How Many People Became "Default" Opie and Anthony Fans?

Discussion in 'The Anthony Cumia Show' started by BeerCanThick, Aug 27, 2013.

1. BeerCanThick

BeerCanThick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That is, you were Howard fans...
    But the 5 hours turned into 4, the 5 day a week turned into 4, turned into 3, turned into 2, turned into 100+ days of vacation a year.
    Howard 101. He's named his channel after how many shows he does in a year.

Say what you will about Opie and Anthony, but you'll get 200+ shows of 'em. They just win by default, you know?
    I still think they are a very fine show but I admit to becoming essentially a fan by default.

2. EddyG

EddyG MORON Banned User

Reputations:
    I got the best of XM October 2012,mainly for O and A. I listen to it allot more than Stern.I prefer Sterns days off,so I can have no decision between him and O and A.Sterns done,occassionally he suprises me with a good show,every 6 weeks.

3. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I became a fan years ago, with Stern in the morning and O&A in the afternoons.....Even back then i thought the O&A show was a much funnier and way more outrageous show than Stern....But when Wiggy started that gag order shit, that was the straw the broke the Aardvarks back and it was adios hypocrite....The added benefit was that didn't have a black "hole" in the studio that cackled at anything that Wiggy burped out of his ugly mug

4. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    <- convert

5. DoneWithStern

DoneWithStern Member

Reputations:

This

6. willx

willx New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I converted to O&A a little after Artie's "woe is me" stunt. I wish I had switched sooner. Between Anthony and Jimmy, it's by far the funniest show. Not to mention they have real conversations about real things.

7. RobinsBedSores

RobinsBedSores VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    You just said Jimmy was the worst?!? What is it then?

8. willx

willx New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I said his stand up is horrible. I said I think he's hilarious on the O&A show in the next sentence.

9. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:
    I became a fan of O&A when I got the XM Skydock for my car. By default it's XM so I didn't have H100 and H101. Eventually I purchased the Best of Sirius package to get those channels but for a week or so I listened to O&A and was absolutely hooked. I don't really listen much to Howard any more, but if Stern Show Shuffle is on...that's a different story.

10. Eddie Blake

Eddie Blake I love guns and cum Banned User

Reputations:
    O&A fuking suk man! So do all u O&A foreum faglets! Stein rulls!

11. I invented that

I invented that VIP Extreme Gold POTY Politics

Reputations:
    homosayswhat

don't you have AGT reruns to watch?:hswitch:

12. Eddie Blake

Reputations:
    What?

13. Eddie Blake

Reputations:
    I think you're misunderstanding me, Prince Valiant.

14. Lulz

Lulz New Member

Reputations:
    Ditto

15. qb123

qb123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's been my number one go to show since the day Stern announced AGT.

16. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I think I started listening to O&A in 2010, when XM was putting a reply of their show on Indie (Stars Too) at the time. This was before Ellis became the default morning show on that channel. After that free week I signed up for "Best Of XM" on both of my radios. Sooooo I would listen to O&A in the mornings, then Howard in the afternoons. Well one day I forgot to switch over to Howard, and heard Ron & Fez. This was on a day they were doing "Unscreened Caller Day", which was hilarious, and piqued my interest in what exactly that show is all about.

After a while, I started just listening to Ron & Fez, and would forget to turn over to Howard. But it really did take a while to break the Howard habit.

And speaking of Ron & Fez: Anyone who says Howard is the "best interviewer in the business" has never heard a Ron Bennington Unmasked. Ron was even able to make it so Alan Alda didn't come off as a pretentious cunt. THAT'S talent.

17. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wouldn't consider myself a default opie and anthony fan, I am a true fan now and have been for a few years.

I only started listneing to them at the end of 2010 thinkng that Howard would retire after the first contract.

It quickly became obvious to me whom I liked more, and in a few months they were my go to morning show while i caught howard on htv now and then.

After the agt announcement i cancelled htv and basically said goodbye to howard. His show is terrible and in truth has been going downhill since 2008. I can't speak for the quality of o&a prior to 2010, or how their show compared to Stern, but as far as i'm concerned there is no competition. I like thier show and get many laughs, I only laugh at howard here now

18. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    this times a million.

19. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    Agree. I love lil Jimmy on O&A and Artie when he was on the HSS but I hate watching their stand up. It's unwatchable IMO. They have me crying from laughter on the radio shows though :dontknow:

20. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was bored with Howard by 2008/2009. I listened to clips here and there and then in 2010 I got the best of XM.
    Howard has been boring for far longer than people think. When Neil Rogers was still on the radio I would shut off Howard and listen to him as soon as he came on the air.

I really think what killed Howard is getting old and the low testosterone that comes with aging. He went from having the funniest show to now knowing what's funny.