Howard called Artie ONE time after the incident.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by username, Sep 24, 2012.

1. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    How did Howard reach out to you after the incident?
    By phone... He called me in a psych ward. Right after I came out of intensive care I went into a psych ward and Howard called me a couple times there before he even got me. There's a direct line into the psych ward that the patients are allowed to pick up at certain hours and the first couple times he tried me, these other crazy patients picked up.
    There's this one crystal meth kid who had bags under his eyes, big Howard fan. He kept talking to me about stuff, and one day he came knocking on my bedroom door there and I opened the door and he goes "Howard's on the phone," he was shaking like it was God on the phone. I just imagine Howard having a small talk with this guy. We talked for a good forty-five minutes to an hour. He was very very encouraging and I just said, "I'm thinking about you." That's how. It was very nice how he called me in the psych ward, it's crazy.
    --

Now the truth comes out. Howard talked to Artie one single time after the incident.
    That is a "bro" according to Howard.

I would love to know what they talked about.

Howard: Artie?
    Artie: Yes?
    Howard: You are fired. Bye...

2. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think I remember Artie mentioning that Howard called him more than once.

He probably only called a few times and unlike every other member of the show he has never visited him at the hospital nor met him afterwards but I think howard did a little more (emphasis on little) than you give him credit for

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  3. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    Howard is too busy with photgoraphing the horse and buying John Varvatos.

4. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    he might have called more, and artie was on sedatives (in addition to the ones he normally takes)

5. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    you really are reaching here...

he was asked a specific question about how howard reached out after the incident and artie responded to that question..it doesnt mean in any way there werent more conversations, it just means that this was how howard reached out initially

6. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    looks like howard tried to call a few times? i wouldn't call more than a few times either, can you imagine trying to get through to someone in a fucking mental ward? especially if you're a celebrity.

7. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I remember when Howard talked about that. He was complaining that it was a hassle to get the number & it was a hassle to call because it was a public phone on the floor. And he had to call at a certain time that was inconvenient for him & then some stranger answered & Howard had to ask for Artie.
    Poor Howard! He went through so much to make that call.

8. Johnny B

Johnny B Active Member

Reputations:
    We don't really know everything because in June I think Howard hung out and spoke face-to-face with Artie for over an hour at a secret location. Artie said that in a recent interview, and I don't think Howard or Artie mentioned that meeting on-air before the interview story. And for some odd reason the LOCATION where they met is top secret. Artie stressed that. He said he couldn't tell where they were and I think the story wrote it was at an "undisclosed location". Maybe they were at Robin's apartment?

9. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Or the hospital when Robin had her surgery.

10. Murphy

Murphy mglw'nafh fhthagn-ngah VIP

Reputations:

I always assumed that it was at Sirius as Artie had been there around the time of this "meeting". Maybe Artie (or Howard) wanted to clear the air before N&A started airing on Sirius? :dontknow:

11. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't think the OP's statement is entirely true, what I do know is that when Artie talks about the people who stuck with him and tried to contact him on a regular basis during his treatment he always mentions Nick, Colin Quinn, Nils Lofgren and a few others, but he never brings up Stern.
    I think Howard tried to reach out in the beginning, but like most things in Wiggies life he gave up when things got to tough to handle.

12. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ^^^ this.

and that's why you hear nick get pissed off when artie tries to spin that howard supported him through his ordeal.

artie should wake up every morning and pray to a statue of his mother, sister and nick dipaolo (in some sexual position to keep the hahas coming)

13. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Howard's assistant Laura called maybe . . .

14. Elisa Jane

Elisa Jane Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He didn't even buy him a 3D television!

15. Hateman

Hateman Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Wiggy is not Arties bro.

16. Ice Hole

Ice Hole Active Member

Reputations:
    It was in Sam Simon's Super Secret Gay Grotto at his mansion. The same place Sam and Ralph make sweet love.