How come the best of tapes never play the Imus rants?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ganggreen87, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Ganggreen87

Ganggreen87 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Remember those great rants howard did in the late 90's for weeks ranting about Imus' cancer ranch and his trophy attention seeking wife? The ones that made fun of her books and tv appearances? At one point it got so heated Don called the show and they went at it on the air. Remember

How come the best of tapes never play this rants? Hmmmmmm

2. Imus O Sternsky

Imus O Sternsky VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It wasn't really a war Robin. Don said something nice about me in an interview. I wrote him to thank him and he wrote me back and we are great friends now. As a matter of fact Beth will be on the Imus tv show soon to promote her new book. Bobo you're on the air

3. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    As Plughead stares over at Beefus, he has to be thinking "Maybe Dierdre Imus was a pretty good catch after all."

4. sugarbear

sugarbear Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Don't you remember... He's evolved.

I dont have Sirius, so I haven't listened to his show regularly since he left terrestrial radio, so I rely on YouTube to hear some of the bits (thanks to all who record and upload). When I heard about the infamous kittengate from last year I looked it up and after watching, the very first thought that came to my mind was, "isn't this the same shit he used to goof on Imus about? Replace cancer ranch with kittens and you have basically the same story line"

He of course would deny and say it is nothing alike.

5. Halloween

Halloween Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Revisionist history. They deleted those clips from the archive so it never happened! Howard and Imus have always been on good terms! All those YouTube clips of Howard wishing death upon him and insulting his cancer ranch must be fake or something.

6. bznick

bznick Hustling, Flowing, and Hating! Gold

Reputations:
    What's this guy talking about Robin? (Fred also chiming in "huh?")... I mean when we were at NBC we had a friendly rivalry but we've always been friends. When did I ever say anything bad about Imus Robin?

Imus O Sternsky likes this.