How Could Howard Have a Cousin (Jack Adler) Who Was In His 90's ???

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tv910, Jul 14, 2013.

1. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard mentioned several times during Geek Week that his cousin Jack Adler worked for DC Comics for many years. In one clip a former co-worker called in and told Howard he used to work with his UNCLE Jack. Howard corrected him and said that since Jack was much older most people assumed he was his Uncle but they were actually cousins. The caller seemed shocked and continued to refer to Jack as his Uncle. I checked Jack's obituary and he was 94 when he died in 2011, which would make him older than Howard's father. How could Howard have a cousin that much older than him? Anybody know how they're related?

2. Beth Eats Hay

Beth Eats Hay Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Greedy Howie is 60 and his mother is near 90 I guess.

That means Ray shit him out at about 30 years old.

Jack could have been born to one of Ben or Ray's older greedy siblings, who then gave birth to Jack at an earlier age.

Either that, or Howie's lying once again......:D

3. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:

Well, I've got three half-cousins who are older than me by roughly 20-25 years, made possible because we share the same grandfather, whose first wife (their paternal grandmother) died young. Our mutual paternal grandfather married again and had three more kids including my father. It didn't make sense to me as a kid why I was so much younger than them, but it makes perfect sense now.

My oldest cousin is about 46, and my youngest is about 18. These things happen.

4. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    At summer camp there was a kid who went that was my age, and his uncle also attended. But his uncle wasn't in our cabin, as he was 2 or 3 years younger than his nephew.

5. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    easy arithmetic fix. howard is 82 years old.

6. No Head Games

No Head Games Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    As OJ would say...it happens.

7. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's what I was wondering, he seems to get some sort of sick satisfaction out of lying about minor details. Howard also only refers to Jack as a "colorist" when according to his obituary he became a vice-president of DC Comics. I suspect Howard's family was actually a lot better off financially than he claims and maybe saying Jack was his cousin helps preserve the illusion that his parents lived in poverty. I also have some cousins who are considerably older than me but none that are older than my father.

8. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It could be one of those "cousin once or twice removed" sort of thing. Not one of Ben's or Ray's siblings. Cousin by marriage not blood. But most likely just part of the false reality Howard has created for himself.

9. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    My mom has cousins her age which I call my cousins. Its not something uncommon.