Howard effect - Here Comes The Boom

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Morrisb, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Rotten Tomatoes

21% Taken 2 $22.5M
    94% Argo $20.1M
    62% Sinister $18.2M
    44% Hotel Translyvania $17.3M
    44% Here Comes The Boom $12.0M
    :lol:

2. Howard Stork

Howard Stork "Big Nosed and Jewish"

Reputations:
    Howchie likes shitty movies.

If I ever need a nap, I put on the latest movie Howchie plugs. I sleep like a baby.

3. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
  4. gridlockd

gridlockd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You're right. Argo did pretty well after having Bryan Cranston on. Good point!

5. Morrisb

Reputations:
    That's not the type of movie Howard likes. You know that. It wasn't number 1 either.

Side note, the fact a guy like Kevin James can try MMA is part of the reason why I'm a skeptic about that sport.

6. gridlockd

gridlockd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What's the kind of movie Howard likes got to do with it? I thought you were saying Henry Winkler on Stern didn't help Boom's box office. I'm just saying if you credit Howard with that failure you'd also have to give him credit for Argo's success. Either scenario is silly though, really. Besides Howard said he saw Argo and loved it.

And you realize Kevin James didn't really join MMA, right? That's just the comedy premise for a movie.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  7. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
  8. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    The King of Queens I found funny, but his movies have not been great. He's doing a bunch of broad physical comedy but that TV show of his was actually character driven and required some actual comedic acting skills.

9. Morrisb

Reputations:
    No. It's ALL serious. :coffee:

There's guys in MMA that look like him.

His movies keeping getting worse. At this rate, they'll be a Paul Blart 2. :facepalm:

10. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    Howard gets 2nd stringers on to promote movies these days. Notice that neither Ben Afleck or Kevin James came in to promote those movies? The only times Howard can get a "star" in these days is when they're having to promote a really shitty movie...example: Benecio del Toro coming in to promote "The Wolfman" a few years ago.

I wouldn't credit Howard with having any measurable impact on a film's box office. Few people listen to Stern, and a sizable number of those who do (like us), are tuning in basically to check how shitty the show is. No publicist in his/her right mind is going to book an A-List celebrity to go on a show with such low ratings as Stern's and put them in a position where they'll be asked a multitude of embarrassing questions. In this era, it makes much more sense to have them go on the morning network shows, the late night shows, entertainment shows, and maybe even a sit down for a few internet interviews. You get booked on Stern only if you're a 2nd stringer or are in such a bad movie/TV show that you're desperate.