Cleaves did not tell the women, whom he met on separate nights at the same Bethesda bar, that he was HIV-positive.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...b3a238-d6d7-11e4-8103-fa84725dbf9d_story.html

2. aerostern

aerostern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's fucked up shit!!!

3. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Did you play guess the race game?

4. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sad story, but it serves as a reminder that you can still catch HIV

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  5. aerostern

aerostern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ugh his attorney argued that with the melds he's on it's virtually impossible for him to give it to someone! I say his attorney should take a load from him right up his ass!!!

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  6. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    Reminds me of this story from last week - people should have to support their claims

"Do as I say, not as I do," appears to be the message from a controversial lobbyist who claimed that the chemical in Monsanto’s Roundup weed killer was safe for humans refused to drink his own words when a French television journalist offered him a glass... "I'm not stupid," he proclaims... you be the judge...

Stew Nod likes this.