"Hood Disease" Coming Soon To A Ghetto Near You

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by booybob, May 16, 2014.

1. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Really, are you fucking kidding me.
    How about you stop turning your neighborhoods into war zones, problem solved.

I wonder how long until a tax increase will be asked for to cover the needs of the poor inner city youth who suffer from this debilitating disease.
    How long until they start to bus whitey into the ghetto or bus the ghetto to the suburbs in the name of fairness?

[h=2]Latest News[/h]
    [h=1]Hood Disease: Inner City Oakland Youth Suffering From Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder[/h] May 16, 2014 12:30 AM

Share on email 34
    View Comments

[h=4]Related Tags:[/h]

[​IMG] Wendy Tokuda Wendy Tokuda has anchored and reported in the Bay Area for nearly 30...

OAKLAND (KPIX 5) — In the inner city, a health problem is making it harder for young people to learn. The Centers for Disease Control said 30 percent of inner city kids suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
    The CDC said these children often live in virtual war zones. Doctors at Harvard said they actually suffer from a more complex form of PTSD that some call “hood disease.â€

Unlike soldiers, children in the inner city never leave the combat zone. They often experience trauma, repeatedly.
    “You could take anyone who is experiencing the symptoms of PTSD, and the things we are currently emphasizing in school will fall off their radar. Because frankly it does not matter in our biology if we don’t survive the walk home,†said Jeff Duncan-Andrade, Ph.D. of San Francisco State University.
    In Oakland, about two thirds of the murders last year were actually clustered in East Oakland, 59 people killed.
    Teachers and administrators who graduated from Fremont High School in East Oakland and have gone back to work there spoke with KPIX 5.
    “These cards that (students) are suddenly wearing around their neck that say ‘Rest in peace.’ You have some kids that are walking around with six of them. Laminated cards that are tributes to their slain friends,†said teacher Jasmene Miranda.
    Jaliza Collins, also a teacher at Fremont, said, “It’s depression, it’s stress, it’s withdrawal, it’s denial. It’s so many things that is encompassed and embodied in them. And when somebody pushes that one button where it can be like, ‘please go have a seat,’ and that can be the one thing that just sets them off.â€
    In 2013, there were 47 recorded lockdowns in Oakland public schools – again, almost all in East and West Oakland.
    Students at Fremont High showed where one classmate was shot.
    “If someone got shot that they knew or that they cared about…they’re going to be numb,†one student said. “If someone else in their family got shot and killed they will be sad, they will be isolated because I have been through that.â€
    Gun violence is only one of the traumas or stressors in concentrated areas of deep poverty.

“Its kids are unsafe, they’re not well fed,†Duncan-Andrade said. “And when you start stacking those kids of stressors on top of each other, that’s when youget these kinds of negative health outcomes that seriously disrupt school performance.â€

2. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    wow...shocking information.
    Who knew growing up in a shitty neighborhood sucked?

3. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    why u obsessed with the blaecks all the time.

4. Chatsworth

Chatsworth Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It's good to see a member of the media step in, identify a problem and not turn right around and blame it all on raaaasssssizmmss. It's sad to think that these kids grow up never hearing their fathers say "I'm proud of you."

Next up- what passes for Black "leadership" need to step up and show that they care. We can start with the one-percenters- where the fuck are you Oprah?

5. MorningSong13

MorningSong13 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I thought this was going to be about a clitoral STD.

6. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    maybe if they go to school, concentrate and get good grades they can get out of the ghetto.

but no, it's always easier to blame everything on white people.

7. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Another attempt by the Left to dispose of the notion of accountability. Black men who get it, like Bill Cosby, are deemed foolish Uncle Toms and are ignored.

8. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Sounds like someone else out there wants more of his money to "solve" this problem, while refusing to actually address the problem at its source, shitty people who make these neighborhoods what they are. So who's the obsessed one? Is it an "obsession" to want to be left alone and let those who fuck their chldren up do the "fixing"?

9. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...i was suffering from ptsd when i had to drive my butter cream yellow coupe de ville into oakland every day to put up a small high rise for american president lines on 11th and broadway. i also did the city center in oakland where the bart train transfer terminal is. i was having lunch on the plaza with a workmate who was black and some black dude, oakland resident was irate that i was sharing a table with this black guy. as far as jobs go there is plenty of opportunity for the people of oakland and oakland only. i was refused jobs i was qualified for because i wasnt an oakland resident. everybodys looking to get on ssdi. oakland is a shithole unless excepting a couple of small pocket communities.

10. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    It can't be great going to a chaotic violent school. But blacks had it far far worse 50 years ago, often being actively denied opportunities that are now provided free of charge merely for the asking, yet they produced far superior functioning human beings 50 years ago than today. Maybe the "solutions" introduced at the time are actually the problem.

It is virtually impossible for a person living in poverty today to not obtain a 4 year college degree from a university free of charge and mostly free of debt unless he chooses to himself fuck it up with his own foolishness. It is fairly easy to obtain a subsidized graduate degree if one is above average in intelligence and in the appropriate course of study (not AA studies). A black university graduate with a marketable major and good grades and some real-world work experience will step out of school, have corporations with quotas to meet waiting in line for him, and in his early 20's be making far more money than the average American does. If you're so stupid you blow that then you deserve whatever life hands you.

At some point people are going to have to face facts. Loser idiot un-helpable dumb fucks have been and always will be with us. If you want fewer of them, just don't encourage and reward them so much for being dumb fucks. Nothing motivates like need. If your needs of the moment are being supplied you are less motivated to do what it takes to improve your station in life.

Blacks certainly do not have a monopoly on this sort of stupidity. But they have a better built-in excuse for it. Not to fret, Whites are rapidly catching up in this area.

11. scoobyla

Reputations:
    Wrong.
    Why don't you type those words to the people you vote for, because like me, they aren't obsessed with making internet posts about it either.
    What do you feel is more fruitful, obsessively making posts all day and blaming "the liberals" while voting for liberals(albeit republican ones), or voting for people that would implement policies that would do something.
    Why doesn't he post less, and work more, so he can move to a white neighborhood so his children are left alone?
    How does making threads about it cause him to be left alone?
    The fact is, he doesn't want it addressed or fixed, because it's too much fun making threads about it.

12. fuzzynuts

fuzzynuts 99% Relevant

Reputations:
    God bless the sickle cell. [​IMG]

13. todd packer

todd packer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

14. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Did the Wig have Hood Disease? :dontknow:

15. Beths Arab

Beths Arab Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    What an absolutely horrible thing to say.:golfclap:

16. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    typing those words to politicians probably has less effect than typing them on a message board. :jj:

17. scoobyla

Reputations:
    Agreed.
    But I wasn't suggesting that. Question was of SL's post, not the ops.

18. Phan Neepack

Phan Neepack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...... Almost as interesting as when the Oakland, California school board passed a resolution recognizing the legitimacy of "Ebonics " as a language, in 1996

19. scoobyla

Reputations:
    IMO, none of this stuff matters much either way. because any kid who wants to make use of the resources available, can be very successful in life. And any kid who doesn't care to learn, isnt goina learn no matter what method u use or how much money u spend.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  20. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Sal Governale's cock has hood disease.