Homeland's season three premiere gets leaked...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Sep 3, 2013.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    [h=1]Homeland's season three premiere gets leaked online nearly a month before air date as piracy hits Showtime network[/h] By Eddie Kim
    PUBLISHED: 19:17 GMT, 3 September 2013 | UPDATED: 19:22 GMT, 3 September 2013

[​IMG]

Homeland's Carrie and Brody have met their matches - this time, they're online pirates.
    In a move that caught both fans and Showtime off guard, the season-three premiere of Homeland was leaked Monday.
    The leak comes before nearly a full month before the show's September 29 premiere, and the episode is largely intact minus some visual effects and the opening credits.

In that sense, the pirated copy closely resembles the screener given out to critics at a Television Critics Association event held in July in Los Angeles, according to Variety.

And the episode has been flying off the digital shelves: More than 100,000 people downloaded the leak within hours of the file's posting, according to TorrentFreak.

Showtime has not responded to requests for comment from several publications.

Studies have suggested that the fantasy epic is one of the most-pirated shows on the planet - a fact that Bewkes cheekily dismissed as being 'better than an Emmy' in an August conference call.
    'Our experience is, it all leads to more [subscribers],' Bewkes said, adding that word-of-mouth helps HBO save on advertising.
    Homeland has been a ratings success for Showtime - its original premiere in 2011 made it Showtime's highest-rated drama premiere in eight years, and the second season only boosted ratings numbers.
    December's season-two finale drew a series-high 2.3 million viewers, according to Entertainment Weekly; it will be worth seeing how the upcoming premiere fares in comparison.

Well I've seen it already.. :secret:

It's funny, they have a scene of a parking lot and talk about the crater that's there.

2. Hamptons

Hamptons Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Showtime used to "leak" the first episode of Dexter all the time to get subscriptions up

3. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Show is stupid.

They have a guy drive a huge SUV up to the front door of a CIA building and detonate a bomb in it and we are all suppose to pretend there are zero, none, nada cameras aimed at the building showing that it wasn't the ginger getting out.

4. Mojopin

Mojopin Resplendent in his frock VIP

Reputations:
  5. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Hstern

6. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    did anybody watch it?

I read the audio still needed dubbed in a few places as the voices dont match the characters.

just wanted to know if it was worth watching...

7. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Vampires and Gingers do not show up on film. The car would've looked empty to the camera.

8. SternNation

SternNation New Member

Reputations:
    Wow crazy this leaked so early. There are tons of copies out on all the different torrent sites. You really think they would purposely leak it that early? I never figured it out.. They pass out tons of screeners all the time. It just takes one person to borrow this or come across it for a few minutes and it's copied and uploaded somewhere on the internet. I guess seeing the first episode of the new season could make some people want to subscribe to Showtime. I love Showtime and HBO so I have them already.

9. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    Morena Baccarin NSFW .gif
    [​IMG]