Holy shit, how pathetic...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    In the "examples of how cheap Howard stern is" thread, I posted a link to www.howardstern.com. While this is, indeed, an example of how cheap Howard is, I then went to the website to discover something even more pathetic...

I don't know how long they've been doing this, but the reasoning behind it is glaringly obvious. Howard realized that his popularity and audience levels are in the absolute shitter, and one reason for this is that the audience feels ripped off. People are being asked to pay for Sirius, and in return, they saw first Fridays, then Thursdays just outright abolished. Not only was it taboo to talk about this, but if you were anything but an ass lathering sycophant that denied Howard ever derided people for their laziness and promised that hed be there full time, you didn't get the show.. Then came the two-day weeks and excessive vacations....

So what is it that's so pathetic? Easy. Go to the show recaps in the bottom right ans select "August 2012". He only worked 4 days or so this month, but there are about 10 to select from... Turns out they're making Howard's schedule look not so sparse by posting daily show updates for "best of" weeks now...

This only proves that Howard is aware of the dire situation his career is currently in and sufficiently so that he's ordered his staff to address the situation through clever marketing techniques.

2. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    that's a good find. What assholes...

3. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That is truly pathetic, it's interesting I don't think I've heard him go off on one of his rants about how he is still a "great value" no matter how many days he works in awhile, so in typical "I piss on my fans fashion" they try a sleazy marketing trick. Probably not that surprising considering this is the show that brings you ads for Ashley Madison, Name Your Price and Bee-zid.

4. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I believe they've been posting Best Of recaps for awhile.
    It is pathetic.

5. Keyless Chuck

Keyless Chuck Barely a VIP

Reputations:
    If you guys would quit calling Sirius to jew em out of a few more months of radio for free, by using false threats to cancel. Maybe, just maybe, Sirius would have had more money to pay Howard. Then maybe Wiggy would show up more than 4 times a month.*

:kitty:

6. Dick Gozinya

Dick Gozinya Active Member

Reputations:
    No he wouldn't. It would just be more money for his time off.

7. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
    What's wrong with posting BO recaps? I'm actually surprised they make the effort to do it on HS.com.

8. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    i don't think it proves anything. he doesn't care enough to even bother trying to be clever. i doubt he even looked at the website in years

9. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    "i doubt he even looked at the website in year"

He doesnt give a shit about his job since he won the lottery, twice. would you?

10. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I think it was Tuesday, When asked if he had met John Malone he went into one of his "I'm too cool for the room" schticks and mentioned that he hated meetings but couldn't see why Mr. Malone wouldn't meet with the man who "Controlled" 70% of the SXM audience........."Controlled" Is a very interesting word to use....No?

11. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    This.

12. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    actually, most people do their job the best they can. and when they no longer feel they want to or can do that, they retire

13. Bye You!

Reputations:

so Sirius/XM has a combined 20 listeners?

14. Bye You!

Reputations:

this used to be true. Come work with me for a day. you'll want to blow your brains out.

15. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i am sure others have pointed this out on this site, but one thing i find truly baffling about the schedule is that he spent so much time whining and crying about fans never being able to find AGT because it was on and off so much and always shifting around, does he not see how he has been doing this for years?? even on FM radio he would never tell people when he was on vacation, and thats even worse, no such thing as a DVR for radio in the old days

"Robin I just don't get it, 60 minutes is on every Sunday, when I go to CBS at 7 there it is, it doesnt change"

16. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Recent colossal Stern blunders. Howard probably overrode the advice of others.

-Lawsuit he could never win but opened up his sleazy slimy greedy business life for all to read in a PDF file

-AGT proved Stern moves the needle in the wrong direction documented for all to see each week with RATINGS.

-AGT.....the attempted rigging of a network TV show. Lets say the 'NY Post' didn't find out Cotter was a Buchwald client until after Cotter won. How could team Stern explain that?? Did they have a plan or are they just oblivious?

17. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    If I was one of the contestants who didn't make it to the finals, I'd sue over the Cotter-Buchwald-Stern relationship.

18. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Ummm, I doubt it. I'd say that the people who love what they do for a living do their job the best they can. Unfortunately, most people hate their jobs. Most people didn't get a $500 million dollar contract, followed up by a $400 million dollar contract, followed by a $20 million dollar contract for a couple of months worth of work.

Ironically, if I got paid that, I'd be skipping to work. Howard?

Not so much.

19. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    yeah, but most people have to work to survive. what i should have said was multimillionaire hosts/actors/musicians/athletes.
    i don't know of 1 person with f u money, who gives a half-asssed job performance.
    if you have a billion dollars, why work 1 second that you don't want to?

20. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :lmao: