How many people have to be offended before you need to change something?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by JoeyG, Nov 2, 2013.

1. JoeyG

JoeyG Active Member

Reputations:
    This is regarding the people who are offended by the Washington Redskins name and logo. Apparently, there are some people who feel offended by it and want it changed. My question is how many people does it take to be offended before it becomes an issue?

2. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Black = 1
    Gay = 10
    Native Americans = 10k
    White = 200mil
    Chinese = 1 billion

3. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    It doesn't matter anymore. Pottery Barn removed a kimono and sushi chef costume from their website because the head of some bullshit "Asian American rights" group called it racist. The complaint came from Ling Woo Liu, a Chinese man, btw.

It doesn't matter that almost no Japanese Americans are actually offended. It doesn't matter that poll after poll shows that 90% of Native Americans don't find "Red Skins" offensive. It doesn't matter that several tribes have sports teams with the same fucking name. It just takes one annoying, uppity asshole who wants to be a victim.

We've become a nation of slack-jawed faggots and we've let accusations of racism become the ultimate toxic societal cancer. Knowing that, people will use trivial bullshit that doesn't impact their lives to seize some semblance of power and a means to claim victimization. Fuck them and fuck us for letting it happen.

4. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;Gl32ktem-Ps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl32ktem-Ps[/video]

5. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

6. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, but nothing will be done. Being offended is one thing. Doing something to change it is another.

7. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    One of my best friends was lecturing me about how the "Redskins" name is offensive. I've been watching football with him for 20 years he's never once mentioned how much this bothered him before. He too has fallen in line, and I told him as much in between laughing at him. I also promised never to watch a Redskins game with him ever again, as to not upset him so bad.

8. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    Well, like I said...Pottery Barn ditched the kimono and sushi chef costumes.

[​IMG]

Sure, it was days before Halloween and probably wasn't a big seller anyway, but companies are caving in right away these days. The Red Skins owner is holding strong, but that's because a name change could be catastrophic.

Remember when Victoria's Secret had to pull shit from their website and do an apology tour because Karlie Kloss wore a headdress on TV? One of the hottest things ever and those fucking drunk savages had to ruin it. They were the ones dumb enough to trust whitey. Not my problem.

[​IMG]

9. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Although I think they probably should change the name of the Redskins, I still wonder why they get so much shit but no one seems to care that Braves fans chant Indian war cries while simulating tomahawk chops during games. How is that any less offensive to Native Americans?

[video=youtube;H-EGgbxAXXU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-EGgbxAXXU[/video]

10. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  11. N Copter

N Copter Shot Dead Banned User

Reputations:
    Fuck these people. I mean really flat out just purely yell FUCK YOU!!!

If you don't like it don't watch the fucking NFL!! You don't EVER have to be offended by this name at all. if you are bothered by this it is because you are flat out choosing to watch something that annoys you.

Fucking retards.

12. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    How is that offensive exactly? What is the offense? What is the insult? What negative thing about Indians or Braves is being conveyed?

I get that some Native Americans might not want to be seen in this cartoony, generic, noble warrior way, but that's not something that football fans, or Americans in general, find to be a negative quality. Rather it's a source of inspiration to many. Something that many people strive to accomplish.

You never see angry black guys yelling, "Why you gotta depict us as wise, noble warriors? We we gotta be stoic examples of discipline and masculinity? Dat's racist!"

13. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    The Indians logo IS a bit fucked. I've said that all along.

14. N Copter

Reputations:
    Why should they change the name? If you are offended by this you need to stop watching the NFL and figure out something else to do with your time. Anyone upset by this is specifically going out of their way to be annoyed.

There are TV shows I don't watch because they are bothersome to me for one reason or another. I don't try to get them taken off the air. I just DON'T WATCH THEM.

15. AuntDolly

AuntDolly Musculature Gold

Reputations:
    Waaaay too much time spent in our society being butt-hurt over nonsense. Nice detour from putting energy into real problems.

16. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Forget getting rid of the Indians logo, I want to see the other 2 used. Those are awesome.

17. N Copter

Reputations:
    Frankly I don't give a fuck if someone finds it offensive. Don't........watch.......the........NFL. Period.

That is the answer. You in no way, shape, or form are required to watch a football game. If any of these fucking cunts are crying about it they can throw their TV out and put a block on their computer that will block anything that has to do with the NFL. "But I'm offended!!!!"

18. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    Yeah, but Ling Woo Liu and his small horde of anal retentive Mongoloids actually felt like they accomplished something. So that's all that matters.

Eventually, the Red Skins and the NFL will cave. And a few dozed "Indian leaders" will get to feel that same feeling. Forget the illiteracy and alcoholism rates on the reservation. Forget the fact that the rate of Native American households with a single parent is skyrocketing. That shit doesn't matter. A handful of assholes got a sports team to change their name! :yay:

19. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    i'll take three gross of each please.

20. Chimney Portions

Reputations:

Yeah, got ya. It was a question for Rob0729. :wigtip: