Howard discusses Bloomberg Soda Ban

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by nearly.normal, Mar 17, 2013.

1. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Shut Up Slave.....

[video=youtube_share;NRFVFWvGYOs]http://youtu.be/NRFVFWvGYOs[/video]

2. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    i just don't get why anyone needs that much liquid filled with sugar or not. i mean look at that thing on the end. it looks like a quonset hut

3. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Cheetah power surge

4. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    this is the same argument the anti-gun nuts make. the issue has nothing to do with "needs" and trying to misdirect it to "needs" is just a lame derailment effort.

the issue is about "wants" and what someone wants is nobody else' business other than that individual. nobody has the right to restrict what anyone else wants so long as they do not infringe on someone else' rights.

it's the basic tenet of the Declaration of Independence, yet so many people (see how I am avoiding using the label "liberal"?) intentionally forget we all have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

if a 128oz mountain dew makes you happy, according to the ideals and beliefs this country is based upon as codified in the Declaration, Constitution and Bill of Rights nobody else in the country has the legal right to tell them they cannot buy that.

Regardless of the goodness of your stated intentions to save their health and life, nobody has the legal right to restrict their pursuit of happiness so long as that pursuit does not infringe upon the legal rights of others.

our asshole Nanny believes that money makes right, and as he has the most money in NYC he must be right. Luckily the higher courts have so far decided to tell that pompous politically correct to death asshole, that he's a meddling idiot.

don't fall in line with our arrogant idiot Nanny.

5. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    no one likes being told what to do and less government is always a good idea. we seem to have too much already as it is. but there are SO many ignorant fucks in new york who have zero direction of what's right or wrong. if this does pass, if it does anything i hope it says SLOW DOWN i dont need that gallon of this or baconator with the option to TRIPLE it.

im very wishy washy on this. i want people to be healthier but i also want it to be their choice to be healthier. maybe sometimes you have to force the issue when the people in your city have the I.Q of a traffic cone.

6. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Scum. All the people involved in this discussion are fascist piece of pig shit.

7. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    Very few people are buying those drinks that take 2 hands to hold.

If we're going talk about the healthiness of soda, we should be having a more serious discussion about the diet soda out there. Studies show diet soda to be a much more serious health risk and has been shown to cause weight gain.

8. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Bloomberg made education the major push of his first term - and he succeeded, more people graduate high school than before. Unfortunately, 80% of those graduates can't read or perform basic math. It's so bad that they can't even enter a community college without remedial reeducation. And this is the guy appointing himself as the health guru of NYC?

9. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    Howard is obsessed with power. From putting gag orders on his own staff and forcing shows like O&A to shut up "or else" he supports and advocated the ability to tell other people what they can and can't do any chance he gets.

Fuck Howard and fuck Bloomberg. They gives old, closeted, rich, cock sucking Jews a bad name!

10. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

11. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    Managers are always very pro quantity improvements while ignoring quality. Nanny thinks graduating 80% more morons is better than graduating 50% capable of reading at the college level.

12. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    If the government wanted to restrict intake of fish due to mercury levels or use of private aircraft due to CO2 production, Howard would be ranting about government intrusion in an individual's life. He's fine with restricting rights as long as it pertains to things he doesn't care about. What he doesn't get is that it's a very short slope from the government restricting soda intake to restrictions on his wants.

13. Chimney Portions

Reputations:

Are you trying to tell me that Howard would be against building huge estates on southern Long Island wetlands that are crucial to a number of species?? Perish the thought!

14. Icculus

Icculus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    THIS is why I switched to O&A long ago.

15. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Driving with earphones blasting :jj:

Guess howard hasn't come across hands free phone devices yet.

JFC. Robin is such a hypocrite. Talking about how large people are...

16. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Back when I was one of the first wave of "haters" at SFN and they were just building Chimneyland, I made the point that true animal activists wouldn't support the lowest ranked animal charity in New York state and would create a rational floor plan for their new home utilizing as little grading a possible. Off to time out I went and after I complained I was only stating facts T@H banned me.

17. nearly.normal

Reputations:
    New Bloomberg 64oz Super Glush - Now with 80% more morons!

18. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What I don't get is how is that ban going to accomplish anything anyway? So a person goes into KFC and they won't serve him more than a 16 oz Coke, but that doesn't stop him from downing a bucket of fried chicken and a side of mashed potatoes and gravy along with it. It doesn't stop a person from leaving the restaurant and going home and downing a 2 liter bottle of Coke.

I hate laws that are created because government feels people are too stupid to think for themselves and the government needs to protect them from themselves. This law is particularly stupid because, on top of that, all it is putting lipstick on a pig. It will be all for show if it finally goes into effect because it will really do absolutely nothing to stop obesity in NYC. This bill attacks the problem of obesity like trying to treat a severed arm with a band-aid.

19. nearly.normal

Reputations:
    BloomBERG makes a lot of money so obviously every decision he makes is a good one.

At least that's what I gleaned from the first clip.

20. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    That's hilarious and sad at the same time.Even when I was a "fan", I couldn't imagine defending that blatant hypocrisy. What an unrelenting, blatant scumbag!