Howard Expressing Regret Over His Divorce Circa 2002

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Famous, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Famous

Famous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;Nkv6sq0GChk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkv6sq0GChk[/video]

I wonder which daughter?

It's nice to see a modicum of self-awareness and regret over what he's done.

It's funny, because I always remembered this conversation, but I was under the impression that this song came out while he was in the midst of going through the divorce. I didn't realize that it came out in 2002, and he was still feeling this way.

I've mentioned here before that several years into his relationship with Beth, Howard mentioned waking up, and missing his ex-wife so badly. Robin annoyingly responded by saying "that's weird, when you've been with someone else for such a long while now." It's true, but I didn't want her to say anything, because I wanted him to keep talking about it. He backtracked due to that, and was like "well, I miss my family. My kids and everything..."

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  2. Famous

Famous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think that the daughter is Emily, by the way. The poem reference probably especially hit home. It's like Blink wrote this for him.

3. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    if he says it on the radio, he doesn't truly mean it. he says this stuff wanting others to believe he means it. he is a soulless, selfish being without ability to really care about others. all caring he does for others is really about how it effects him and makes him feel.

4. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    His only regret around the divorce is what it cost. He just regrets the second marriage.

And can you imagine the level of buyer's remorse he must have?!? I can't.

How many dumb things must she say each day?!?

How about that slide from "not wanting to be famous" to the "YOU DAMN WELL BETTER MAKE ME FAMOUS!!!" door-slams and hoof-stamps?!?

How about the spending?!?

And now, how about the not even being there?!?

It kind of has to be about Beefus because he's just not human enough to regret the divorce.

He had almost 20 years to be a good dad, and to show even the slightest bit of interest in his kids, and he didn't. But 4 years after the fact a sad song comes on and he gets sad about it?!?!?

:rolleyes:

No, this was a swipe at Beefus; the biggest, albeit in a passive-aggressive way, one he dared take, masquerading as regret over his divorce.

#tricksyjew

And marrying Beefus was a double-whammy:

1. you cut yourself off from other women

2. you've actually got to be with her!

I could see cutting yourself off from other women if that was the only condition attached to not being with Beefus, but the reverse?!?

:uscratch:

:nocheer:

If I had to make a choice between Beefus or nobody, I'd fly solo. I wouldn't even need a night to sleep on it.

5. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    Can we use the term Marblegeddon instead of divorce or maybe even The Marblecaust?

6. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    howard wanted a barrier between himself and other women, with the acquisition of beth, he no longer had pressure to sexually perform for dates, which would lead to dis-closer of his genital deformities, moreover, beth is a willing, and highly paid participant in his ruse of sexual functionality.

7. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I like Marblecaust. The death of all those innocent marbles. Oh, the humanity!!

8. RumBalls

RumBalls The original RumBalls, est. Jan 16, 2012

Reputations:
    Blink182 wrote that song in my honor Robin

9. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Remember when he geniunely played that Tom Petty Last DJ song believing it was in honor of him and his FCC troubles?

10. Bababaloney

Bababaloney Fudge Packer Banned User

Reputations:
    It's so enlightening to find out that you know Mr. Stern so intimately.
    When do you have your next lunch with Howard anyways...:facepalm:

11. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    after monday's show. we're sharing a grape.

12. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's a goddamned good post.

I figure he married Beth because she refused to sign the non-disclosure agreement unless they were wed.
    Some bullshit pre-nup was worked out by their attorney/agent/press-agent and Howard's just naturally comfortable in the eunuch role.

"...another mule been kicking in your stall ...."
    -at the 5 minute 40 second mark in the following:

[video=youtube;Z1gpDcc3FBI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1gpDcc3FBI[/video]

13. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    All the more fitting that despite his many moral "evolution"s he is forced to cling to his most adolescent of former proclaimations-- that having a "hot chick" is worth any intellectual or emotion defecits she may possess.

How's the case study goin', Howch?

14. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Agreed. After all, it's not too late to at least try and build a special and close relationship with his daughters. Instead, he is shooting pictures of beefus scaring kittens.