Howard finally appeals

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Jon Hein is God, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
  2. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    what a fuckhead...he should just be happy with the 100's of millions he's already blackmailed from sirius and let things stand.
    he makes me sick.

3. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    At least we can look forward to the moment he loses this as well.

4. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    ........The legal soap opera began in late 2004 when the self-proclaimed “King of All Media†announced he’d be leaving terrestrial radio to join Sirius in January 2006 for a reported $500 million over five years, plus potential stock bonuses.......

:lol:

-Howard never revealed he had subscription stock bonuses when he was selling his revolution!!
    -Howard claimed early on the the Revolution was commercial free yet in his contract he was to share marbles generated from commercials!

Howard Allan Stern pulled off the largest fraud in the history of entertainment!!!

Fuck partner stern!

5. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    To what degree Stern takes his case to the court of public opinion is anyone’s guess, but he has occasionally used airtime to rail against Sirius XM president Scott Greenstein , whom he accuses of having a “f—ing short memory†with regards to where SiriusXM was prior to Stern’s arrival.

:lol:
    Wiggy almost never mentions Greenstein name!

I wonder where this journalist got this story from?
    Americas Smudge???
    :bigthink

6. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
  7. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Every man should have a hobby. Howards is marbles.

8. DearLawd

DearLawd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I had no idea. Just when I thought it wasn't possible to have been duped to any greater degree...I wish I could retweet this 1,000 times.

I remember when The Revolution first started, and Howard kept patting himself on the back for broadcasting "so long" without breaks, but between the phony phone calls and the Robin songs, it felt like he was still getting 15 to 20 minutes off as often as on terrestrial....

What was Howard's mantra again about integrity and not ripping off his fans?

9. Rufus

Rufus Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I hope he gets another female judge.

10. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    I hope he'll enlist Gary to interpret the ruling for him again.

"Boff, it sounds positive. But then the ruling is negative."

11. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    "I have none" and "let's do it!" :dontknow:

12. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It would be great to see another photo of Howard with LOSER! printed on it. They should make it a regular thing.

13. Yeahnolisten

Yeahnolisten Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Hit movie"?

14. MarvelComics85

MarvelComics85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I just heard about this on O&A this morning. I thought it was a repeat, but here we are. :dontknow:

15. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    Right! I love Gary's pithy legal analysis.

He's a regular Justice Booey Day O'Connor!

16. RobinsLapBand

RobinsLapBand Member

Reputations:
    "Howard Stern presses suit seeking $300M from his company, SiriusXM"

http://m.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/gatecrasher/howard-stern-presses-suit-seeking-300m-company-siriusxm-article-1.1131179?localLinksEnabled=false

Howard Stern is ready to get Sirius. Again.

On Monday, the satellite radio shock jock filed a brief with the New York State Supreme Court Appellate Division to put in motion a highly anticipated appeal against his employer, SiriusXM Radio, for an estimated $300 million.

Though the filing, which challenges an April 2012 court dismissal in favor of SiriusXM, has not been processed yet, a clerk at the court’s offices at 27 Madison Ave. confirmed to us that the paperwork is “in the stack†and will probably be made ready by the end of the week.

The legal soap opera began in late 2004 when the self-proclaimed “King of All Media†announced he’d be leaving terrestrial radio to join Sirius in January 2006 for a reported $500 million over five years, plus potential stock bonuses.

When Stern made the announcement, Sirius had a paltry 673,000 subscribers. In December 2010, Stern re-upped for another five years for a reported $400 million. Only now, Stern’s employer was SiriusXM, a name change precipitated by the 2008 merger between Sirius and its satellite competitor XM Radio Inc.

Two years later, the company reported its subscription base had swollen to more than 20 million listeners. Claiming they were owed stock bonuses due to the company’s success, Stern’s 112 Inc. production company, along with agent Don Buchwald , filed a May 2011 lawsuit seeking the estimated $300 million.

In April 2012, New York State Supreme Court Justice Barbara Kapnick dismissed the case, calling the wording in Stern’s original contract with Sirius “clear†and “unambiguous.â€

The upcoming rematch should be interesting. No stranger to confrontation, Stern himself started moonlighting as a judge of sorts after joining NBC’s “America’s Got Talent†in December 2011. To what degree Stern takes his case to the court of public opinion is anyone’s guess, but he has occasionally used airtime to rail against Sirius XM president Scott Greenstein , whom he accuses of having a “f—ing short memory†with regards to where SiriusXM was prior to Stern’s arrival.

The 58-year-old star of radio, film, books and TV has a long history of using his bully pulpit to go after his bosses. In the mid-’80s while at NBC, the Queens native famously nicknamed his show’s program director, Kevin Metheny, “Pig Virus†and made him the butt of many jokes. A composite character allegedly based on Metheny was immortalized by Paul Giamatti in Stern’s 1997 hit film “Private Parts.â€

Neither reps for Stern nor Sirius XM returned our requests for comment before deadline.

17. VAsiCkBoy

VAsiCkBoy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Here we go again :facepalm:

Greedy bastid!

18. Lou Cypher

Lou Cypher New Member VIP

Reputations:
    Jesus. I wish someone or something would topple him off that self-made throne he sits on.

19. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    late in the day......late in the day..........:pray:

20. Popeye Saavedra

Popeye Saavedra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Shit he just filed the appeal? I thought he did this months ago. This is gonna take forever. :jj: