Hot New Investment Opportunity! Ashley Madison to Go Public with IPO

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MyLazyHand, Apr 16, 2015.

1. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Ashley Madison betting European attitudes more amenable to IPO

Aashika Jain
    Reuters
    Published Wednesday, Apr. 15 2015, 3:44 PM EDT
    Last updated Wednesday, Apr. 15 2015, 3:45 PM EDT

Ashley Madison, an online dating agency for cheating spouses, is betting on Europe’s “laissez faire” attitude to extramarital affairs to succeed in London where it failed in North America.

The website’s Canadian parent plans to raise up to $200-million by listing its shares in London this year, five years after a lack of investor appetite caused it to pull an attempt to list at home.

“In Europe, we have simply got a more laissez faire attitude towards a business such as ours,” Christoph Kraemer, director of international relations for Ashley Madison, told Reuters on Wednesday.

With more than 34 million members worldwide, Ashley Madison claims to be the world’s second-largest dating website. Only Match.com, owned by media mogul Barry Diller’s IAC/InterActive Corp, is bigger.

Avid Life Media, the parent company of Ashley Madison and websites such as Cougarlife.com and EstablishedMen.com, values itself at $1-billion. It reported revenue of $115-million in 2014, up 45 per cent from the preceding year.

The plan to list in London was first reported by Bloomberg.

The company plans to launch its services in Russia, Ukraine and the Baltic states in late May or June, Kraemer told Reuters. Membership is growing quickest in India, South Korea and Japan.

Visitors to Ashley Madison’s website – tagline ‘Life is short. Have an affair’ – are greeted by a blonde woman, eyes out of shot and extending her finger across her lips in a shushing gesture. She is wearing what appears to be a wedding ring.

The site allows members to sign up without disclosing personal information such as their name, telephone number or home address.

“It is for people who are married, who are seeking an affair and want to do so in a discreet environment,” Kraemer said.
    Sometimes, he says, the website can even help married couples.

“The response we get from our members who have actually had an affair via the website is that they feel happier, invigorated and transmit that happiness, which actually reinforces and ignites a spark in their marriage and relationships,” he said.

2. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    Dating website--lol

3. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
  4. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    vile. that is the only word i can think of that appiies to this.
    i've always assumed the "housewives" were hookers.

CrucifiedAGT and reno like this.
  5. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    hope it bombs disgusting pig fuckers

6. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    as I get older I kind of understand the website, I know a few people in sexless marriages, one of the spouses got fat and ugly but they still love each other, they have nice houses, 3+ kids.....It's just an urge, you do what you gotta do then go home.

reno likes this.
  7. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If you are so desperate for sex outside of marriage go get a massage and a hand job. Idiots posting their pictures online on a cheaters website, it's really unbelievable that someone would be that stupid.

Head Censor and reno like this.
  8. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Who are you? Noel Biderman?

9. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    those commercials
    especially the latest one where the husband finds the wife's account online

they really rile me up
    I have no idea why they get me so bothered but I have actually considered punching my wife after hearing them
    and I have zero indication she's ever cheated in any manner

those commercials are really offensive

10. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Howard believed in this shitty web site so much that he was the only sponsor I ever heard promoting it.
    I wonder how much he plans on investing ?
    Hope it does down fast. Like he does.. hey ohhh.

Head Censor likes this.
  11. Captain

Captain Alto, Blanco y Guapo Gold

Reputations:
    You know, I think I have a place in my book-of-super-stock-certificates for this one. I will put it right between "pets.com" and "Enron."

Beffquus likes this.
  12. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Howard: "Beth, someone used Beth Stern as their Ashley Madison screen name, can you believe it?"

Beth: "Well, I didn't want to use Ostrosky, someone might have known it was me."

rabbigottfried and Head Censor like this.
  13. lurk

lurk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If this IPO comes off it is the nail in that coffin that we are in another tech bubble.

14. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    "I thought they brought me into this to be a partner, Robin."

15. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    ETSY went public today at $16.00 per share. They've never made a profit, and they don't really have a plan to do so.

The stock was up 116% this morning.

BUBBLE

BethSucks and BringBackJackie like this.
  16. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Its ridiculous the way it works, so thats why you stay away from all IPOS until lock up expiration. For those who don't know, this is how it works:

A stock is to go public and a price is set for example at $20.00 a share. But the only people in the universe paying 20 a share are the owners of the company and the underwriters, so on the first day of trading anyone in the common market will pay say $40 a share. Now the stock will be highly volatile because there are not that many shares on the market because by law the underwriters and owners of the initial shares cannot sell until usually 180 days after the IPO goes public.

In that 180 days the underwriters will usually continue to purchase shares to artificially jack up the price, but they are also shorting very heavy at the same time to hedge their bets. Once the lock up expires? Watch out. The market will be FLOODED with shares and the increase supply with lower demand will drive the price way down. But what do the underwriters care? They got in at $20, artificially inflated the stock to $60, took their $40 a share and let everyone else get fucked in the ass. Once the stock drops somewhere around the initial market price that it was commonly available, then you see what a stock is truly worth where market manipulation is far more difficult.

This is also known as the GoPro effect and in my opinion is happening right now with Shake Shack.

17. BooeyBanana

BooeyBanana Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If you this website..get divorced...

18. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    SugarDaddyForMe.com cuts right to the chase, and you don't have to have your pic up for the whores to contact you. They don't care what you look like, as long as the cash is green.

19. Chicken Soda

Chicken Soda Unknown Member

Reputations:
    How can a site that scams their members with fake profiles not get shut down?