Howard Hates So Much He Gives Us: ABE KANAN!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dexterdog, Oct 6, 2012.

1. dexterdog

dexterdog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Abe Kanan. What a douche. Unlistenable drivel. Really Howard, is this the best you can do? I was never the biggest Bubba fan, but holy Christ, Bubba was radio platinum compared to the radio lead that is Abe Fucking Kanan. If this fartsniffer replaces Scott Ferrell I'm gonna go apeshit. Do you really hate us THIS much? Dead air is more entertaining. Seriously at this point they may as well take Howard 101 and shut it down. I can't take another lame Joke Hunt, Geek Time or Intern Show. What the fuck kind of Revolution is this? It's true... Howard IS The King Of All Media. Even media that comes in the form of putrid ear-bleed-inducing horseshit. Shame on you Howard. Shame on you.

2. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Hate thread. I relate to the hate.

3. EricThMidgetSux

EricThMidgetSux New Member

Reputations:
    Someone needs to explain to me....is Abe Kanan a guy's name, an individual, on the show, or is it just some goofy thing where they call it that because it's a Chicago thing?

The show is awful. Really bad. And I've never heard Howard address it and I'm pretty sure he has no idea what goes on that show.

4. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    I tried to listen, but it made me hostile. :mad:

5. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    Absolute shit show. Almost as bad as AGT

6. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    could be worse he could give us whooping cough

7. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    Last week (Tuesday?), a caller called in and complained about how lame Abe's show is. Howard totally backed Abe and said that people who don't like Abe are in the "minority."

Howard could give two shits about us. Abe Kanan and everything on 101 other than Ferrell (who's gone now) and Riley is absolute radio garbage, and Howard is completely out of touch.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  8. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "I thought it would be a fun thing for the fans"

9. kauzpayne2002

kauzpayne2002 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    the only reason why Abe Kanan as a show is because he does not ask for much money.

also Sirius wants to stay far away from bubba since he and agent will be some legal trouble at some point.

10. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    God awful unlistenable show. I can't understand WHAT it's doing on the Howard channels. It's bizarre really. It exists yet Howard does not even mention it. He's mentioned Bubba. He's mentioned Farell. He's mentioned Chuck Zito. He mentions Fitzsimmons. He even mentions people on other channels. But NO MENTION of why this douchebag's show resides on the HOWARD channels. How really weird. He's spoken more of Rielly Martin than Abe Kanen! I think Howard does not really want him on.

11. Imus O Sternsky

Imus O Sternsky VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    But at least there is a cure for the cough. This other shit is a slow painful fatal death curse

12. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It has to be one of the deals where the guy pays Howard to broadcast his show on H101.

13. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    OP, I hate to say this but prepared to go apeshit. Abe Kanan is going to replace Ferrall, and with Scott gone you might as well delete channel 101 and cram Riley and Fitzsimmons on 100 at night. They should concentrate on making Howard 100 a better channel, instead of having two shitty ones.

14. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    i piss on my fans!

15. WholeAssholeOut

WholeAssholeOut Member

Reputations:
    riley should have a 4 hour show that is played on repeat on howard 101 all day so i can catch it

16. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Abe Kanan is an unfunny hack and even if he doesn't replace Ferrall, the slot will be filled by an equally horrible show which costs nothing to air. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kanan get the air time since he's be filling in whenever Scott has a day off.

17. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The Men of Honor and Squad Leader stuff annoys me but I think it's a decent and topical show that at least tries.... :dontknow:

18. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
  19. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    A guy like Abe Kanan gets his own show so the shit Howard does looks good by comparison. Howard "figured out" that rather than putting in effort creating a funny, entertaining show, all he had to do was set the bar lower.

He won't even give Richard & Sal a show because he knows even they would outshine him at this point.

It's also a factor in the "won't pay anybody" thing. It's win/win for Howard: he gets more money and less competition.

The problem with this thinking, obviously, is that there are literally a million other better listening options outside the Stern universe, otherwise known as "reality", and all that's left for his universe to do is implode in on itself................which is exactly what we're witnessing.

It's a real shame...................he could have had that empire he always dreamt about if he had the vision and magnimity to open the airwaves to his cast, comedians, and wack-packers.

And the one time he did, and hit gold................."Black on Black"...................they Howard sabotaged it.

You don't think that was just about the $500, do you?

20. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Buchwald clients?

:c