Howard accuses KOAB's narcissistic behavior a product of being smothered by his mom

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ruffypup, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    and his fear that his wife would leave him. Am I the only one who heard Howard say he gets sad when he hears that Bruno Mars song because it reminds him of his mom and that she left him. Wait this shit dont make sense. Lemme recalibrate.

2. jimbronie

jimbronie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It was so clearly Howard was transferring his feelings on king. I was actually laughing when he said that.

3. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Howard has learned just enough psychology to recognize a behavior, but not yet enough to recognize it about himself. My prescription is upping to 7 visits a week. Better just have the Dr. come on staff at Chimney Manor.

4. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    the song reminds Wiggo when his Mom gave him the silent treatment from time to time when he was younger.......How stupid is that!?!?!

5. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Laughing? You'd have thought I was in the looney bin when I heard it.......Does he not have an ounce of self awareness?

6. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    Projecting.

7. Ruffypup

Reputations:

"Howard said he got home on New Year's and it was kind of depressing. He said Beth stayed down in Mexico and she was partying with Jennifer and Jimmy and Moll"

8. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think only Howard's shrink gets to hear the Howard Stern Show that we'd all love to hear. I think Howard's able to babble all this schtick about the wife not being the mother replacement, and the husband not being the Taliban, because it's the stuff his therapist has to say to him after Howard reveals all the resentment and embarrassment and feelings of abandonment that Beth causes him. He'll never say that on the air, because he's afraid of upsetting Beth, so he'll be using his mother as his dartboard for the rest of his life.

I don't think any woman has ever shown Howard what he feels is the appropriate display of love. Not his mother, not his daughters, and certainly not Beth. He'll be in a therapist's care for the rest of his life because he won't let that thought go.

9. Sacredcow

Sacredcow Member

Reputations:
    He's a walking contradiction. That is the most obvious case of projection I have heard from The Wigged man in awhile.

10. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...why does everybodys life experience have to be so debilitating anyway? youre a grown up now howard. take what you get and move on. everybodys mother and father did the best they could based on their own abilities and demons. just take care of the moment and stop the wah wah.

11. GloriaGrace

GloriaGrace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard was just parroting what his shrinks says. His shrink sits there and listens to poor Howie whine about his Beth Oats being an absent partner and this is what he tells him. Poor KOAB couldn't put into words why it's just wrong to abandon your spouse at a party.
    What I think King was trying to say is that it's disrespectful to send your spouse home while you party on, especially when they're under the weather. I had my doubts about the marriage, but not now. That has to be the most selfish and disrespectful thing someone could do to the one they supposedly love.

12. pilo

pilo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What exactly about howards upbringing was so traumatic anyway? :dontknow:
    I hear him bring up moving to a black neighborhood like its the end of the freakin world

13. IllegalSearch

IllegalSearch Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ruff - Howard said he was upset that his mom left him? If so, when did mom leave him, left him in Roosevelt? Left him in a monestary? Clarify for me, por favor.

14. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...theres that whole naggy thing about in sickness and in health. a fair weather friend.

15. GloriaGrace

GloriaGrace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I know, eh!?!
    thats what gets me; that ridiculous woman-child has zero respect for her meal ticket. Not only that, but she's well spoiled with regards to all her expensive tastes.

16. ZevonFan

ZevonFan VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    This!

17. Coconut Sid

Coconut Sid Member

Reputations:
    A 60 year old man still bitching about his parents. It's rare when he says something positive about them on the air. I honestly feel bad for his parents. They don't seem like bad people at all yet Howard makes his childhood seem like a nightmare. Howard thinks it's abuse to tell your kid to "shut up, sit down" when they act goofy.

18. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    From Marksfriggin

Howard said nothing is as good as that ''Locked Out of Heaven'' song. Howard said he'd rather hear that song than this one. He said that song makes him sad. He said his mom used to not talk to him for days and he felt like he was locked out of heaven himself. Howard said his mother would put every thought in his head and torture him with the silence. Howard said that's why the song gets him emotionally wrecked when he hears it. Howard played more of the song and played the part that really hits him