Holder: DOJ Exploring Gun Tracking Bracelets

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Phillipmcd, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    Attorney General Eric Holder said on Friday that gun tracking bracelets are something the Justice Department (DOJ) wants to “explore” as part of its gun control efforts.

“By making them either through finger print identification, the gun talks to a bracelet or something that you might wear, how guns can be used only by the person who is lawfully in possession of the weapon.”

“It’s those kinds of things that I think we want to try to explore so that we can make sure that people have the ability to enjoy their Second Amendment rights, but at the same time decreasing the misuse of weapons that lead to the kinds of things that we see on a daily basis,” Holder said.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/holder-we-want-to-explore-gun-tracking-bracelets/

2. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Can he be sent back to Africa yet? Wait, wasn't he investigating himself for the "Fast and Furious" debacle? Any negro with a pencil moustache is automatically guilty of something major.

3. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    that's another jerk off gesture that could never work, much like microstamping.Watch California be the first to embrace it and require it as part of their approved gun list boondoggle.

4. fuzzynuts

fuzzynuts 99% Relevant

Reputations:
    "shall not be infringed"

5. datchguy

Reputations:
    The Justice Department has requested $382.1 million in increased spending for its fiscal year 2014 budget for “gun safety.”
    Included in the proposal is $2 million for “Gun Safety Technology” grants, which would award prizes for technologies that are “proven to be reliable and effective.”
    President Barack Obama’s budget proposal also calls for $1.1 billion to “protect Americans from gun violence—including $182 million to support the president’s ‘Now is the Time’ gun safety initiative.”

aka corporate fucking cronyism.

6. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    First of all, gun owners won't even accept a Federal registry. So no gun lobby would ever accept shit like this. Republicans would oppose it.

Second of all, there are an estimated 290 million modern firearms in America. If all guns were shipped with this technology, there would still be hundreds of millions of guns that don't.

Lastly, the most important quality of any gun is reliability. The AK47 isn't the most popular battle rifle in the world because it looks cool. It's success is due to the fact that it goes bang every time you pull the trigger. The same goes for Glocks. Reliability is what sells. Adding a new layer of technology to an already functional product is stupid. If I'm walking down the street and a man with a knife is running towards me, I don't want to have to worry about my finger prints being read accurately.

All police departments and unions will reject this technology for their guys. Because technology isn't perfect and adding something like this is a recipe for abuse and disaster.

I love that the Justice Department is getting their cues from video games like MGSIV.

7. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Holder is a piece of shit, he and obammys reign cant end soon enough...:facepalm:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  8. datchguy

Reputations:
    Check out the President's plan to reduce gun violence. It's a fucking failure and it's strengthening State Power to create a stronger police state.

I'll only post some of them and link y'all to the .PDF, try and read this with a straight face / try not to puke.
    • Reinstate and strengthen the ban on assault weapons
    • Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds
    • Finish the job of getting armor-piercing bullets off the streets
    • Create serious punishments for gun trafficking
    • Help communities across the country keep 15,000 cops on the street
    • Take executive action to enhance tracing data
    • Finally give the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF)
    a confirmed director
    • Eliminate restrictions that force the ATF to authorize importation of dangerous
    weapons simply because of their age
    • Conduct research on the causes and prevention of gun violence, including links
    between video games, media images, and violence
    • Better understand how and when firearms are used in violent death

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/wh_now_is_the_time_full.pdf

9. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    What is Holders plan to disarm the hoods of America?
    Feral American exemption?

10. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    so much damage done.
    worst AG ever

11. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    When was the last time "armor piercing" rounds were used in a crime?

12. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
  13. datchguy

Reputations:
    Unless there are federal troops and napalm strikes in the hood, nothing will get done. They will cripple the honest, law abiding, soon to be formerly armed citizens while the baddies get a fucking pass to commit crime therefore they can declare Martial Law.

14. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    I'm not sure that I agree.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. datchguy

Reputations:
    I was fucking wondering that myself. Even in the North Hollywood Shootout those crazy bastards were using standard, off the shelf ammo, the media hype machine was calling it AP ammo, but nope: good ol' fashioned ball ammo.

16. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    A few years ago some Cleveland crackhead shot a cop with a .357. The news said that he had "armor-piercing" rounds. Turns out that he had regular lead FMJs, but caught the cop in the armpit.

Going after AP rounds is like going after silencers and flash suppressors. They are not a problem. But it sure sounds scary to some gun grabber.

17. datchguy

Reputations:
    Well not to mention that some ballistic vests are prone to failure, it's not like they're the end all be all, and yeah like the case you brought up, if you catch someone in the right (or wrong, depending on how you view it) spot, then it's game over. Was it you that was talking about the Teflon bullets?

18. JB50

JB50 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    AP rounds for pistols are already illegal.

The only ones I've seen are for 50 BMG.

19. Bethstampon

Bethstampon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The cops napalmed some gang hold-out in South Philly in 70's or early 80's I think...burned up a bunch of the hood. Someone local from up there fact-check me on this?

Got this from my cousin who grew up there...

20. datchguy

Reputations:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOVE