How much better would the Leah Remini interview had been if Howard did ANY research on Scientology?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by 3DayWorkWeek, Nov 6, 2015.

1. 3DayWorkWeek

3DayWorkWeek Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What a waste of time. He lightly (at best) touched on the subject. THIS IS WHY SHE'S INTERESTING AND RELEVANT AT ALL AS A GUEST NOW. When he did, he pushed his moronic belief that "all religions are the same so why single out Scientology?" (Read "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief" dumbass).

[​IMG]

For instance, the main push for becoming a "religion" in the eyes of the Scientology leadership was ECONOMIC, not spiritual. Hubbard hated the IRS (and vice-versa) and always wanted tax-exempt status. I'm not saying religions are not the oldest cash grab (they are), but they also have strong, historical spiritual underpinnings.

He asked Leah questions, and when her responses involved terminology like "suppressive persons," "OT," "Sea Org," "disconnection," "Thetan," etc, instead of following up with a "What is that?" (like a good interviewer would ask, as most of the audience might not know) Howard just moved on.

It's for those terms and actions (like forced interrogations that Leah and her mother went through, another failed follow-up by Howard), that this cult is much WORSE than most religions.

I feel like Howard's long-lasting sloppy blowjob to Scientology began with his Kirstie Alley interview.

He could have had a major, explosive turn around in his lazy interview style with this great get of an insider guest (Remini) who is already willing to be a human tell-all. But now, Howard doesn't want to ruffle ANY feather that might keep him and Gold-Digging-Whore-I mean "Beth" from being invited to ANY celebrities party or being said "Hello" to at a public event.

But, like the rest of the Howard Stern Show, the best one word description for what we get now is: LAZY.

2. bluedevil30

bluedevil30 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Catholics started out being all about the money as well. The Mormons take 10% of your earnings.

Howard spends more on his shrink than most people give to Scientology.

DinnerSocks likes this.
  3. the G-man

the G-man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    First off, Howard doing research is about as likely as Barack Obama tongue kissing Ann Coulter on national television.

Second, as you note, Howard has to play the "all religions suck" card because he can't risk offending some A list scientologist who might object to his (and Beth's) attendance at a Kimmel party.

4. BethWeave

BethWeave Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    All suck, except when it is time to say something about Israel. But he has not won over the hearts of the LA Jewish elite.

AuntDolly likes this.
  5. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    Dude, go easy. Do you have any idea how hectic Howie's meeting schedule is? The poor guy doesn't have a minute to himself to relax.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:jj:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  6. Shady_Jake

Shady_Jake Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I got her book today & I'm already about 75 pages deep. Already came across TONS of interesting shit he could have asked about rather than talking about The fucking View.

After I finish reading, I'll make a thread with all the major cliffnotes you guys may find interesting. It's a great, easy read so far & it doesn't feel like she's holding back at all.

7. Tracy

Tracy Little Miss Sunshine VIP

Reputations:
    Great post. He really came off as not only ignorant and uniformed but also apathetic and almost disinterested. If you're going into the interview clueless that might be ok, if your intention is to really get the scoop.
    He had his mind made up already about what it was all about clearly and kept interrupting her to give his ill-informed synopsis of things. Why have her there at all if you're not interested in hearing anything other than what confirms your theory? He even went so far as to answer Robins questions that were meant for Leah. After which Leah would have to correct Howard and give the correct answer.
    Very disappointing interview. Just another example of Howard being an old ignorant stick in the mud.

8. MadWoman777

MadWoman777 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is it me, or is he actually getting worse? He clipped off every sentence she started, and when she was getting to an interesting answer, he'd quickly switch to another question.
    I'm really starting to believe some sort of dementia is setting in ... or his brain is eating itself from chronic lack of calories.

9. Cain

Cain Racist Banned User

Reputations:

Look at him pretending to love everything Beth loves just so that Beth will love him. What a small and pitiful man. Be a cunt to appease a cunt. Good boy Howie, you're gonna get a nice treat for that.

10. Tracy

Tracy Little Miss Sunshine VIP

Reputations:
    I think you're right. He asked Bryan Cranston several of the same questions he asked him last time he was in. I have to think the interviewees feel insulted when this occurs. Like how do you not remember us talking about this before...? And like you said just when they're getting to the crux of their story he's cutting them off to take things in a totally different direction. Wish someone would call him out.

11. Fillmore Fingers

Fillmore Fingers Sandy Vag Banned User

Reputations:

6 almonds a day. That manorexic old fruit. When he dies, there won't be an ounce of flesh on his body for the kittens to eat.

12. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    ALL organized religion sucks.

:winner:

13. Shady_Jake

Shady_Jake Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Honestly, I was so stoked she was coming in because Scientology fascinates me for some odd reason. Most disappointing interview ever, for me at least. She's an open book & there's so many intruiging topics he could have brought up.

14. wujekcity

wujekcity Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I love when Howard claims to have read a book..........wish he would be more "honest" about that!

Tracy likes this.
  15. hypo666

hypo666 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When I look at what other religions have done to human beings over the years, scientology looks positively benign. The catholic church I think is posessed by the same devil they claim to be fighting against so much, if the devil does exist ,he must have an office in the vatican, and islam is full of insane headbangers who even want to kill each other . The protestants and the jews don't cover themselves with glory either historically.

AuntDolly and TheHighHat like this.
  16. the G-man

the G-man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I rarely listen to more than a few minutes of any interview these days, but, yeah, I think he is

17. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    It's because he doesn't listen or pay attention. He just has pre written questions that he fires off, and rushes through the interviews. He has always done this. He wants the name there, just so he can say he had that hot topic person of the month on his show, he doesn't care about their answers lol
    I mean not unless they can help him or beth get invited somewhere. And since this woman has been blacklisted by some of Hollywood, she cannot help them. So he doesn't care.

18. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Strong candidate for Dumbest Post of the Year in a very strong field this year. :up:

jackieavenger likes this.
  19. vaporizer

vaporizer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wouldn't the entire show be just that much better if he put any thought or work into anything? He shows up on Monday mornings after having done the Larry King method of preparation ("hey Gary, hand me the notes Sal, Richard, Will, Jason, and JD made for me over the weekend") and expects to have a great interview. I've heard quite a few of these new-era interviews he's done and you can't feel anything but embarrassed for the entire show that these thoughts, questions, and ideas get perpetrated in such a lax manner. I wish I could show up to my gig, do a shitty job and blame everyone else around me that "the support system isn't there for me to execute" a simple conversation.

Only if he cared...

Tracy, MadWoman777, OV and 1 other person like this.
  20. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    You're really gonna compare Catholicism to Scientology ??? Stfu you ignorant moron....