"How Comforting to Have a Wife Who's a Big Earner Like That" - Howard on Beyonce

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Famous, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Famous

Famous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    During Howard's interview with Cee-lo, he said this:

""Do you ever fantasize about being married to a woman like Beyonce? When I think about Jay-Z and Beyonce, I think about 'wow, what a powerful couple. And how comforting to have a wife who's a big earner like that.'"

P.S., this just came out:

He's always pining after women who represent the exact opposite of Beth. Whether it's being enamored with Rachel Maddow because he finds her intelligent, or with Beyonce for her self-earned power and money-making abilities....he's always complimenting women who are nothing like Beth.

It's like he got his physical ideal, only to realize that everything else was lacking.

I do think it's interesting insight that he specifically mentions Beyonce & Jay-z power together. I've always felt that he somehow thinks that having a trophy is a powerful sort of thing. Beyonce is like that, times a thousand:

[video=youtube;CqLf2GhXP-0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqLf2GhXP-0[/video]

He goes gaga over Beth sending out "thank you" cards. Imagine she actually did something useful? lol. He goes gaga over her getting any sort of attention. Imagine she was able to command the rapt attention of a stadium full of people?

It's like he realizes how low-budget and superficial his "trophy" is. How telling is it that he constantly openly wishes for women who aren't like Beth?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  2. kicksave7

kicksave7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    His view of a wife being a "big earner" is revealing. Also, isn't this the term Tony Soprano used to describe Ralph Cifferetto(sp?) when Silvio wanted to wack him?

3. BeerCanThick

BeerCanThick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Big Earner, why would he care? He's swindled a company out of hundreds of millions of dollars for 400 hours of work a year.
    This is a marriage devoid of love and entirely predicated upon ego.

4. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I don't interpret it as a specific slam of Beth. Howard just freakin' loves money. Loves, LOVES the stuff.

Besides, the type of woman it takes to be an earner on a massive scale would not put up with all of Howard's neurotic bullshit or his conflicted sexuality (if not outright homosexuality). Beth doesn't have a choice because she loves the super rich lifestyle, but has well below average intelligence, no marketable talent, and rapidly fading looks.

5. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    and to think, if wig's wife was a big earner, he'd have some extra cash to spend

6. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    does he mind beth being a drain on his marbles?

7. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    THAT's what that rap was really about. He was musing about an earner-wife only because of what a financial drain she is and how badly it "bums him out".

Then why'd you marry her, doofus?!?

I'd love to see the grand total of what she's cost him so far, and what she's in for when he dies.

[​IMG]

8. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Ahhh the terrorist fist jab!

9. Famous

Famous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's not just the shoes and bags. It's MAJOR, MAJOR, purchases (though the clothing & accessories total millions by now, I'm sure). I do believe that Beth just highlights Howard's worst attributes anyway, but I really don't think that Howard would have built that behemoth of a house in the Hamptons without Beth. We know he wouldn't have purchased that monstrosity in Palm Beach if it weren't for her.

Most importantly, though, look at the timing of it all. He bought that second New York apartment around the time he married Beth. He later admitted that the addition was all her idea, and he said with sizable bitterness "because she needed a bigger closet." I had always thought that beforehand, but it was nice to hear it confirmed. She watches these celebs and Real Housewives with huge closets, and she can't be outdone. I also bet she said something like "if your father passes away, that way your mother can have her own wing without bothering us too much." I believe that kids were what was really in the back of her mind, along with a closet. She didn't want Howard to use an excuse of too little space. Obviously 4,000 sq. ft. isn't too little space for most normal people, but for them it would be.

She has drained him financially, as soon as she got that ring on her finger. Suddenly major expansions and re-decorations were going on.

The real question is how his staff feels about it all. Imagine you're JD, trotting into work from the subway at 4 am, and you see Beth waltz in with a dress worth one month's of your salary. Usually it's a lot easier to take if the person is at least remotely likeable. Or if the person had the least bit of decorum or humility. I guarantee that the only reason Beth is not on a show like "Real Housewives" is because Howard won't allow it.

So yeah, Howard resents her, but it's his own fault for elevating for someone who wouldn't spit on him if he were on fire, if he didn't have money and power. It'd be interesting to hear the thoughts of the people who helped build the empire, and have nothing to show for it, while the Vapid one strolls in without a care in the world.

#revolution #showsomeballs

My favorite was when Sal basically expressed all of these thoughts, but directed them at Billy Joel's wife. Gary played dumb the whole time. It's so annoying, when they all know Sal is voicing how they all feel. Sal has to hem and haw and can't even fully express himself, even about Katie Joel.

[video=youtube;Z00qoqgtgJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z00qoqgtgJw[/video]

10. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Beth was an earner as an Arabian Whorse

11. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    It was his own fault, he has no one to blame but himself. In the late 90's at the height of his power/fame he could have hooked a real A-lister or at least a solid B. Instead he chose to shop in the bargain bin...:lmao:

12. Famous

Famous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;74tPzvY4hiQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74tPzvY4hiQ[/video]

[video=youtube;QczgvUDskk0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QczgvUDskk0[/video]

Why can I totally see Howard singing along to this song and really meaning it? :jj:

I think that Howard really expected Beth to keep playing the "omg, you're so amazing, Howard" role. What a fool.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  13. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    as a transgendered man, howard's choices are limited when he wants to commit to 1 person, he needed to find someone who was willing to sacrifice sexual fulfillment for fame and fortune

14. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If Beth had success and made big bucks before she met Howard, she would not have given him the time of day. Beth only married Howard because he was mega rich. I'm sure Howard knows this. It must get a lot of talk when he goes to his psychiatrist.

15. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    I don't think it was a choice; after the fiascos of buying a stripper a Mercedes and failing to seduce Leila Arcieri with his electric curtains...........................and those are just the incidents we know about...........................he probably realized that women weren't his strong suit and decided to "play it safe".

How's that working out for him?

:facepalm:

#cautionarytale

He should have done three things when he separated from Allison:

1. hired a woman to act as a psychological surrogate mother............................a warm, loving female figure to right the Rae-wrongs, to tell him he's a good boy and build his self-esteem, and to show him unconditional love. well, as close as you can get to unconditional love while being on the payroll, anyway.

2. gone to a good the best dentist, plastic surgeon, hair-system person, and physical trainer money can buy, to try to salvage something and get him at least close to human-looking

3. then, when he was strong enough, he should have hired a cocksman to get him up to speed in the wimmins department: to teach him how to pick 'em, what types to stay away from, and most importantly, how to leave them on good terms.

But instead, he went out as damaged goods, and as like attracts like, wound up with a rescue bimba.

He didn't just flirt with disaster; he married and became it.

:facepalm:

16. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    meanwhile the greedy bastard made 95 million on his own, one of the richest men in entertainment. i can't stand listening to howard's interviews....it's always about money and cocks. a complete bore.

17. Famous

Famous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Great post, IJ. I've always said that he should have gone with a normal career woman. One that doesn't travel a lot, but has some businesses in New York or something. Someone in her 40s, who probably wouldn't need to be out so much.

The problem is that Howard really believes that he deserves a 10...and he thinks that Beth is a 10 physically. He thought that a 40 year old was too old for him, though that would have helped him avoid many of the problems he's having in his relationship with Beth. I remember him bragging to Trump about how Beth barely talks (now he says that she and her friends yenta it up, talking shit about everyone while they're out to dinner), and we know how he brags about Beth supposedly not shitting.

He could have had a nice, normal, relationship with a decent career-minded women who actually might have had a care about the old bastard, but his "must be a subservient, blow up doll" standards has created the prison that he's in. A prison where he doesn't even get to use that blow up doll. He's so stupid.

Like IJ say, his options aren't that limitless in the first place, but that's because he never tried someone who didn't live up to all of his superficial ideals (trophy in his mind, extremely young, etc.), but who would have been far more compatible.

Howard has said that he expresses some really awful thoughts when talking to his psychiatrist, and his psychiatrist must think that he's a piece of shit. I wonder what those thoughts are. I'm sure some of it is related to his kids...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  18. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

19. LobsterTails

LobsterTails Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How could Beyonce and Jay-Z be to of the list with 95 million.

Howard makes 100 million a year and Beth makes 100,000 dollars from NSAL which adds up to more than Jay-Z and Beyonce.

20. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    howard is mega-rich, hardly anyone in the business comes close. if money was power, he'd be omnipotent. i'm always sickened when he yentas about what everyone else makes. he was all about the money before he met beth, we were just duped because he "seemed" to be such a regular person with a regular wife and children.
    alison and his daughters did not fit into his lifestyle (or what he wanted to show the public). i have no doubt he settled down with beth because she was the nordic blonde (even though she's polish)that would look good when they walked into restaurants or sat courtside at knicks games.

how do you think alison would have fit in with his new image?