Howard Does ALL Of The Things He Criticizes Jay Leno For.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tv910, Apr 12, 2013.

1. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So many examples, here are a few:

Says Jay "isn't a man" because he stayed with NBC after they disrespected him. / Re-signed with Sirius after they refused to pay the bonus he claims to be owed.

Says Jay is a sell-out because he stopped doing "edgy" comedy when he took the mainstream Tonight Show job. / Became a judge on AGT which mainly appeals to little kids and senior citizens and started censoring his own show.

Accuses Jay of stealing the "chicken doing football picks" bit from him. / Howard actually stole the bit from Bob & Tom.

Condemns Jay for not telling him about offering a job to Stuttering John. / Laughed about how surprised Tim Sabean's former bosses (who Howard knew personally) were when Tim gave his notice after Howard hired him.

Says Jay looks "pathetic and needy" when he high-fives audience members before his show. / Does exactly the same thing at AGT tapings.

Makes fun of Jay for saying "somebody told me ......." before reciting a pre-written joke. / Says "I read in the news where ......." when doing his lame ghost-written monologue every day.

Criticizes Jay for doing ads for junk food. / Endorses Snapple, Sherri's Berries, cupcakes, and various other products and services that are clearly scams or unhealthy.

Wonders why Jay still does stand-up gigs when he doesn't need the money. / Took the AGT gig when he doesn't need the money and claims he cut back on his radio show because he needs more free time.

Says Jay only rides around in vintage cars to get attention. / Goes to Knicks games to get on camera even though he admits he has no interest in sports and makes fun of people who do.

And of course, we all know he'll try to spin Jay's exit from the Tonight Show as some kind of defeat, even though Jay is getting paid NOT to work. That's something Howard has always wanted and would be bragging about if he was in Jay's position.

2. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Okay, it's embarrassing to admit, I watched Jay maybe a month ago. . . . . and liked it. He was doing his old "headlines" bit. Got to the first guest.

Jay came off as a likable guy.

I know, it's not the "cool" or popular thing to say. But gotta be honest.

I don't vote in elections this way, but think of it like this: Who would you rather have a beer with? Jay or Pelican?

It's an easy choice. Jay.

3. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I rarely watch any of the late night shows but I always loved the Headlines bit. It's always funnier than anything I've heard on Howard's show in years. Letterman's "Small Town News" is similar and also very good. Too bad Howard's show doesn't have any writers with talent like that.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  4. Kokonut

Kokonut Active Member

Reputations:
    Howard always projects his deficiencies as a person onto others. He always trashed Carson and Wally George for neglecting their kids because Howard was doing the same thing with his 3 daughters.