News How often do you get a haircut? Whaddya pay and tip?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by PropRmodulation, Feb 3, 2016.

1. PropRmodulation

PropRmodulation Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Who me?

Every 5 to 6 weeks. Barber just raised it to $22. I usually tip $5 but sometimes just round it up to $30 and tip him $8.

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  2. Jake Dog

Jake Dog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Every six weeks. She charges $18 and I give her $25

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  3. Onion

Onion Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She charges $26 and I give a $20 tip.

Once a month

Penelope and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  4. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    5-6 weeks
    just went up to $19
    $5 tip / with shampoo $6 (sometimes its late and/or rush/fitting me in and forego it)
    Same person (female) 14 years.

5. Tranquil

Tranquil Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Every 2 weeks, I cut my own hair. I usually tip myself $5, sometimes $8 if I did a good job.

6. Bristol Chicken

Bristol Chicken Free Range and Loving It Gold

Reputations:
    Every 6-8 weeks. $8 + $2 tip.
    Old school barber.

[​IMG]

scoobyla, reno, regult and 1 other person like this.
  7. fixer

fixer I'm Retarded you Jerk. On the Power.

Reputations:
    same here. Christmas 40.00 total

8. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Does any man get a $100 haircut like women do? Mine is $20, $5 tip, but several developers I work with go to major NYC salons to get their hair cut. But wtf, you're a guy just get in and get out.

9. Tickle Shits

Tickle Shits Special Needs Typist. Gold

Reputations:
    Every 10 days cut is $23 and I tip $5. I used to pay $45 and tip $10 in the shit hole of Philly..

I couldn't even imagine going past 3 week...

Summer and Hatfield like this.
  10. Snort

Snort Something witty Gold

Reputations:
    Every ten days? It's the Wolfman, everyone.

11. Daveindiego

Daveindiego Confirmed Internet Legend Gold

Reputations:
    I don't cut my hair. :smile:

12. Tickle Shits

Tickle Shits Special Needs Typist. Gold

Reputations:
    Pretty much :)

13. Javaforgotme

Javaforgotme Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Something tells me, if you're cutting your own hair - you're only getting $5

[​IMG]

Scarlett Ohara and Chrisboom like this.
  14. goldtopper

goldtopper Well Known Heterosexual Gold

Reputations:

Me too, only he was $12 and got $15. Cliff had a "man's barber shop". His sign in the window read "Cliff's barber shop bans cellphones in these premises; handguns welcome".
    He was a best friend and co-guitarist in our bluegrass band for 15 years. Poor guy was diagnosed with stomach cancer in September of '14; dead in Feb of '15. 67 years old.

John Mahlin and reno like this.
  15. PropRmodulation

Reputations:

I have gone years without a haircut too. Once you commit to a short hairstyle you have to maintain that shit.

16. stash

stash 2017 Kimbra of All Media VIP

Reputations:
    No set interval.. Last time was around 11/30.. I get it very short and then I can maintain it by going back every 4 weeks or so, OR choose to let it 'grow out'... but even if I go say 4 months, it wont be 'long'.. but it'll be a mess of course.

I had an asian lady named Julie for a long time.. Vietnamese. She ran what used to be a pro cuts before she took it over, and it was ok. But sometimes her kids would be there hanging out, or her husband, and they'd just sit there and eyeball me and annoy me. So I'd have to be an asshole. There were other little things I didnt like but the point was she cut my hair correctly. She charged 14.95 and I would give her 20 every time, for like 10 years. We got along okay.

But then I moved away and I had to find a new place, so I tried something called Style America, a chain I guess, and there was this trailer trash chick working along with a gay male. Too bad the homo was busy bc the girl was horrible, couldnt give me a simple fade, 0 to 5... Completely fubar'd me.. then had the nerve to cop an attitude when I told her she sucked. I think she admitted she was new.. and worst of all, she wasnt hot.

There was one other place, an older lady, white again but more of a blondeish type... This place was like a local walk in haircut place but more of a 'salon' twist I guess.. It was busy as fuck, so she elected to not sweep up the pile of hair on the floor from the guy I just watched her finish with, so I had to traipse through it.. let her cut my hair, gave her a tip, 5 bucks probably, and looked right at her and suggested she do a better job keeping her area clean next time and walked the fuck out.

And then I was going to try a 'barber' shop I saw online, not the kind for black guys i dont think.. but Im not sure. Never made it there bc of the fucked up business hours.

Then, finally, I found more asians. This place is like Julie's place would be ran in China I guess.. they all work their asses off, there are like 5+ stylists on deck at anytime, they smile politely and then look away and leave you alone... they dont bullshit you with stories and stuff like Julie would. They have a nice fishtank.

But even after I found this place, there was still more work to do. Because the first stylist was mildly retarded I think.. couldnt cut my hair.. I tried to be nice but she just kept doing it wrong. I had to weed her out.

And that led me to my lady I use now.. We'll call her 'Sharon'. Sharon is a petite little middle-aged workhorse of a thing who only charges 11.95. So I still spend the 20 dollars every time, but now I get to feel better about it like Im some high roller or a crusader against slave labor wages. She's very popular, you have to know when to catch her. But I've got all that worked out.

I plan to drop in on her soon.. Pushing 11 weeks now on my hair and beard..

I look homeless ._.

ShutUpSitDown likes this.
  17. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...every 6 weeks i dont know what she charges but i tip 20%. she has a 4 square thing hook to the ipad so i check 20% and sign it. nice girl been cutting my hair for 11 years now.

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  18. Mr Cachexic

Mr Cachexic Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    i keep the front nice and neat but i let the back fuckin party if yall feel me

19. PropRmodulation

Reputations:
    I used to believe the female barber/hairstylist was a better experience. The light flirting, the bewbs in your face, the shoulder and scalp massages.

I found my man Pedro though. That man can cut hair and is into his craft. He takes pride in his work.

ShutUpSitDown and regult like this.
  20. regult

regult 4 Goals...

Reputations:
    Every month, $10 and a $5 tip. Roy has been cutting my hair since I was in elementary school. He's good with keeping up on current cuts and always finishes off the edges with hot foam and straight razor. I do admit that I like coming out of there smelling like an old man from the Lucky Tiger he uses at the end. I will truly miss him when he retires.