How to shit and piss on the Space Station

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, May 11, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    WATCH: This is how astronauts use the toilet in the International Space Station
    BY Alejandro Alba
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Sunday, May 10, 2015, 7:28 PM

Have you ever wondered how and where astronauts got to the restroom? Well, wonder no more.

Samantha Cristoforetti, the Italian European Space Agency astronaut, explained the use of the space toilet in a YouTube video the ESA uploaded Friday. When nature calls, astronauts aboard the International Space Station go through a two-step process that involves a small receptacle, a rubber suction hose and a urine recycling unit.

Cristoforetti explained that when they have to pee they go to the ISS toilet cabin and pee into the rubber hose that uses suction to collect urine—which is very helpful considering everything floats in weightless conditions.

ESA via Facebook
    Astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti conducts a tour of a bathroom facility on the International Space Station.
    Once the hose collects the urine it is transported to the urine processing assembly (UPA) and it is recycled into drinkable water.

When it comes to taking a space dump, Cristoforetti said it works in a similar way. There is also a suctioning hose, but the feces is stored in a waste tank that it changed once every 10 days depending on the size of the onboard crew.

smichal and teehee like this.
  2. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You would think they could put their asshole over a little hatch and shit right into space.

PelicanWig and Caffeinated like this.
  3. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    Or at least have a space friendly copy of Hustler or Penthouse in a little magazine rack. And what about wiping your ass? Shitting is one thing but cleansing your backside is quite another. Seeing how I've been in the situation of wiping my ass 1000 times after an violent evacuation, how is that little bag going to hold all of that soiled ass tape?

Mike Huntslooce likes this.
  4. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I can tell from here that the thing they are calling a toilet is not really a toilet and therefore unacceptable. As picky as I am about where I drop a deuce, I would never make it in space.

smichal and Batwings like this.
  5. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah. But that whole "stuffing your intestines back in thru your anus" thing didn't gobover well in test runs

6. Caffeinated

Caffeinated Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :haha:

Oh that's good!