How much does this freaking animal wing cost?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ganggreen87, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Ganggreen87

Ganggreen87 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Numerous fund raisers, concerts, billionaire philanthropy money I mean how much does it cost to build a wing onto a pet shelter. Hell there are two or three shelters in Oregon and all they are is nice manufactured homes, with a huge run area and nice caged areas. This thing is gonna be the taj mahal of pet centers and they are gonna be looking fucking stupid in an area of such discrepancy of poverty to wealth building a fucking 10 million dollar cat shelter in my opinion. I think that's part of the problem

The amount of time they have fund raised for this tells me
    1.no one is really interested enough in it to begin with to give them the money they need so change the plan
    2.it is so expensive it is not realistic even for wealthy to write one check to make it go away so they put their money towards more real world issues

This is fucking ridiculous at least three years of fund raising by rich one per centers to rich one per centers and nothing. Shit we built a nice new church in two years and we have 1/20th the income as a parish Howard has alone. Wtf

noname2, XaltedSmoke, smichal and 2 others like this.
  2. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    This is what you call a socialite "charity" venture. Altogether different than a real fundraiser. Socialite charity ventures are about facetime and exposure for self purposes. Always been that way. I've been around sports figures wives who have done it. It's never about the charity itself.

I never root against anybody in life, but I call bullshit on some people. I'll leave it at that.

3. Ganggreen87

Reputations:
    This is actually spot on and I learned something here. You are one hundred percent right the purpose of this all project is to just continually non stop promote the wealthy. There probably is no pet wing but this is all just for endless Getty run images

XaltedSmoke and smichal like this.
  4. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    As mentioned recently, Howard could pay for the entirety of the Bianca's Furry Friends construction project with the change from petty cash, if he so desired. But give him credit for understanding that it's in his best interest to drag out this "fundraising" phase of the project for as long as humanly possible. Beyond the simple ego considerations, Howard knows that this undertaking is largely what's keeps Beth relevant (lower case "r") in the Hamptons' social circles. She gains a certain measure of enhanced legitimacy, minute as it may be, from the Bianca's Furry Friends annex that her work as a NSAL spokesperson alone doesn't provide. And it's a heightened status level that she's going to be loathe to surrender once the new wing of the shelter is complete.

This equates to a future headache for Howard when it eventually comes time to invent the next BethO high society status booster. Might as well put it off for as long as possible, because these supplemental vanity projects are only increasing in expense and complexity. The book was relatively easy on Howard. The only significant expense there was in buying up all the printed copies of the damn thing after it was published. Bianca's Furry Friends is significantly more involved. Who knows how much more of a pain in the ass the next one will be. And let's face it, it's not like the CEO of NSAL gives a shit when this project gets completed. As long as $400K keeps on magically finding its way into his bank account every year and the champagne fountain at the Waldorf Astoria doesn't break down, he'll be as happy as a pig in shit for however long it may take.

5. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Well...if a closet can cost 10 million, I guess a wing on an animal shelter might be around 3 or 4 billion?

6. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A lot of these "rich people" charities exist by millionaires and billionaires just exchanging money to each other's charities while enjoying the benefits of tax deductions, extravagant luncheons and parties, and varying degrees of social exposure. The problem is that to receive big money, you also have to give big money to others. Howard has never given to charities but now expects everyone to give to the beefus pet project. He is trying to rely on finding suckers to work and give to him for free, just like he has done his whole career. But so far, only schmucks like billy Joel and Rachel Ray haven bitten.

Howchie needs to open up his wallet and then some big money will come back in return.

mothra1orbit, XaltedSmoke and smichal like this.
  7. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It seems pretty clear that they are not raising a lot of money. He did the calendar what years ago? And there was never another one. They probably lost money on that. And these celebrity fund raisers probably only raise a $100k at a time. They probably have only raised $1-2 million so far because let's face it no one cares about a vanity animal shelter project.

Ganggreen87 and XaltedSmoke like this.
  8. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    If a movie producer told CuntO all she had to do was run over 100 kittens and she would have the female lead opposite The Rock in a guaranteed action blockbuster she would immediately say, "Give me the fucking keys pronto!"

9. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Beth's new closet in Florida will cost $10 million, so I figure the shelter will cost $9.7 Billion.

10. Bentknee

Bentknee Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The cat house only cost 1 million to build. The dedication party will cost 6 million.

11. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    :jj:

Speaking truth to power.

12. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    many many words

13. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It costs more per square ft than a large hospital in New York City... And he hasn't raised the $7million yet because he is irrelevant, and the cause is so non-credible that he and Beth won't contribute a dime toward it.

14. Ganggreen87

Reputations:
    I would love someone to ask him this on air. Why has it taken so long when you have so many affluent friends and are rich yourself to build this project? What is the cost what is the problem.

It should be the new wig question. I would also like someone to ask him what the difference between Imus "suckering people" with the cancer ranch is and these non stop continual fund raisers that are turning out to be funding the bridge to nowhere.

I mean at least Imus has a working ranch that kids go to by this point. this is starting to be like building time shares in boca raton and it ain't never gone get done cuz the whole thing is a scam

15. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The comparison to the Imus ranch question made it to the wrap-up show. I want to say it was ARM. not surprisingly, the call got dumped as soon as beefus' name was mentioned.

16. Vinegarette

Vinegarette Don't Believe What You Hear

Reputations:
    Could you imagine what it would be like if Beth wasn't :quote: "busy"? :quote:

17. Winst

Winst Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Follow the money.

BTW.....not that it matters much......but they all got a mentionable mention last week during
    a Lara Spencer talking segment on GMA.

[​IMG]