Horns

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by boognishstern, Oct 4, 2014.

1. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

for those interested a br rip leaked yesterday. got mixed to negative reviews. just got done watching it & I thought it was pretty fucking interesting, that is if you can get past harry potters horrible american accent. adapted from a novel written by stephen king's son.

smichal likes this.
  2. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't know what that is but your picture makes me realize I haven't listened to Ween in years and I wish they had a new album

3. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  4. boognishstern

Reputations:
    do you know they're done? fuckin' gener went on the sobriety deep end & kinda severed ties with deaner.

greyt likes this.
  5. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:

yeah, I know. I had a friend who was at this show in Vancouver where things really went downhill. it makes me a little sad....they seemed so close and in sync, especially on those early albums they made alone. getting old just sucks, I guess.

although I'd bet money that they get back together someday. even if it's only because they need the cash.

http://www.straight.com/music/ween-completely-blows-it-bizarre-vancouver-show

boognishstern likes this.
  6. boognishstern

Reputations:
    yeah, that was a drunken mess. I had a burger with aaron the last time he was in syracuse for a solo show just by dumb luck. went to his show @ the wescott & then went to the little gem diner for some food, in walks gener. he was cool, sat in the booth right next to us and talked to us til like 2am. he was with this reealy skanky bitch, luckily she was pretty quiet. We never brought up the ween stuff, it was really fresh at the time. I think there's something more underlying with the breakup. I'm more of a deaner guy

7. boognishstern

Reputations:
    heroin's a hell of a drug

8. Richard Tucker

Richard Tucker Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Aaron has kinda turned into the sort of pretentious douche he always used to rip on. His new album is OK at best. Same with new Moistboyz.

The world NEEDS Ween.

9. Richard Tucker

Reputations:
    One the first night of Gener's 2010 solo tour, by buddy sold him a bag of Meth. He was on fire that night. One of the best shows I've seen.

The next night's show in Louisville was, by almost all accounts, absolutely horrible. I like to think my friend's speed had something to do with that.

Thing is, Aaron said he left Ween to stay sober, none of the other guys respected him enough to not drink around him, he sat alone in his own dressing room, wah, wah, etc. But he was high as a fuckin kite for his whole solo tour. Why couldn't he have just given the Ween a rest and gotten well? He didn't have to kill it.

10. Richard Tucker

Reputations:
    Have you heard Caesar? Its the quebec demos that Mickey released. There's a whole album's worth of really good, unheard shit on it.

11. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:

yep, they're great. Quebec is my favourite ween album so I instantly liked the Caesar demos. you know a band like Ween must have a vault full of unreleased demos and weird stuff, probably going back to the 80s. it'd be cool if they released more of it.

I only listened to La Cucaracha once or twice when it came out and it really didn't do much for me....right now it's my least favourite, even though I don't remember any of it. i'm going to have to download it and have a few beers tomorrow to see if i'm into it now

boognishstern and Richard Tucker like this.
  12. Richard Tucker

Reputations:
    There's some good songs on the Cockroach; Fiesta, Object, Sweetheart, Your Party, but its not a great album.

As far as demos, they said they had something like 50-100 demos for La Cucaracha alone. There's an old video of them that shows garbage bags/boxes completely filled with demo tapes. Hell, I'm pretty sure I have more "unreleased" demos than actual studio tracks. Some are pretty awful, but others are simply amazing and make you wonder HOW and WHY they'd be excluded.

13. Richard Tucker

Reputations:
    Also, Woman and Man from La Cucaracha is basically Zeppelin's Achilles Last Stand with a shitty two minute intro. Which means its bad ass once you get past the really horrible part.

14. boognishstern

Reputations:
    it seems like their best stuff is their unreleased stuff, always has been...the long beach island sessions in particularfor me.

Richard Tucker likes this.
  15. boognishstern

Reputations:
    my good friends first dance at his wedding was to "a tear for eddie" played impeccably by his band "the isotopes" , cool surf rock band out of rochester i urge people to check out.

16. Richard Tucker

Reputations:
    The LBI tape makes me feel conflicted. It has some great songs (Be My Wife is absolutely beautiful and heartbreaking), but they also asked that the tape not be shared because its stolen. So I feel guilty listening to it.

Do you have the whole tape? I only have 4-5 songs from it, none are the White Pepper demos.

17. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    you guys are more hardcore than me. besides the Caesar demos I only know the studio albums. I guess Shinola is technically unreleased stuff and it's really great too.

18. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I derailed the hell out of this thread

RoachCoachJokes and smichal like this.
  19. boognishstern

Reputations:
    I think i have it all...heres my tracklist:

01. Bananas and Blow
    02. Put Your Boobs On