Howard is desperate to show dumping all of his old friends is normal and their fault

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Rob0729, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I heard in the interview with Chelsea Handler and Howard asked her if she dumped all her old friends from when she was famous because they were jealous of her success. Of course like probably a majority of the celebrities out there, she said no and that many of her closest friends are from when she first moved to LA and was a struggling comedian. I think Howard thinks she was really going to say that her old friends were jealous of her success and the only people she can relate to are other celebrities.

Howard just can't understand that his friends dumped him because he and his social climbing wife have turned into huge star fuckers who are the bores at party bragging about all the cool people they hang out with. It isn't because celebrities relate to him better, his old friends got tired of listening to him drone on and on about how celebrities relate to him better than people who aren't celebrities.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  2. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard doesn't understand a lot of things. He's an emotional cripple. Howard's narcissism is out of control. His psychiatrist is a fraud, there's no other way of explaining years of therapy that have yielded ZERO results.

3. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard has no friends. Old or new.

4. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    A) You presume he ever had any real friends. I'm not sure he is capable.

#2 - She'll never know this...

[​IMG]

5. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    why hold grudges and beefs with old friends, as I got older my common sense kicked in and I realized how stupid it was to hold on to grudges, I manned up, made peace with the people and everything is good. It seems like the only help the Wig's therapy is doing is making him kiss his cunt wife's ass and say yes to all of her ridiculous demands.

6. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I would like to here another therapists opinion on someone who has been in therapy for 20+ years 3 days a week. Seems excessive, but he is entwined in so many lies that's probably the only person he can be honest with.

7. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    a similar thought popped in my head, what if the whole therapy thing is just shtick?

8. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    This.

9. boomer1976

boomer1976 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    They are so out of touch with reality potential moments like this with a child are lost in the haze of bull shit that follows them around.

10. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Sure there is.

[​IMG]

11. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    This^

And Beth has taken FULL ADVANTAGE of it.

12. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He seems to know a lot of psycho babble, therapist speak that he uses in all his interviews.

Hearing about him not wanting the step counter because of his OCD was just sad too, he needs help either way.

13. Dreamking

Dreamking The dogs of doom are howlin' low...

Reputations:
    The only people he seems to maintain a close personal relationship with are Kimmel and Ronnie The Limo Driver.

Kimmel's on the left coast, so he's out as a daily buddy. That leaves Ronnie.

Given that Ronnie's I.Q. has to be in the low 90's, it begs the question: "exactly what does it take to be a Friend of Howard"?

He's been floggin this whole new friends/old friends a great deal lately. Someone has recently busted him on his new-found phoniness. I suspect a family member.

14. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    What therapy has done for Howard has been to show him what "normal" looks like which has enabled him to imitate certain aspects of being normal, however there has been no underlying change in how his mind functions.

15. Rob0729

Reputations:
    I will give his psychiatrist some leeway. Speaking to psychiatrist friends about a narcissist I know, narcissists are among the hardest people to treat because they cannot take personal responsibility for anything. It is really had for a therapist to break through to a patient who cannot conceive that their own actions have consequences. You gotta really go to a psychiatrist who specializes in narcissists and most narcissists can't admit that they are narcissists. So I doubt Howard's doctor specializes in that field. Granted he should have passed Howard off to a doctor who is.

16. PelicanWig

Reputations:
    that little girl looks more comfortable around Beth than any pet picture i've ever seen.

17. Dreamking

Reputations:
    Don't you think that somewhere along the way his shrink might point out that he has turned himself inside out for Beeef?? That perhaps he's replacing most of his relationships with his need to serve her?

He's been with the shrink for almost 30 years. Dude would have to have some perspective on his recent "changes".

18. PelicanWig

Reputations:
    have you ever talked to your friends Wiggy specifically? I'm curious as to what they would say.

19. Rob0729

Reputations:
    We do have Dee Snider's quotes from Steppin Out magazine where he said:

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/de...o-howard-stern-s-wedding/#6YXQLcDuGtWUBogi.99

20. Dreamking

Reputations:
    The child looks fine.

The person who looks out of place is Beth. That's a real human being in the picture with her, not an animal.

Whatever human maternity she had, has been replaced with a need to perform in front of cameras. Publicity is what she gives life to, not humans.

She has no idea what to do with that human child clutching her.