Howard Fights With Allison & Talks About How His In-Laws Annoy Him

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Famous, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Famous

Famous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard Fights With Alison & Talks About How His In-Laws Annoy Him

[video=youtube;osX3RsL61GY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osX3RsL61GY[/video]

We'll never get real radio like this again. Could you imagine Howard blasting Beth's parents like this? Or berating Beth? He spends his entire existence trying to present a false, perfect, image of his marriage. Any sense of realism will not be tolerated, and that's why the show suffers.

By the way, did you guys see what Alison is up to? Please don't harass her, as she's a legitimate professional, running a legitimate business. Just posting because I find it impressive, especially in comparison to Beth:
    http://alisonbernssimon.com/

I know that she continued her education even after her divorce from Howard.

Could you imagine Beth furthering her education and obtaining professional degrees after divorcing Howard? Like, really. Stop and think about it for a second.

It would make me sad if Howard really thinks that he's upgraded. Deep down, I feel that he knows he hasn't.

What's interesting to me is that though most people here know Beth is a joke, the same posters were going on and on in the Jimmy Kimmel thread about how Kimmel can do better, just based on the fact that Kimmel has money and the girlfriend isn't a looker. Have we not learned anything from this madness?!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  2. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Allison is the Anti-Beth . . .

3. Famous

Famous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Here's another clip of Howard complaining about his ex in-laws once again:

[video=youtube;90PbKwmhIoY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90PbKwmhIoY[/video]

In this clip they also talk to Alison on the phone, and Debra gets on the phone and talks to Howard toward the end. That was a really cute moment.

It's also interesting the talk about how much Alison needs the vibrator when they have sex. She was freaking out when she forgot to bring it. Some people think Howard talks about cumming too soon as a shtick, but I think that it's totally legitimate. He's very genuine when he constantly grills guys about how it's possible to last long.

4. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Weird, that first clip is an edit I made for myself and posted to the Stern newsgroup years ago (just the audio). I can tell from the length and the background artifacts at the very start. Did a lot of edits like that back then, I really miss when the show made that sort of thing well worth the time.

5. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    the vacation one is one of my all time faaaahvorites. :up:

6. Howard Stork

Howard Stork "Big Nosed and Jewish"

Reputations:
    He lost too much money last time. The old boy is ugly, but not too awful dumb.

7. mrd160

mrd160 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    makes me sad...alison was the best...the divorce was the beginning of the end...

8. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    she would go right back at Wiggy

did not need him to bring notice to her.

9. Famous

Famous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Awesome, thanks for originally posting it! For many of us who didn't listen to the show that far back, it's a real treat.

Do you by any chance happen to have Howard's first interview with Robin Givens? That's the one where she talked about dating Brad Pitt. That one I did hear, but I'd like to hear it again. That was on April 14, 1999.

If you do, would you also happen to have the second interview as well? That's the one where she mentioned that Howard's kids don't like Beth. That was on June 7, 2007.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  10. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    good find...and yes, alison was the real deal. i have a feeling she's living a very fulfilled, happy life even though she doesn't have a 16000sq ft house in the haaaaamptons and a duplex in manhattan. she has a real career and she got it on her own.
    one of the things i resent about the current howard is the portrayal of a "perfect" beth and "perfect" inlaws. i want some reality!!!!!!!!!!!

11. kicksave7

kicksave7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I remember these segments...this is the stuff that made the show great. Now all he can talk about is all the celebrities he hangs with and AGT...oh.. and how great he is on AGT. Alison was smart, accomplished and a good mother, all the things Beth isn't. He's so careful not to be "real" now fearing he'll insult Beth or her family, that he has created this perfect wife, perfect in laws, perfect everything that we all know is fake. No way everything is so perfect over there in Chimneyland. While he was creating this "perfect" life, he lost the the one thing that made him and the show unique...real life experiences and day to day marital stuff that everyone could relate to.

12. Famous

Famous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  13. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    When I was listening to the older shows and pulling some edits, I only got up to somewhere in '96. I might go back to them someday, but what the show has come to has kind of soured me on listening to Howard altogether. Bit of a bummer that.

14. Howard Stork

Howard Stork "Big Nosed and Jewish"

Reputations:
    HStorkAllyson.jpg

Stork was happy once.

15. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    can you blame him ? he doesn't want to be a 2 time loser, he will do anything to make this work . i'm glad that he learns from his mistake, but it is sad that Allison never got treated as well as Beth did.

16. Famous

Famous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;fxzrVQCOjL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxzrVQCOjL4[/video]

[video=youtube;7CwS3G4XBjw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CwS3G4XBjw[/video]

17. Famous

Famous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This one is probably my favorite. And it's a prime example of the difference in honesty between how he presents his relationship with Beth, and how he would talk about things with Alison.

Howard has made passing references to Beth doing the same things. Waking him up at night, etc. But he just leaves it at that, and that's it. Here he actually has it out with Alison, & basically says I need my sleep because I'm making a living. He doesn't really go there with Beth:

[video=youtube;1ifzWP0Af_Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ifzWP0Af_Y[/video]

[video=youtube;L4zgeqgAlF8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4zgeqgAlF8[/video]

[video=youtube;FCuoVloUkm8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCuoVloUkm8[/video]

18. FlatTimmy

FlatTimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Not only will we never hear anything like this on a live show, we also won't hear it during a vacation week (not on Sirius, anyway). He'll never let stuff like this air again. I think there was a MTT early on that had Allison's voice on for a second. HS wanted Debra and Emily to thank Richard Simmons for gift he had gotten them. Allison's voice is heard while HS asks her to speak to the kids. The rumor is that Allison hit the ceiling when it aired.

19. jackieavenger

jackieavenger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Great post bro! I can never understand how Howie can hang with Beth intellectually. i never thought of allison as stupid but every time beth opens her mouth, i'm annoyed at her idiocy. I was thinking about writing allison to tell her how much we fans miss her but that would be just too creepy. I'm sure she's happier now without howchie and blames the show for his infidelity and divorce. has anyone written her?

20. Scarfo

Scarfo New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Isn't the trophy wife supposed to hotter than your first wife?