How Good is My New Boss?

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by MyLazyHand, Oct 13, 2010.

1. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    This is all true, I swear it so.

I work for one of the largest companies on the planet. Over $40 billion in annual sales.
    I just got re-org'ed to a new boss, someone I think may be the world's biggest asshole. He is based a few states away.

We had an out-of-town meeting yesterday. About 15 of us were there, many of whom work for him. He led the meeting.

1) He instructed us we were to wear WWJD wristbands and he expected to see them "prominently displayed" at our desks or on our wrists when he visited our regional offices. He passed them out an insisted we wear them.

2) During travel through the meeting city, he asked us why that city was so good. He informed us the reason it was so good was due to the lack of minorities.

3) While out at dinner, he pointed out two gay men as "poofers" and "homos." How he knew they were gay was a mystery to me.

4) At dinner he suggested that we really needed to round up immigrants and put them into forced labor camps.

5) He explained the "20-80 Rule" as being when 20% of 20% of your customers provide 80% of your opportunity to make 20% margins.

6) He told us we were "broken" and he was here to "fix us." This was interesting given that he's never spent five minutes with me (or many others). Heck, I've only worked there for five months. How broken could I be? Oh, and it was all of us who were no good. The whole group was present.

This guy is hard to believe. I could print another 100 idiotic ideas he has or his feelings about children, women, or Democrats.

Can you believe he's actually in a role of any authority at all?

Now, I have my own business, and my "real job" comprises less than half of my annual income. I don't take shit from anyone these days, and I respect people who earn it. However, as I looked at him, I wondered where I could hit him to do the most damage the quickest.

Thoughts?

2. gilaet

gilaet Xanax Service Dog Staff Member

Reputations:
    You work for Wal-Mart?

3. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    I think WalMart has a better screening process for managers.

4. bill

bill Goofballa from Ding Dong U VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Wow, where to start. My first guess is that you work at the largest company in DE. Sometimes huge companies have more entrenched bureaucracies than the gummint itself. I would think that many of the bullet items above are either illegal or at least against company policy. Please tell me there is a recording of his diatribe. I'm guessing there isn't if you didn't mention it. Did you get any feedback from the others there as to their take on what was said? If several of you formally complained in writing about the most offensive of his statements, you should be able to get him shit canned, IMO. You got a lawyer you could run this by?

Fuck, man! I'm glad I'm out to pasture when I hear shit like this.

5. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    He wants to ride out to see customers with us so he can ask the customers directly what is wrong with each of us.

6. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    That is extremely fucked up.

I would burn that WWJD plastic thing and quit on the spot, but that's the radical atheist in me.

Sounds like something HR/EEOC might like to know about.

(a slice to the femoral artery has been know to bleed people out lickety-split)

(there's no whispering a secret smiley?)

7. Bye You!

Reputations:
    I agree with 2kbill, but bringing it up or discussing it with others could come back to bite you. IF someone other than you reports the guy, everyone will think it's you. I have been there.

but DEFINITELY record it. Is the CEO some ultra-right wing close minded douchebag also?

8. bill

Reputations:
    From your corp website -

In Eh-eh-eh we will have an organization in which people of all backgrounds can contribute and achieve their full potential in pursuit of personal and organizational excellence.

It is the policy of Eh-eh-eh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age (within statutory limits), race, religion, color, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status with respect to hiring, promotion, demotion, transfer, recruitment, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training. Further, it is the policy of the Company not to retaliate against any employee for bringing a good faith complaint of discrimination to the attention of the Company.

9. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    Oh, I'm keeping all of that in my back pocket. I'm going to look for an exact copy of the WWJD bracelet to keep at my desk, and then mail the original to HR. He'll start looking for the mole, but alas, Jesus will be hard at work at my desk.

I don't fear him in the least. He made so many career-killer comments yesterday, I was in shock just logging them.

10. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    I dunno. We have over 300,000 employees. It's not exactly a family business.

11. k4D3t

k4D3t Reverse Apache Master VIP

Reputations:
    keep a daily journal of this stuff -- may come in handy down the road if he is creating a hostile work environment

12. nazdrowie

nazdrowie Sultan of Sweat Gold

Reputations:
    does DE still have a 0% sales tax?

sure looks like the place to be on paper

13. Jack-A-Roe

Jack-A-Roe Active Member

Reputations:
    pretend to be gay around him, get fired, sue for being a gaylord

14. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    Yeah, 0% sales tax.

It's pretty boring here. Not much to see; all flat. Beaches are nice, but the action is in Philly or Baltimore. Of course, they have minority populations, so my boss cannot recommend.

15. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    I'm not married, and I thought I caught him making a joke about me being gay yesterday. If I catch him, I plan to pull him aside and ask him which he wants: a broken nose or a call to HR. And I am deadly serious about that. Maybe both just to make me happy.

16. bill

Reputations:
    Take him to Fenwick! :jj:

17. Jack-A-Roe

Jack-A-Roe Active Member

Reputations:
    what did he say? :munch:

18. Bye You!

Reputations:
    how old is this guy?

19. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    Rehoboth is like 70% gay these days. Fenwick is gaining.

Dewey Beach is my fave.

20. Jack-A-Roe

Jack-A-Roe Active Member

Reputations:
    get him fired