How bad will this Russian bullshit fuck us at the gas pump?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Mar 4, 2014.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Its that time of the year when gas prices go up for no fucking reason... yea, yea I heard the bullshit reasons so spare me

I am for people fighting for their freedom but funny how that always seems to fuck us in the ass at the gas pump..

If we get into a pissing contest with Russia gas prices will go north of $6 quicker than you can say Putin's nipples

I say this is Europe's problem not ours... the only time I give a shit about Russian affairs is when I am ordering a Red Bull and Vodka

2. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    The time for this discussion was when gas was around 2.00/gallon. It's been established that we will pay whatever they want to charge us. It's good for the environment, you see.

3. slab0meat

slab0meat negative creep

Reputations:
    The usual story:

Gas up, news story says price of a barrel of oil went up...

Then, the price of a barrel goes down, and the next article says, "Well, there are many factors, not just the price of a barrel of oil" and spews some more lame shit. What a fucking racket.

4. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Nothing is impeding Russian production and they can't afford not to continue selling.

5. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    i totally agree with X that this Europe's problem but if NATO gets involved then were in it with them.

6. Chatsworth

Chatsworth Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Come at me Bro!

[​IMG]

7. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:
  8. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ^ ^ ^

9. Dilkington

Dilkington Active Member

Reputations:
    God, this photo of Obama, really really :facepalm:

10. Dreamking

Dreamking The dogs of doom are howlin' low...

Reputations:
    Amazing how you can turn the most profitable corporation on the planet, fisting us in the ass yet again, into some sort of liberal agenda bullet point.

11. CaptainFrank

CaptainFrank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

A young KGB officer Putin playing the part of a Soviet Dad at a meeting with Reagan. Wonder if the Secret Service knew this bare handed killer was this close to the President?

12. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    Even you have to admit it's a pretty funny picture.

13. Dreamking

Dreamking The dogs of doom are howlin' low...

Reputations:
    You silly MF'rs must have been playing GTA while Obama's been capping people all over the planet. Willful blindness.

14. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    The level of economic ignorance in our nation is disheartening, to say the least. Ask your self a few simple questions.

If they can conspire to raise prices why do they ever lower them?

The price of oil and finished products like gasoline is determined on commodity exchanges, where thousands if not millions of players make offers and bids. How exactly do they all work to keep prices high?

Dreaded oil companies are always pushing to drill more, with others fighting to stop them for various reasons. If they want higher prices for their existing wells by artificially limiting supply (remember supply vs demand?) how does more oil drilled equate with higher prices?

Does it occur to you that demand for oil and its products rises and falls seasonally for a reason? Are prices for Christmas decorations "manipulated" by "speculators" in November vs January?

Why does WTI oil here sell for less than oil in most other parts of the world (Brent Crude)? You think maybe methods and difficulties of delivery, as well as differing demand, have something to do with that?

What about the varying grades (light sweet vs heavy oil, etc) available in different parts of the world? Wouldn't that affect prices? Most of the new oil being found and exploited here is more expensive to both drill and refine.

If not prices, what other method could accurately distribute gasoline to where it is most needed? If we tried to hold prices down artificially, why would oil companies sell it to us? If oil cost $90bbl to drill and we made laws saying they can't sell it for more than $90bbl, why would they continue exploration and even drilling? What happens then when shortages arise?

What about India and China, with a combined population EIGHT TIMES that of the US or EZ? They're undergoing massive economic growth, from riding bicycles a generation ago to buying real cars today. Their economies consume massive amounts of oil. If their use is many times greater than before, while supplies have risen only gradually, wouldn't that cause higher prices as users bid up the price for scarce oil?

What does the term "priced on the margin" mean? If the world produces X bbl's/day of oil and demand is higher, how, other than price increases, would that demand be sorted out? Would we continue to drive to the mall for fun while cars sat idle in India? No, price increases mean we drive less and consume less and there is oil/gas available for Indians.

How is oil production going vs. demand? Production seems to have leveled off ("peak oil theory"). This is more accurately known as "peak cheap oil". More oil is available, but until prices rise it isn't profitable to go get it and bring it to market. So it won't get drilled.
    [​IMG]

Looks like while we try to use less oil the emerging markets are growing and using even more.
    [​IMG]

How exactly do they keep prices low if there is more demand than supply?

What happens if they can't sell oil for a profit? Do we try to force companies to sell it at a loss?

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10000872396390443687504577563383982418536
    Who's really gouging you?

Finally, the "cost" of gasoline rising from the current $3.25/gal (here) to the all-time peak of about $4.25/gal (2006???) is a whopping $50/month for a typical 15,000 miles a year/25mpg car. If that is akin to taking it up the ass for you, you might want to consider a part-time night job.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  15. chapped

Reputations:

What if they can't make a profit? ?

Yea ExxonMobil has been barley making it right?

Give me a fucking break. ..

Boohoo they only made $71 billion in profits in one year. ..

Which justifies the hundreds of millions in tax breaks they get every fucking year

Or the years they don't pay federal taxes... boohoo cry us a river

Guess what ?....some of us don't have jobs where we can afford to take trips to bowling alleys. .. Some of us settled on jobs that take them to Europe and the rest of the world

So you got us beat there pal.. congrats

16. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Gas prices for regular are already up to between 3.95 and 3.99 a gallon in North OC :(

17. chapped

Reputations:
    It's the same here in Diego...
    Which will seem cheap if asshole Obama wants to have a cock-off with Russia

18. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    You misread me, kind sir.

The part about the environment was meant tongue and cheek.

I will say it again. There is no reason that we should be paying more than 2.00 per gallon. There was a time when America would have gone to war to prevent such a threat to our economy. I'm still waiting for the return on all the Iraqi oil we confiscated.

19. chapped

Reputations:
    Didn't you hear?

The people that started that war said that once Iraq is back to normal we will get all this cheap oil and the war will pay for itself!

This is after they greet us as liberators

20. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    The price of Oil is far more based on the weakness of our currency, since the market price is based on the dollar, the fiat dollar at that, rather than supply and demand.

[video=youtube;S8WReKlUFP4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8WReKlUFP4[/video]